LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Bradley Roby - Ohio State

Talented and physically gifted, but all those question marks about his off field stuff would scare me away at this point. I would take Dennard, Gilbert, Fuller or Verrett at this point, but Roby is out of the picture.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Talented and physically gifted, but all those question marks about his off field stuff would scare me away at this point. I would take Dennard, Gilbert, Fuller or Verrett at this point, but Roby is out of the picture.

same here, we have enough knuckleheads already
Might I remind everyone that one of those knuckleheads, Aldon Smith, is the best player on the entire team? Without him, the 49ers have ZERO Super Bowl chances this season. And without him the Packers would've bounced the 49ers in the first round.

I'm not pro-knucklehead. But I'll take the "knucklehead" Roby & his talent over an inferior CB who is better behaved. OLB & #1 CB are premium positions on the defense.
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Apr 17, 2014 at 7:09 PM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Lets not act like TMZ reportes here and actually do a little research before posting.

Last July Roby was involved in an altercation with security personnel at a bar in Bloomington, Ind. He was charged with misdemeanor battery, which was reduced to disorderly conduct and then conditionally dismissed after video revealed that Roby was more victim than perpetrator.

After the incident Coach Urban Meyer suspended Roby for the season opener cause a professional athlete should not get himself in a situation like this in the first place.

The first few games of the season created questions about his work ethic.

"My eye control wasn't great. I learned the importance of practice. You practice as you play. I naively thought that I could just show up and play well. Being fundamentally sound, lining up right, all the little nuances, I got away from that. You could see my play was slacking. I got away from what got me here."

Roby knew he had to rededicate himself. He practiced and studied the game more diligently, and his play improved in the second half of the season. Roby was named first-team all-Big Ten by both coaches and media.

"I definitely learned a lot from that whole situation," Roby said of the early-season criticism. "It wasn't an easy moment, to have everybody questioning me. I actually think that helped me in the long run because now I know what it takes to always go out and have a good game."

This is what Ohio State´s Cornerback Coach Kerry Coombs had to say about Roby.
Coombs and Roby always have had a close relationship, largely because of Roby's work ethic.

"He screwed up. He's wrong. He knows it. He's paying a tremendous price."

"(But) he works like a professional every day. He works hard at his craft every day. He studies film. He takes care of his business."

"He wants to be as good as anybody in the country. He's not yet. He knows that. We've had that discussion."

"I don't find him to be different. I find him to be embarrassed, and I don't blame him. But I find him to be a guy who's going about his business as a pro."

Roby about his future.
"I think I had obvious shortcomings, on and off the field," Roby said in a recent phone interview. "It's not about what happens to you. It's all about how you respond and if you really learned. If you don't learn, then it's going to keep happening over and over again. I believe in karma. I believe in learning from mistakes; that's what they're there for."

Some guys are excited just to be in the NFL," Roby said. "I'm excited actually to be a pro and to call myself a professional. I can't wait, and I've already begun the process, to totally dedicate my life to football. I really feel like once that happens, that's when I'm going to get the best out of myself."

"I feel I matured a lot more than I would have if I'd have left last year," he said.
[ Edited by DeUh on Apr 18, 2014 at 4:50 AM ]
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Might I remind everyone that one of those knuckleheads, Aldon Smith, is the best player on the entire team? Without him, the 49ers have ZERO Super Bowl chances this season. And without him the Packers would've bounced the 49ers in the first round.

I'm not pro-knucklehead. But I'll take the "knucklehead" Roby & his talent over an inferior CB who is better behaved. OLB & #1 CB are premium positions on the defense.

Aldon performed out on the field while Roby got lit up like a Christmas tree this past season.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Aldon performed out on the field while Roby got lit up like a Christmas tree this past season.

He did not. He had a burn rate of 10 percent while in press man or off man coverage.
http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2014/04/24/columbus-bradley-roby-ovi-charge.html

"Former Ohio State University Buckeye football player Bradley Roby is facing an OVI charge. Court documents show that the incident occurred on April 20 and a report was filed on April 22."
That's going to cost him.
[ Edited by LottOfDefense on Apr 24, 2014 at 3:55 PM ]
so was he just sleeping in his parked car?
Best news this offseason?

These guys are idiots. Honestly, they need a babysitter until they are drafted. Charles Siddoway, an OT from Mississippi St that I have drafted...or had drafted in the last few days...was just arrested for burglary. He will undoubtably go undrafted now, which will cost him far more than the garbage he was attempting to steal.

Roby probably cost himself a seat in the first round, which will be in the hundreds of thousands of dollars to millions of dollars over his first contract.

Stupid is as stupid does,
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
These guys are idiots. Honestly, they need a babysitter until they are drafted. Charles Siddoway, an OT from Mississippi St that I have drafted...or had drafted in the last few days...was just arrested for burglary. He will undoubtably go undrafted now, which will cost him far more than the garbage he was attempting to steal.

Roby probably cost himself a seat in the first round, which will be in the hundreds of thousands of dollars to millions of dollars over his first contract.

Stupid is as stupid does,

I feel vindicated now having Roby slotted in the second round in my previous mock. I just couldn't see a guy who makes boneheaded decisions and really has not shown the consistent effort of an expected top NFL performer, or for that matter maturity, being worthy of a 1st round selection.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 24, 2014 at 5:20 PM ]
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/24/bradley-roby-charged-with-operating-a-vehicle-under-the-influence/

��‚��"This past weekend my client Bradley Roby was issued a citation in Columbus, Ohio for operating a vehicle while impaired (OVI),��‚�� Perrett said in a statement. ��‚��"Bradley was sitting in his parked car in a parking lot when he was approached and questioned by an officer. He was fully cooperative and willingly submitted to field sobriety and breathalyzer tests. His BAC test registered a negligible .008 and after further testing at the police station, he was very quickly released on his own recognizance. There are no other charges, and we are confident that this matter will be resolved quickly and favorably for Bradley. However, as the matter is still pending, we cannot comment further at this time.��‚��

Thta's .008 not .08. One tenth of the legal limit. This is a non-story.
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Apr 24, 2014 at 5:25 PM ]
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/24/bradley-roby-charged-with-operating-a-vehicle-under-the-influence/

��‚��"This past weekend my client Bradley Roby was issued a citation in Columbus, Ohio for operating a vehicle while impaired (OVI),��‚�� Perrett said in a statement. ��‚��"Bradley was sitting in his parked car in a parking lot when he was approached and questioned by an officer. He was fully cooperative and willingly submitted to field sobriety and breathalyzer tests. His BAC test registered a negligible .008 and after further testing at the police station, he was very quickly released on his own recognizance. There are no other charges, and we are confident that this matter will be resolved quickly and favorably for Bradley. However, as the matter is still pending, we cannot comment further at this time.��‚��

Thta's .008 not .08. One tenth of the legal limit. This is a non-story.

Yup, non-story. You can't even sit in your car these days without the f**king cops breathing down your throat. Dragged him to the station over a .008 BAC. SMH
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
so glad he won't be a niner
Share 49ersWebzone