LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 336 users in the forums

Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana... all hype? or overlooked awesomeness?

Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Beckham at #6 makes me weep openly. Can't see why Lee gets the nod over Beckham, Latimer, or Moncrief... who all have speed... better size.. and better hands.

Have you seen Moncrief play? The guy has stone hands and plays extremely soft for how big he is. The few times he is asked to work the middle dude sees ghosts and is extremely hesitant. They had him run like 3 routes at ole miss(hitch, slant, slant n go/hitch n go) and I don't think ive ever seen Moncrief extend his arms to high point the ball. 1st round measurables, 4th round talent. Neither wide receiver has good hands and both were leaders in drop percentage of all the top WR prospects in the draft.
[ Edited by sf_nicoya on May 2, 2014 at 2:04 PM ]
Originally posted by sf_nicoya:
Beckham at #6 makes me weep openly. Can't see why Lee gets the nod over Beckham, Latimer, or Moncrief... who all have speed... better size.. and better hands.

Have you seen Moncrief play? The guy has stone hands and plays extremely soft for how big he is. The few times he is asked to work the middle dude sees ghosts and is extremely hesitant. They had him run like 3 routes at ole miss(hitch, slant, slant n go/hitch n go) and I don't think ive ever seen Moncrief extend his arms to high point the ball. 1st round measurables, 4th round talent. Neither wide receiver has good hands and both were leaders in drop percentage of all the top WR prospects in the draft.

I have openly stated that Moncrief doesn't have ideal hands... but he does catch most of what comes his way... he just doesn't always extend out and too many get into his body. Other than hands and playing a bit soft for his size, Moncrief is a very appealing prospect though. I currently have him at #47 on my BB.
I am not a fan of drafting Latimer.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think we're taking this guy at #30.
Originally posted by sf_nicoya:

I have openly stated that Moncrief doesn't have ideal hands... but he does catch most of what comes his way... he just doesn't always extend out and too many get into his body. Other than hands and playing a bit soft for his size, Moncrief is a very appealing prospect though. I currently have him at #47 on my BB.

Agreed, Moncrief has coachable flaws, but his overall potential has him in the potential star category. Wouldn't be shocked to see him taken at the end of the first, but he's a definite strong value in the 2nd and worthy of being a top 50 pick.
Originally posted by WINiner:
I am not a fan of drafting Latimer.

Don't go on so. And try breaking it down into paragraphs. Jeez, talk about wall of information.
According to STATS LLC, the Round 1-worthy wide receiver with the fewest drops last season was ... #49ers

... Indiana's Cody Latimer. He had one drop.

Drops

Cody Latimer: 1

Odell Beckham: 4

Mike Evans: 4

Sammy Watkins: 4

Davante Adams: 6

Allen Robinson: 6

Kelvin Benjamin: 7

Brandin Cooks: 7

Marqise Lee: 8

Jordan Matthews: 10
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 6, 2014 at 9:43 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'd cream my pants if we got Latimer.
[ Edited by mayo49 on May 6, 2014 at 9:45 AM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
According to STATS LLC, the Round 1-worthy wide receiver with the fewest drops last season was ... #49ers

... Indiana's Cody Latimer. He had one drop.

Drops

Cody Latimer: 1

Odell Beckham: 4

Mike Evans: 4

Sammy Watkins: 4

Davante Adams: 6

Allen Robinson: 6

Kelvin Benjamin: 7

Brandin Cooks: 7

Marqise Lee: 8

Jordan Matthews: 10

Targets to drops ratio Phoenix?

Latimer is still way ahead of the pack considering he had 73 receptions but players like Matthews, Cooks, Robinson, and Adams were probably probably targeted a significant percentage more than Latimer.
Originally posted by sfout:
Targets to drops ratio Phoenix?

Latimer is still way ahead of the pack considering he had 73 receptions but players like Matthews, Cooks, Robinson, and Adams were probably probably targeted a significant percentage more than Latimer.

5000:1 or so?

He has Dez Bryant ceiling. I hope if we draft him that he reaches it.
Here's hoping that the 49ers find a way to bring this guy in. Tough, high ceiling prospect with outstanding hands.
Share 49ersWebzone