LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 326 users in the forums

Rams actively shopping 2nd pick.

• KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Pretty obvious that the Rams would want to trade out here. They wont be drafting a QB and have top DEs.

Yep they have no room for Clowney. They could trade down 5-10 spots and take Robinson, Matthews, or Lewan.

I can see them taking Watkins and then a tackle with there next first-round pick. They won't trade down farther then 6. Or tackle then Evans.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
http://nfltraderumors.co/report-rams-actively-shopping-no-2-overall-pick/

I'm calling it, Falcons trade up for Clowney unless Houston is taking him.

Good get Clowney outta the NFC West!!!
This is how I wished had happened when we had the top pick and drafted Alex Smith. Unfortunately it was a weak draft and not takers.
Yep they have no room for Clowney. They could trade down 5-10 spots and take Robinson, Matthews, or Lewan.
Chris Long will be very expensive next year. Thus, they could draft his successor who happens to be cheaper.

They could also go after an OT in round 2. Jake Long is not dead. The bigger problem is Saffold who indeed is injury-prone but he plays Guard.

Just my 2 cents.
As long as Bradford is qb, the rams are all but irrelevant.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WildBill:
This is how I wished had happened when we had the top pick and drafted Alex Smith. Unfortunately it was a weak draft and not takers.

Yeah, I agree somewhat. But I think the fact that we had a newbie GM/Coach probably had more to do with it. The guy was probably clueless as to how to trade down draft picks, since it was his first draft in the first place.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Let's hope the Texans draft Clowney or trade the pick to the Falcons or another team that wants Clowney. Then the Rams will get less for the second pick.

Even if Clowney goes #1, there still could be a demand for their pick. QB needy teams (Cle, Oak, TB, Min and darkhorse Ten) could look to move up and take the top QB on their draft board.

As far as who they might take I would not overlook St.Louis taking Mack be it at 2 or via trade down should he still be on the board. He can play SLB in their base D and DE in nickel/sub packages which would allow Chris Long to slide inside.
Rams could easily stick with #2 spot if Clowney is taken #1. They need O-Line, WR, and who knows, maybe they even want a QB as well. All 3 positions are next in line for the top of the draft.

I am sure ideally they want to move back to 5-6th spot and pick up extra pick, but i am sure they are content where they are. I also dont want Clowney in the NFC West.
Clowney is a lazy clown, but he will be a tough matchup, if and when he decides to play.
I'm not worried about the Rams, regardless of who they draft or how many picks they have.

Although this draft is arguably the deepest in a decade, it is notably thin at the one position they must improve to compete with the best in the NFL - Quarterback. I don't think the Rams are sold on Bradford but I highly doubt they spend one of their first rounders on a QB. I think they will try to grab a guy they like in Rounds 2-4. That pick will make all the difference to the Rams' future. They are good enough with mediocre QB play to finish between 7-9 and 10-6 next year. That won't net them a top 10 pick in next year's draft. So if Bradford is Bradford and the guy they draft this year doesn't pan out, the Rams will be short a franchise QB in 2015 as well.

So, do the Rams grab a franchise QB in this year's draft? Nope. Even assuming there is one or two out there, the Rams won't land him. Jeff Fisher is a very good coach and good talent evaluator but his QB choices have always held his teams back. Steve McNair was by far the best QB he ever had, and Steve McNair, in his prime, was not a top 10 QB (career passer rating of 82, 59% completion percentage)

Quarterbacks drafted by Fisher - Vince Young, Rusty Smith, Kevin Daft, Bucky Richardson, and Steve McNair. He simply cannot find and develop ultimate QB talent. Can the Rams win without a franchise QB? History says they've got about a 15% chance of winning a SB without one.

• xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Clowney is a lazy clown, but he will be a tough matchup, if and when he decides to play.

i have a feeling clowney will play hard and be a playmaker in order to get a nice second contract. beyond that, he'll underachieve unless he matures and truly becomes goal oriented.
Why would the Rams want Clowney with Long and Quinn?
Everyone thinks the Falcons will trade up to take Clowney. Honestly, I think they stay where they are and either take Kalil Mack, if he falls to them, or one of the top offensive tackles. With this draft being so deep, I think teams will want to hold onto their picks, especially the top 10 teams that need an influx of young players...I predict the Rams stick where they are (unable to trade the pick) and take Sammy Watkins and then with their second pick at #13, they'll take a tackle or safety.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Why would the Rams want Clowney with Long and Quinn?

I just don't want them to draft Watkins, I'm hoping they take a tackle.
Share 49ersWebzone