LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

Who's Your Draft Crush?

Every year i fall in love with way too many.

A few that are a bit under the radar and likely not on many peoples lists are:

Jalen Saunders
Gator Hoskins
Christian Bryant
Dakota Dozier

But i have crushes on a bunch of guys placed all throughout the draft and in all positions.

Bradley Roby
Jimmy Garoppolo
Jalen Saunders
Gator Hoskins
Brandin Cooks.
Davante Adams
Derek Carr
Christian Bryant
Dakota Dozier
Jeff Janis
Jason Verrett
Phillip Gaines
Walt Aikens
Weston Richburg
Vinnie Sunseri
Deone Bucannon
Sean Parker

Just to name a few.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Mar 5, 2014 at 10:59 AM ]
The thing about the WR's is Adams had great numbers, but they were inflated because of Fresno St's offense, he played in MWC that can't spell defense, let alone play any. Matthews is the all-time SEC receiving leader but in some draft profiles doesn't measure up to Adams and Moncrief. Still trying to figure that out. Moncrief has the size and speed, but not the body of work either Adams or Matthews has. Cooks has the speed, but is smallish. Hmm....
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
The thing about the WR's is Adams had great numbers, but they were inflated because of Fresno St's offense, he played in MWC that can't spell defense, let alone play any. Matthews is the all-time SEC receiving leader but in some draft profiles doesn't measure up to Adams and Moncrief. Still trying to figure that out. Moncrief has the size and speed, but not the body of work either Adams or Matthews has. Cooks has the speed, but is smallish. Hmm....

Adams barely began playing football as a Junior in High School. Kid has 4 years playing time under his belt...Period. At all levels. I dont care where he played, or who was throwing him the football, dude has balled out since he got to Fresno State. No one could stop him in the redzone. No one.

Adams is the real deal IMO. His ceiling is still sky high. A lot of people who are underestimating him will be surprised with what he does with his career in the NFL IMO. I personally believe his stats were less about system, and more about talent. He has a knack for going up and snagging the football.
At this point I have too many to name! This draft is faakin deep man
Not really a crush, but Nebraska QB Taylor Martinez might be interesting as a late 7th rounder or UDFA. Not as a QB, but as a WR conversion guy like Julian Edelman. Martinez is about 6',0", 210ish and ran 4.41-4.45 at his pro day. Might need a year on the practice squad, but probably worth a look.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Not really a crush, but Nebraska QB Taylor Martinez might be interesting as a late 7th rounder or UDFA. Not as a QB, but as a WR conversion guy like Julian Edelman. Martinez is about 6',0", 210ish and ran 4.41-4.45 at his pro day. Might need a year on the practice squad, but probably worth a look.

I watched his high light video yesterday and was wondering why more people weren't talking about him. It's to bad they don't make low light videos lol.
Christian Bryant sucks...

Ryan Shazier is 6'2" 235ish and jumped 42" and just run a 4.36... Freak. I know he's seen as a traditional WILL in a 4-3 scheme, but then again, so was Navorro Bowman.
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

I watched his high light video yesterday and was wondering why more people weren't talking about him. It's to bad they don't make low light videos lol.

LOL...yah, as a QB, he's tough to watch. But as a runner, he's pretty special.
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:

Ryan Shazier is 6'2" 235ish and jumped 42" and just run a 4.36... Freak. I know he's seen as a traditional WILL in a 4-3 scheme, but then again, so was Navorro Bowman.

Please explain your bolded opinion...

Ill be waiting patiently.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Mar 7, 2014 at 1:19 PM ]
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

He sucks... He's small, he doesn't make plays, he isn't a very good hitter... solid tackler, though. Not particularly fast or athletic. Some of the worst hands this side of Donte Whitner. He's a worse prospect and player than Kurt Coleman.

He sucks... He's small, he doesn't make plays, he isn't a very good hitter... solid tackler, though. Not particularly fast or athletic. Some of the worst hands this side of Donte Whitner. He's a worse prospect and player than Kurt Coleman.

LOL. I dont have time this second since im at work. But i will be back to argue this evening....
  • DeUh
  • Veteran

LOL. I dont have time this second since im at work. But i will be back to argue this evening....

[ Edited by DeUh on Mar 7, 2014 at 3:52 PM ]
Out of Our Range:
1.Watkins 2.Gilbert 3.Dennard 4.Clinton-Dix (no whitner, trade up) 5.Pryor (no whitner, trade up)

In Our Range 1st Rd:
1.Matthews 2.Verrett

2nd/3rd Rd:
1.Landry 2.Moncrief 3.Easley

Others I Like But Not a Crush:
Jimmy Garoppolo - Favorite QB Besides Bridgewater But Will Go A Round Too High For Us
Jared Abbrederis - Badger & A "Football Player"
Chris Borland - Badger, & A "Football Player"
Ricardo Allen - Would love to get in the mid to late rounds.
Lache Seastrunk - Intrigued by him more than anything with Charles like ability.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Out of Our Range:
1.Watkins 2.Gilbert 3.Dennard 4.Clinton-Dix (no whitner, trade up) 5.Pryor (no whitner, trade up)

In Our Range 1st Rd:
1.Matthews 2.Verrett

2nd/3rd Rd:

Jimmy Garoppolo - Favorite QB Besides Bridgewater But Will Go A Round Too High For Us
Lache Seastrunk - Intrigued by him more than anything with Charles like ability.

Nice he get mentioned ! One of my top draft crushes. Lattimore + Seastrunk would form a dangerous 1-2 punch. Too sad there is no way we can fit him on our roster at this point.

Lache Seastrunk highlights

[ Edited by DeUh on Mar 7, 2014 at 6:26 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Out of Our Range:

In Our Range 1st Rd:
1.Matthews 2.Verrett

2nd/3rd Rd:

Ah, yes, the white guys as the "football players". Truth be told, both Borland and Abbrederis are outstanding athletes.

If anything, Ricardo Allen is a "football player". Good call on him... forgot all about him. Tough ass kid... confidence through the roof and a really good athlete. Baby Antoine Winfield. Would love to add him to our roster.
Share 49ersWebzone