LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

What would it cost to draft Jadeveon Clowney?

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
too much.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
With low slotted salaries for rookies drafting well is going to be the major route to success. I doubt we will ever see a team trade a good chunk of their draft for one player anymore, too much risk too little reward.
Originally posted by BobS:
With low slotted salaries for rookies drafting well is going to be the major route to success. I doubt we will ever see a team trade a good chunk of their draft for one player anymore, too much risk too little reward.

This is the way I see it as well. No matter how good that one player is, he isn't worth the risk. Look at Williams and Walker in the past. Now look at Julio Jones and RG3. Julio and RG3 are great players but one injury knocked Julio out last season and RG3 the season before. RG3 still struggled last season because of the injury the previous season.

Even if they never got injured, it wouldn't be worth it. Your getting a great player but giving up a couple good players and at least 1-2 great players in return.
Here's what I would do to get Jadaveon to the 49ers: Give the Texans #30,#56,#77 and our 1st next year (which will be #32 after winning Super Bowl 49). We'd have Jadaveon, #61,#94,#100,#129,#170 and 3 7ths.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Here's what I would do to get Jadaveon to the 49ers: Give the Texans #30,#56,#77 and our 1st next year (which will be #32 after winning Super Bowl 49). We'd have Jadaveon, #61,#94,#100,#129,#170 and 3 7ths.

And they would laugh at you with that offer. You're looking at 6, 7 picks minimum for the #1 pick in the draft. Atlanta traded 6 picks just to move up for Jones which wasn't nearly as far as the distance between 30 and 1.

With all of this being done in order to draft a guy with questionable at best work ethic.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 19, 2014 at 8:42 AM ]
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
I so hate these kinda threads it just a unrealistic question N thought ... we would have to trade about every pick to move up that far besides we ain't tha New Orleans
Saints or Mike Ditka ......
This.

Waste of time thinking about this. Baalke doesn't want a lazy player
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
I so hate these kinda threads it just a unrealistic question N thought ... we would have to trade about every pick to move up that far besides we ain't tha New Orleans
Saints or Mike Ditka ......
This.

Waste of time thinking about this. Baalke doesn't want a lazy player

This x 10.
I never thought of Drafting him. That would be nuts buy I can't say i'd hate it with all the Aldon Smith stuff. If anyone can pull it off without selling our future it would be Baalke
Share 49ersWebzone