LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 214 users in the forums

Carpet Bomb Mock 1.0

Finally someone notices my guy EJ Gaines! Most people see the name Gaines & they think Phillip. EJ's the better of the two IMO, and he's a must-have IMO.

Dominique Easley, Donte Moncrief, EJ Gaines & especially Dri Archer are must-haves if they go anywhere near where they're projected to go IMO.
Not a bad mock
You forgot Taylor Mays
Originally posted by 49ers808:
You forgot Taylor Mays

Wow totally slipped my mind . . . shows his impact on the franchise. So we did have an early round bust, but I'd argue Singletary kinda shoved Mays down Baalke's throat.
great mock
our secondary and WRs would be in very good shape after this draft! i really like it! bravo!
Thanks again for the feedback everybody. Now if I could only get Baalke to take my phone call.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
This would be amazing
Swap Moncrief with Matthews and great mock. IMO; Matthews runs smoother routes, looks more natural on the field, has the genetic pedigree, record holder for most receiving yards in same conference, better hands, bigger hands (biggest hands of any receiver at the combine -- 10 3/8 inches) and a work ethic that fits with what our Niners are all about. A tough, hard-nosed, hard working team.

He fits as a good, possibly great predecessor to Crabs and/or Quan. Who, again IMO, have a mesh of similar games. Strong hands, great route runners, good YAC, tough dudes. What Crabs and Anquan have both done so quickly after tough injuries ( Crabtree - Achilles, Boldin - broken Jaw) in their careers is incredible. In general, Matthews strikes me as a similar type guy. Wants to be great. Also, just seems to have that confidence and nac for the game. At the combine, Jordan said "I think I stack up great against every wide receiver here," Matthews told AL.com's Andrew Gribble. "I feel like I have definitely shown my explosiveness. ... I know where my speed is and I know I am one of the fastest guys in the country if not the fastest with the ball in my hands."

But Moncrief is faaast too and could be a bigger/stronger version of a Mike Wallace. Take them both!
Share 49ersWebzone