LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Jason Verrett-CB-TCU

Looks good in the footwork drills too. Let's make him and Cooks our first 2 picks!
Originally posted by Jbniner:
Looks good in the footwork drills too. Let's make him and Cooks our first 2 picks!

Unless the 49ers acquire another early first rounder, that's not going to happen. Cooks will be gone before the 49ers pick.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Unless the 49ers acquire another early first rounder, that's not going to happen. Cooks will be gone before the 49ers pick.

Agreed. A trade would be necessary.

1.) Re-sign Boldin
2.) Re-sign Whitner
3.) Take Verrett at #30
4.) Trade back up to the early 2nd and draft Moncrief

Verrett has the highest floor of any CB in the draft at this point IMO. His coverage skills are pretty much exactly what you'd want. Stays extremely close to his guy & breaks quickly on the ball. He'd be a great fit for a team who's already good. His ceiling isn't so high though at his size.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

1.) Re-sign Boldin
2.) Re-sign Whitner
3.) Take Verrett at #30

Then take Jimme Ward with our second 2nd? I think we'd all die of happiness at that point.
^^ I'm liking the idea of taking a raw safety prospect like Jerick McKinnon or a Brock Vereen a little later in the draft and letting them learn behind Whitner for a few years.
After watching the combine i am hoping we trade up for Gilbert instead of Verrett.
Gilbert has that size/speed combo that translates well into the NFL

At this point i just hope we can get a quality DB 1st round because the WR class is SO DEEP
I wouldn't mind Verrett...
I'm hoping we go

Gilbert
Cooks/Bryant
Gilbert's gonna be long gone at 30 IMO.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Anyone who dont want him because of his size is just out of his mind ! See for yourself !

Verrett 5-9
Vertical 39"

McGill 6-3
Vertical 39"

Our secondary gave up a lot of big plays at crucial times why not draft the corner with the best cover skills in the draft in Verrett. I don't care if hes small if he can cover and cover well i want him on this team.
  • buck
  • Veteran

1.) Re-sign Boldin
2.) Re-sign Whitner
3.) Take Verrett at #30
4.) Trade back up to the early 2nd and draft Moncrief .

Might be the right way to go.

1.) Re-sign Boldin
2.) Re-sign Whitner
3.) Take Verrett at #30

Originally posted by Quest4six:
After watching the combine i am hoping we trade up for Gilbert instead of Verrett.
Gilbert has that size/speed combo that translates well into the NFL

At this point i just hope we can get a quality DB 1st round because the WR class is SO DEEP
I wouldn't mind Verrett...
I'm hoping we go

Gilbert
Cooks/Bryant

Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Gilbert's gonna be long gone at 30 IMO.

Good as his cover skills are, he's definitely smallish. Would sure like him to be 190+ to avoid getting overpowered. He's also got short arms, probably not a guy Baalke would likely covet. Some alternatives: McGill (dude has 33 1/4 " arms and 10 1/4" hands, Fuller 5-11/6.0 @ 190+, Joyner (only 5-8 but a studly 195 lbs).
Share 49ersWebzone