LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

Jason Verrett-CB-TCU

Originally posted by jordanroberts88:
He's look pretty good tonight

He sure did.
Out for the year with partial ACL tear. Had it for the past 2 weeks and still balled out
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Out for the year with partial ACL tear. Had it for the past 2 weeks and still balled out

Wow

That sucks though

how do you tear your ACL and still play? crazy!!!
Good possibility he's a free agent next year after another season ending injury this year. Would take him in a heartbeat cause when healthy he's a top CB. And he's gotta be healthy one of these seasons
Let's move this to the free agency forum. Since there is no Jaire Alexander in this draft I'm gonna be going all in on an old draft crush.
Too small, sorry boys. We already have 2 nickle corners and he will want big money.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Too small, sorry boys. We already have 2 nickle corners and he will want big money.

Probably true. But he plays on the outside in a cover 3 has been injured for the past few seasons so probably won't get big money. Played against Alshon Jeffery and held his own. Shut down Antonio Brown. You miss every shot you don't take and if we completely look over him because he's 5'9" then that's a huge overlook.

Probably true. But he plays on the outside in a cover 3 has been injured for the past few seasons so probably won't get big money. Played against Alshon Jeffery and held his own. Shut down Antonio Brown. You miss every shot you don't take and if we completely look over him because he's 5'9" then that's a huge overlook.
Oh I agree with you, the man is really good, I'm a big TCU fan myself.

Oh I agree with you, the man is really good, I'm a big TCU fan myself.

Time to start hitting John Lynch up on Twitter!
You've got good taste, Hysterikal. I loved Verrett coming out as well lol.

If the Niners are smart, they'll be open-minded about their cornerback profile. Not every corner needs to be 6-3, especially if they want to do something more than play cover 3 next season. Verrett would be a good bargain-bin option.
Originally posted by Heroism:

If the Niners are smart, they'll be open-minded about their cornerback profile. Not every corner needs to be 6-3, especially if they want to do something more than play cover 3 next season. Verrett would be a good bargain-bin option.

I just don't understand the love for tall corners. Sure they're better at defending jump balls and we ideally (hardly ever do we get what we ideally want) play on a vertical axis. I get it I understand the thought process for it. Just taller corners usually don't have the change of direction to cover quick outs and will get roasted on double moves unless they have discipline like Sherman who still occasionally gets beat by a double moves. I'm all about making a QB make a precise high pass (if you watched the QB skill competition you'd see QBs aren't as ungodly accurate as we think) rather than giving the QB an open dig route cause our tall corners footwork looks like they are playing in sand.
Originally posted by Heroism:

I read somewhere that since 2015 verrett has only played 323 total snaps. Pass.
I just don't understand the love for tall corners. Sure they're better at defending jump balls and we ideally (hardly ever do we get what we ideally want) play on a vertical axis. I get it I understand the thought process for it. Just taller corners usually don't have the change of direction to cover quick outs and will get roasted on double moves unless they have discipline like Sherman who still occasionally gets beat by a double moves. I'm all about making a QB make a precise high pass (if you watched the QB skill competition you'd see QBs aren't as ungodly accurate as we think) rather than giving the QB an open dig route cause our tall corners footwork looks like they are playing in sand.

IMO it's always a give and take between size and speed (movement). A speedy DL might be unstoppable on turf, but their worst case scenario might be a power run game in wet weather. A longer defender can mess up, but might still be able to affect the throw if he sticks his arms out. A smaller defender needs to be more perfect and more skill means more $$$. I don't have a preference because the 49ers pass D needs help, be it pass rush or pricey DBs.
Share 49ersWebzone