LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 212 users in the forums

Who's your "I told you so." Draft Crush from years past?

• irief
  • Veteran
I remember a bunch of you guys clamoring for the likes of Carl Nicks, Desean Jackson, Kam Chancellor, and so on in past drafts. These players turned out to be outstanding for their respective teams. Just for fun, post your "I told you so" player that's been outstanding in the NFL. Even better if they were a mid to late round pick.

Also post who you were really pissed that the Niners did not take, only to watch them turn out to be busts. Some examples that come to mind are Quentin Groves and Everett.
Bear Pascoe and Jim Dray, would have solved the backup TE, blocking TE duties for last few years. Tom Ashworth and Brian de la puente were FA we signed who went on to have great careers. Henry Hynoski blasted our LB's over the last few yrs. too. Richard Sherman and Baldwin(wr), Stanford guys Jim shouldve lobbied for too.
[ Edited by toppdogg32 on Mar 9, 2014 at 9:32 PM ]
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
i was pounding the table for vehldeer a few years ago.
larry warford and kyle long last year -- both all pro guards soon.

chris harper last year -- can't win them all
I have a few "I told you so" players & a few "whoops" players.

Omitting first rounders: I loved Carl Nicks, Calalias Campbell, Jimmy Graham, Mike Wallace, Greg Hardy, Arthur Jones, Dwayne Allen & a few others I'm sure I'm forgetting. I nailed the 2010 draft pretty well.

I also loved Marvin Austin (oops), Bruce Davis (I'm forever wary of UCLA players now) & Chad Henne. And I thought Percy Harvin would never make it in the NFL. Maybe I was like 30% right about that last one. I loved Greg Little too, and the jury is still out on him; he's talented, but he's a screw up.

I absolutely loved Tank Carradine & Corey Lemonier (and Eric Reid; draft day was like my birthday last year). Time will tell if I told you so or if I got told...
Last year - Logan Ryan, Kawann Short, Ace Sanders, Marcus Lattimore, and Da'Rick Rogers were guys I really wanted. Kawann was my draft crush cause he played at Purdue and I love all Boilers. Ace was my lightning in a bottle draft crush. And my high potential pick was Rogers.
Aaron Rodgers
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
Aaron Rodgers

We have a winner.
Chilo Rachal and Le Michael james- New Chilo was gonna be a bust- was sorry at USC, and James came at an overloaded position and his skillset isnt a match for us. Der was several RB that we could have got at that spot or later, that would help. The Bears took my draft crush at RB..
"I told you so"
2005 Justin Tuck
2006 Marques Colston
2007 LaMarr Woodley
2008 Cliff Avril
2009 Mike Wallace
2010 Earl Thomas
2011 Randall Cobb
2012 Janoris Jenkins

"Whoops!"
2005 J.J. Arrington
2006 Chad Jackson
2007 Brian Leonard
2008 Quentin Groves
2009 Everette Brown
2010 Brandon Graham
2011 Dontay Moch
2012 Stephen Hill
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Vince Wilfork, that's all I gotta say.

Coby Fleener he already knew Harbaugh's offense him and Davis would have made a awesome tandem. If we took Fleener we let Walker go and don't have to draft a TE in 2013 in Mcdonald who is so far a bust and we could have used the pick on some one else.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
"I told you so"
2005 Justin Tuck
2006 Marques Colston
2007 LaMarr Woodley
2008 Cliff Avril
2009 Mike Wallace
2010 Earl Thomas
2011 Randall Cobb
2012 Janoris Jenkins

"Whoops!"
2005 J.J. Arrington
2006 Chad Jackson
2007 Brian Leonard
2008 Quentin Groves
2009 Everette Brown
2010 Brandon Graham
2011 Dontay Moch
2012 Stephen Hill

I bombed on Stephen Hill too. Started the thread for him pre-combine. Followed him on twitter, gotta follow back. Made me like the kid more. Knew he was an athletic freak. Combine came, blew up. And I loved him more. Then went to the Jets. Still think with some coaching and some other offensive weapons around him, he can develop into a really good WR, just has yet to happen.
Ryan Kerrigan was a guy I wanted too (would have been at the Aldon pick). Being a Purdue guy, I really wanted him to come here. Really good player on the field, great guy off it. We were in need of a rusher. Thought the stars were going to aline and make it happen. He's had a good career so far for the Redskins, but I'm more than happy to have Aldon.
I really liked Ryan Mallet coming out of Arkansas. Jury is still out on him but Im glad we got Kap instead.
Tyrann Matheiu
Share 49ersWebzone