LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 300 users in the forums

What would it cost to draft Jadeveon Clowney?

What do you think it would cost to get Jadevon Clowney?

Don't ridicule me for asking this question, it's only hypothetical.

I know we have more pressing needs for WR and CB but man it would be sweet to have him with Aldon on the field.
I wonder if we could trade aldon and a first rounder to move up and draft Clowney. Or maybe Mack or Barr
Probably our 1st rd pick plus both 2nd rd picks and maybe an early 3rd rd pick added in. That's if he doesn't go in the 1st few picks. We would be better off staying put and drafting a different pass rusher.
Aldon and Clowney would be a dream. According to the draft value chart http://footballguys.com/pickvalue.htm , we could trade up to the second overall pick by giving up our first and two seconds.
I so hate these kinda threads it just a unrealistic question N thought ... we would have to trade about every pick to move up that far besides we ain't tha New Orleans
Saints or Mike Ditka ......
2014 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks plus 2015 1st round pick
Think Julio Jones trade, Swap 1sts, a 2nd, mid rounder, plus future #1, maybe a #2, because of the talent, he won't be cheap. Plus I don't buy this as a good deal. Not happening.
2 1st rounders, 2 2nd rounder's, 2 3rd rounder's.

Essentially giving up 6 quality prospects for 1 guy.
I don't care what it costs don't do it. Clowney's motor and drive and determination have come into question why would you give up so much for a guy like that? and even if he is as good as advertised why give up so many picks just for one guy when there is plenty of holes on the team to fix.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Think Julio Jones trade, Swap 1sts, a 2nd, mid rounder, plus future #1, maybe a #2, because of the talent, he won't be cheap. Plus I don't buy this as a good deal. Not happening.

I don't think it's a good deal either.

don't want a player who does not want to play on the west coast
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Front office won't be clowning around for this guy...
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
IF BAALKE DRAFTS CLOWNEY I WILL GRAB MY BACKPACK, MY BEST SHOES AND RUN AS FAST AS I CAN CAUSE THIS MUST BE THE APOCALYPSE !
Why would we want to draft an over-rated, lazy player that takes plays off and is just counting the days down to get a paycheck when we already have a guy that doesn't even need to try and is twice the player.......???

Let's just get our guys head right and worry about fixing our secondary and building quality depth around our current starters.
I'd love Clowney, but I'd love a 2015 first round pick more. If we can get Clowney without giving up next year's draft, I would be okay with it.
Share 49ersWebzone