There are 171 users in the forums

Who's your "I told you so." Draft Crush from years past?

Looking at my final mock last year, I had us trading up for Cordarrelle Patterson, then taking Datone Jones and Tyrann Mathieu with our first 3 picks.. That'd be looking really good right about now.. Only thing is Jones went in the first round
^^Just wanna say that last year's draftees are gonna be huge for us this year.. Reid with a year of starting experience under his belt will only get better, same with McDonald I think he'll be the most improved player for us this year.. Then we have the unknown in Tank and Lattimore.. Gonna be a fun season
1. Zach Ertz- I was screaming for Baalke et al to draft Ertz. I was hoping it was a lock to take, but then they traded down and took McDonald. Baffling to me, and still is. When I watched Ertz make the clutch catch vs Oregon, then not celebrate and simply handed the ball to the ref, I thought this guy is first class.
2. Earl Thomas- I think Anthony Davis great, but I loved Earl Thomas.
3. Jake Plummer- I thought he was a better fit than Jim Drunkenmiller, Would have been the best transition from Montana/Young

Misses-
1. I wanted the team to trade up for David De Castro, (we did not know Boone would be so good)
2. Okoye- I thought he might make the roster from day 1,
3. Le Michael James- I thought he was going to be a baller like in college
4. Cody PIckett- I simply wanted him to be our Tom Brady
I told you so:
Desean Jackson
Aaron Rodgers
Earl Thomas
Keenan Allen
Demaryius Thomas

Oops:
Quentin Groves
Alan Branch
Christian Ponder
Michael Clayton
In 2013, I really wanted Da'Rick Rogers (WR now with Indie). The guy had 14 catches for 192 yards in Indie... not bad for an undrafted rookie. Considering his huge upside, I think we missed on this one.

In 2012, I really wanted Rueben Randle (WR now with the Giants). He had 41 catches for 611 yards in 2013. Good production for a second year WR. We could have picked him instead of LaMichael James. Miss.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Vince Wilfork, that's all I gotta say.

Reshawn Woods. Ugh that trade back pissed me off
[ Edited by mutant-man49 on Mar 10, 2014 at 11:28 AM ]
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
Last year I was hoping we would draft Tyrann Mathieu

Years ago I was pissed we traded two 1st round picks to move up and draft JJ Stokes. My friends who were Raider fans told me what a great pick it was and I told them it sucked. Two 1st round picks for a possession receiver. We already had TO and Jerry Rice. Jerry was losing a step and could convert to a possession receiver and add years to his career with us. Why draft another. What a waste. Definately an I told you so.

Considering Stokes was drafted in 1995 and Owens was drafted in 1996, this story couldn't have happened like you remember.

Yeah , your right. Long time ago. I just remember thinking Rice could switch to possession receiver because it was later in his career and how stupid it was to spend two 1st round picks to get a possession receiver. The day after the draft I was pissed off and my friends all thought Stokes was going to be a stud. If we were going to go after a top receiver I wanted someone with enough speed to try and get deep to compliment Rice. I just hated the pick. My friends were jealous and I was pissed. I didn't think he would be a complete bust but I knew we never should have drafted him.
Don't know if he counts since he was taken in the later rounds but I thought Nate Davis was gonna be the guy that finally pushed Alex to the curb. Loved his arm. Glad we have Kap now
  • irief
  • Veteran
These have all been great responses!

I think Brandon Cooks will be this years "I told you so." player if we don't draft him. I think Deon Buchannon(sp) (S), who's been getting a lot of love on the zone, may turn out to be another Taylor Mays type of story. Safeties have to be able to cover in today's NFL.
Originally posted by Draftology:
I told you so:
Desean Jackson
Aaron Rodgers
Earl Thomas
Keenan Allen
Demaryius Thomas

Oops:
Quentin Groves
Alan Branch
Christian Ponder
Michael Clayton

Cal fan :)

Originally posted by irief:
These have all been great responses!

I think Brandon Cooks will be this years "I told you so." player if we don't draft him. I think Deon Buchannon(sp) (S), who's been getting a lot of love on the zone, may turn out to be another Taylor Mays type of story. Safeties have to be able to cover in today's NFL.

Totally agree on Buchanon. He's one of my least-favorite prospects in this draft.
LeGarette Blount... had him, should have kept him.
f**king Alshon Jeffery.

I thought Baalke was going to do it too. f**k.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
f**king Alshon Jeffery.

I thought Baalke was going to do it too. f**k.

AJ Jenkins over him was literally a franchise changer. Imagine having a big bodied deep threat like Jeffery on this squad? In the RZ? To Stretch the D? Our 2 biggest needs. Not only am I convinced we win the SB one of the past 2 years if we drafted him, but we would be setup BIG TIME for the long haul. Crabs wants to get paid top 5 money? Good luck in Dallas. Now Crabs can hold us for ransom.

The thing that bothered me the most about the AJ pick over Jeffery was that Baalke was all cocky ( not gamecocky though ) about the pick, saying he put it in an envelope the night before. You do some sh!t like that, you better damn well hit!!! I wouldn't have been as mad if he picked Fleener, or Randle at that spot, but to say to everyone that you know more than them and wiff that bad...unacceptable.

Alshon was a BEAST his Jr year at South Carolina, hands down the best WR in the country. He was so much fun to watch on the field. Then he got into a funk his Sr year, gained weight and scared everyone away. The FO has to do a better job grabbing some of these highly talented kids that maybe have a flaw or two. With our strong locker room and hands on coaching, I don't understand why we don't take a risk or two. I think people forget that these are college kids, hell, I wouldnt want my Sr year in college to be the measuring stick for the rest of my life.

Seeing Alshon dominate the way he did this year, while AJ was traded away....it absolutely killed me.
Originally posted by HERN:
My draft crush from 09' proudly became a reality: Michael Crabtree.

Dont know what i was thinking draft crush from 2011: Christian Ponder.

Damn. You admitted that? f**k dude!!!
Share 49ersWebzone