LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 209 users in the forums

Niners awarded 3rd round Compensatory Pick

Niners awarded 3rd round Compensatory Pick

Originally posted by azninersfan:
I really want another 1st rd pick next year. I wonder if the KC pick can net us a 2015 1st.
If this draft is as deep as everyone thinks I don't think it would be a problem if the trade the KC 2nd rounder for a 1 in 2015
Originally posted by saj4423:
If this draft is as deep as everyone thinks I don't think it would be a problem if the trade the KC 2nd rounder for a 1 in 2015

I'd do that trade every time. I remember back in 2009 we traded our 2nd rounder to Carolina for a 2010 1st rounder. That pick turned out to be Iupati. They got Everette Brown lol.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

I'd do that trade every time. I remember back in 2009 we traded our 2nd rounder to Carolina for a 2010 1st rounder. That pick turned out to be Iupati. They got Everette Brown lol.

The big advantage is that 5th year option
I wouldn't be upset with them trading our 3rd for a 2nd and KCs 2nd for a 1st.

Idk why but I'm really excited about this comp. It opens us up to trade ups, trades for future picks, and trade outs while still having a pick in every round.
While this gives the niners more leeway consider more options. It needs to be brought to mind that someone has to be willing to trade their pick. If the object(s) of their desire is not their then the grater the likelyhood like Dallas last year. Also need to consider who that team you want to deal with is looking to take or position, not to mention if they are are.

Three or the webzones crushes are Gilbert, Dennard and Evans (forget watkins-unless you are willing to mortgage the future on one player).
Gilbert Out of 11 national media writers,7-oredicted he would go to at 10, and one each had him at 11, 12, 13 and 15
Dennard was all over the place-10 (1), 14 (1), 15 (4), 18 (1), 20 (2), 22(1), 25(1)
Evans 9(3), 10(2), 13(3), 17(2), 18(1),

Some may already know this but I read that
a) Mike Evans was shut down by EJ Gaines, but had big games against Alabama and Auburn.
b) Cook was controled by Ekpra-Olomu
c) Bradley Robey was toasted by Wisconsins Jared
Originally posted by azninersfan:
I really want another 1st rd pick next year. I wonder if the KC pick can net us a 2015 1st.

I highly doubt anyone would do that. 1st round picks are worth more than gold now, due to the draft pick salary restructuring. Theres very little chance that someone worth dealing a 1st rounder for would fall far enough to get to either of our 2nd round slots.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Goldson, Walker & Sopoaga on one side of the scale; Dorsey on the other.

It better be a 3rd and then some.

I don't know that Soap even counts since he got cut. But its not just Dorsey for the 49ers, it is also Skuta, Dahl and Dawson.

Of course he would count. He played 14 games for Philly/NE. Still going to be a 4th rounder though.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Baalke is about to rape this draft

I agree, he now has the weapons to do it.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I'm sure Baalke will trade and get more picks for next year. Baalke is sitting at the table with a monster hand.

That's my hope too. No way all 11 picks are going to make the team. We're just too strong on a lot of positions.
Baalke stockpiles picks every off-season to gain the ability to go up or down in various rds to get the players he and Harbaugh want. Getting an extra 3rd rd pick is gravy...so this draft ought to be a blast for him.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
This draft is going to be fun, can't wait.

Poker Face Trent w/a Full House.
They can't trade it of course so that means they have the last pick on day 2, correct?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genz22:
They can't trade it of course so that means they have the last pick on day 2, correct?

Correct.
Would you guys be ok if the 49ers drafted me with our 3rd round comp pick? I am a 29yr old Canadian in good shape. I have never played organized football but i have played a lot of soccer, volleyball and basketball. (Some of you may be shocked to see that I never played hockey).

Here is my reasoning on why its a good pick
a. I will gladly take the minimum salary for NFL players for years of service. (ie. i want the vet minimum if i am here 10 years)
b. I will never complain about playing time, and in fact, i DONT ever want to see the field as i fear i would be concussed on 1st hit. I want a jersey though.
c. i would rally the boys and do my best to keep everyone positive with high hopes. I will also beak the hell out of the other teams players.
d. a comp pick is an extra pick making it the third pick in round 3.
e. there is a good shot if we draft a real player here he gets cut or could be a cancer to the team and/or holds out eventually for money, gets arrested etc. I will not.
f. I would personally drive our star players around preventing them from getting DUI's, carrying weed, guns etc.
g. I would also 100% make sure to be in the room when a star player is taking home a chick. I will personally put the condom on so we dont have any Travis Henry or Antonio Cromartie situations with our players having 8+ kids.

Those are my reasons. I dont want to play, my main goal is to keep everyone working, happy, and away from the police.
Will you take Canadian dollars? .......................................................didn't think so
Share 49ersWebzone