There are 272 users in the forums

Who's Your Draft Crush?

Originally posted by DeUh:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Christian Bryant sucks...

Ryan Shazier is 6'2" 235ish and jumped 42" and just run a 4.36... Freak. I know he's seen as a traditional WILL in a 4-3 scheme, but then again, so was Navorro Bowman.

Please explain your bolded opinion...

Ill be waiting patiently.

He sucks... He's small, he doesn't make plays, he isn't a very good hitter... solid tackler, though. Not particularly fast or athletic. Some of the worst hands this side of Donte Whitner. He's a worse prospect and player than Kurt Coleman.

LOL. I dont have time this second since im at work. But i will be back to argue this evening....

I'm an Ohio State fan and have seen EVERY game of Bryant's career. You're out of your area here, little man.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Out of Our Range:
1.Watkins 2.Gilbert 3.Dennard 4.Clinton-Dix (no whitner, trade up) 5.Pryor (no whitner, trade up)

In Our Range 1st Rd:
1.Matthews 2.Verrett

2nd/3rd Rd:
1.Landry 2.Moncrief 3.Easley

Others I Like But Not a Crush:
Jimmy Garoppolo - Favorite QB Besides Bridgewater But Will Go A Round Too High For Us
Jared Abbrederis - Badger & A "Football Player"
Chris Borland - Badger, & A "Football Player"
Ricardo Allen - Would love to get in the mid to late rounds.
Lache Seastrunk - Intrigued by him more than anything with Charles like ability.

I wouldn't be so sure that Dennard is out of our range. As it currently stands yes, but if he were to fall to say 19 I could see us pullling a deal to jump up into Miam's spot to take him. Anyway, my draft crushes are as follows.

Darqueze Dennard - Big surprise I'm sure.
Brandin Cooks - The speed that we need.
Kyle Fuller - If we can't get Dennard, he might be a nice plan B.
Donte Moncrief - He would probably be both our biggest and fastest receiver rolled into one. If we could somehow get Dennard and him I would be floored.
Stephon Tuitt - I have liked him for a few years now. He's a beast and seems like our type of D-Lineman.
Ah, yes, the white guys as the "football players". Truth be told, both Borland and Abbrederis are outstanding athletes.

If anything, Ricardo Allen is a "football player". Good call on him... forgot all about him. Tough ass kid... confidence through the roof and a really good athlete. Baby Antoine Winfield. Would love to add him to our roster.

I didn't say those guys weren't athletes I am from Wisc and a Badger fan so I know what they are capable. I called Jarvis Landry a football player and he's black. By football player I don't mean white I mean like Harbaugh means... a blue collar player who brings their lunch pale to work everyday.... does what they are told, is all about the team, is going to give you his all, just guys you want on your team. You can't have enough of them.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 8, 2014 at 10:43 AM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Ah, yes, the white guys as the "football players". Truth be told, both Borland and Abbrederis are outstanding athletes.

If anything, Ricardo Allen is a "football player". Good call on him... forgot all about him. Tough ass kid... confidence through the roof and a really good athlete. Baby Antoine Winfield. Would love to add him to our roster.

I didn't say those guys weren't athletes I am from Wisc and a Badger fan so I know what they are capable. I called Jarvis Landry a football player and he's black. By football player I don't mean white I mean like Harbaugh means... a blue collar player who brings their lunch pale to work everyday.... does what they are told, is all about the team, is going to give you his all, just guys you want on your team. You can't have enough of them.

You're right, didn't mean to paint you with that brush... but you know how it is. Generally, white guys are "blue-collar, great motors, great work ethic, quicker than fast" etc etc. I heard someone saying that about J.J. Watt as if he wasn't arguably the best athlete in the entire league. It's just frustrating... and this is a black guy saying this..
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
One of my favorite nickel cornerbacks in this years draft class who is way under the radar and also one of my top draft crushes !

Qua Cox CB 5´10" 184 Jackson State

Mine are...
Pryor
Fuller
Archer
Now that Marqise Lee appears to be dropping to late-1st round status, he's my draft crush.
Mine are Bradley Roby & Louis Nix. Both will probably be gone by 30, but either one at 30 would be a steal IMO.

I'd say Brandin Cooks too, but I'm 97% sure he's long gone by 30.

My not-so-first-round draft crushes are:

Moncrief, Marcus Martin, Dri Archer, Jordan Matthews, Jackson Jeffcoat, Kareem Martin, Phillip Gaines, Jaylen Watkins, Brandon Coleman, EJ Gaines, Trent Murphy.

My might-fall-out-of-the-first-round-because-of-injury draft crushes are:

Tuitt & Verrett.
By the way, since I'm afraid this may be a throw-away season, most of my "draft crush" prospects are mostly guys I think have high ceilings & could be great long-term projects (like Core Lemonier IMO) rather than players who are really good right now like ODB, Fuller, Marcus Roberson, Lamarcus Joyner, etc. Although Verrett & Murphy will both be very good as rooks IMO.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Since07:
Mines either Justin Gilbert (Trade up) or Bradley Roby, even though Roby has character issues he has a 3.8 GPA and HarBaalke look for that.

Edit: Tuitt and that S Huff Im starting to crush on

football player gpa's are pretty meaningless if the player is majoring some psych or social science-related, head-scratching program like family studies etc.. there are lots of fake majors for athletes. i've seen this myself. i experienced jock morons with better gpa's than me who somehow showed up for class fewer times than i have fingers on one hand, yet get an a or b. frustrating. so, check to see if he's a pre-med major or a sports & society major.

• xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Now that Marqise Lee appears to be dropping to late-1st round status, he's my draft crush.

as an all-around player (mental, physical, behavioural), in any other draft, he's drafted in the teens--no question.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Not really a crush, but Nebraska QB Taylor Martinez might be interesting as a late 7th rounder or UDFA. Not as a QB, but as a WR conversion guy like Julian Edelman. Martinez is about 6',0", 210ish and ran 4.41-4.45 at his pro day. Might need a year on the practice squad, but probably worth a look.
he's the kind of udfa player that could actually be a productive, depth guy on the roster. #4 receiver and special teams stalwart.
1. Stephon Tuitt: ideal 3-4 DE - he's been my draft crush for 2 years
2. Donte Moncrief: raw, but great athlete and good size - underperformed because of his QB situation
3. Brandin Coleman: see above - he's not the athlete Moncrief is, but he has build up speed and looks pretty fluid for 6'6 - had awful QB's but I would be very happy if we got him in the late 3rd-4th round range
4. Bruce Ellington: 2 sport athlete who is much faster than his 40 time indicates based on his terrible 10 yard split. He could be our slot receiver and will be available much later than Cooks.
5. Jadeveon Clowney: I'm a fan. He's not a fit for the 49ers and will be taken in the top 3 picks, but I will watch whichever team drafts him.
Kelvin Benjamin, Jordan Mathews, Deion Buchannon, Dominique Easley
Jordan Matthews
Everytime I watched him play he was the best player on the field. Dominated against SEC competition and when you watch him catch and run, he rarely gets caught from behind.

Go NINERS!
Share 49ersWebzone