LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 427 users in the forums

Colt Lyerla worth a late round pick?

Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Originally posted by buck:
You actually watched him beat his girlfriend?

That is really impressive. No doubting your ability to make sound judgments.

No. I take that back. That is just ducking sad, dude.

Not too sure what's going on here...

Originally posted by bors:
You watched lamike beat his girl?did you just sit there and watch?

I thought more or less the same thing as the poster above.

May be I misunderstood what you meant, but watching someone beat his girlfriend just sounds weird.

Did you try to intervene? How long did you watch?

You can't just watch a guy beat his girlfriend. Do something.
  • bors
  • Veteran
Maybe this is lamikes girlfriend...and by watch means like out o body exp
Was waived by the pack today

I don't know how the Vernon situation will end up next year, or what will become of the starting TE role.
But I'm impressed that he was able to find a spot on that team, IMO he would have made the 53 if he didn't get hurt.

I think he is worth a the investment, c'mon Baalke!

I don't know how the Vernon situation will end up next year, or what will become of the starting TE role.
But I'm impressed that he was able to find a spot on that team, IMO he would have made the 53 if he didn't get hurt.

No doubting his talent. My biggest fear with a guy like this is that he will let you down eventually. There is zero risk if he's your 3rd or 4th TE, but let's say he works his way into the 2nd, or even 1st TE role. Can we trust a guy like this to stay clean and be on the field? Dude seems like a coke-snorting whack job. We're already dealing with Aldon's alcoholism and the major issues that has created. I don't think we can add a cokehead on top of that.

Meh he was unlikely to make the team.

Lets put it this way. I work with a bunch of Packer diehards. Any new news about the Packers during my workday is immediately disclosed by someone and then usually becomes the #1 non business related topic for at least the next few hours. I didn't find out about Lyerla getting cut until I got home and it happened hours ago.

The commonly held belief is that the Packers were likely to try to get him on their PS. Apparently the Packers feels they can rehabilitate this guy into his potential.

Meh he was unlikely to make the team.

Lets put it this way. I work with a bunch of Packer diehards. Any new news about the Packers during my workday is immediately disclosed by someone and then usually becomes the #1 non business related topic for at least the next few hours. I didn't find out about Lyerla getting cut until I got home and it happened hours ago.

The commonly held belief is that the Packers were likely to try to get him on their PS. Apparently the Packers feels they can rehabilitate this guy into his potential.
I think this dude could turn his life around much like Boone did. He'll make a lucky team very happy if that happens.
Arrested again. This time for suspicion of driving under the influence of drugs. Lmao.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I think this dude could turn his life around much like Boone did. He'll make a lucky team very happy if that happens.

Too soon bro, too soon.

Look up trainwreck in the dictionary and it says "See Colt Lyerla."
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Too soon bro, too soon.

Look up trainwreck in the dictionary and it says "See Colt Lyerla."

I don't want him anymore.
That alone should show how far he has fallen. Waste of talent, and sad honestly.
I can't stand people that are given so much and throw it away with stupid choices, nobody to blame but yourself.

Nah dont want this dude. We already have enough people that get arrested.
http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf/2014/09/canzano_colt_lyerla_story_turn.html

Canzano: Colt Lyerla story turns sad; hours before arrest, he tried to cut a deal for an interview
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:

Yes, and I think we stop pretending that our locker room is strong enough to deal with players that have issues.

Originally posted by BigYellowKahuna:
http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf/2014/09/canzano_colt_lyerla_story_turn.html

Canzano: Colt Lyerla story turns sad; hours before arrest, he tried to cut a deal for an interview

Dude needs some serious help...
Share 49ersWebzone