There are 190 users in the forums

my dream mock draft

Boldin kills it from the slot. We just haven't had anyone consistent enough on the outside to let him move to the slot consistently. Patton or Moncrief could play outside, so Boldin could abuse Nicklebacks/LBs, or Archer could learn the slot.

Not sure Moncrief makes it to mid/late 2 anymore, and I don't think LaMike gets us from the bottom of the 2nd to the top.

I like the rest of it. I think we're set at DL, but Baalke will prob trade up or down at that spot anyway.
In the long term Martin may be projected as a guard but this season I am sure the 49ers see him as depth at tackle, You mentioned Boone switching but he is also our 1st choice to switch to tackle if a starter gets injured and fill in for his guard spot. Martin makes it so we don't have to switch Boone. Better to draft a back up Center in that spot.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Boldin kills it from the slot. We just haven't had anyone consistent enough on the outside to let him move to the slot consistently. Patton or Moncrief could play outside, so Boldin could abuse Nicklebacks/LBs, or Archer could learn the slot.

Not sure Moncrief makes it to mid/late 2 anymore, and I don't think LaMike gets us from the bottom of the 2nd to the top.

I like the rest of it. I think we're set at DL, but Baalke will prob trade up or down at that spot anyway.

Agree. I love Boldin from the slot, he should be the primary player at that position. Often times we lined up Miller out wide so Boldin could go to the slot lol. I love Miller, but he's a little out of his realm there. We need someone who can threaten the defense over the top. 3 WR sets with Crab and a speed option out wide, Boldin in the slot, Davis threatening the seams.
Love the 1st. 3 choices, I hope like hell we draft Truitt or Nix III- we need to get one of them. I wouldnt do the trades and other ppics tho. I'd stay put and add Skov, Jimmie(SS/N. Ill), and another C/G guy. James will have his chances next year after Gore retires, so I wouldnt cut or trade him-I'd extend him.
[ Edited by toppdogg32 on Mar 16, 2014 at 7:38 PM ]
Originally posted by Quest4six:
I almost am willing to bet we don't even take a D-lineman at all unless they are hurt, or it's a steal.
Taking Tuitt doesn't help us next year, we have a lot of FA next year and if we want to win a SB, Tuitt is not the answer.
Baalke knows that, which is why we drafted 3 D-lineman in last years draft.

In my opinion Carradine and Dial will play better next season than Tuitt. Not the answer for a first round pick.

Yo,
Carridine was injured as was Dial for most of the Season. Can't wait to see these guys in action.

It's honestly shocking that these guys are getting ZERO hype.

I consider Tank, Lattimore, Dial, Okoye and Marquardt, Experienced Rookies. Now there's an oxymoron.
Share 49ersWebzone