There are 222 users in the forums

Jason Verrett-CB-TCU

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
I like verrett alot but as a slot corner I don't see it as a value pick in the 1st round also durability issues a concern

Disagree, quality slot corners are hard to find.
He is my favorite CB in this draft and perfect for what we need imo.
Comparing Tramaine Brock to Verrett is a flawed comparison because Brock was a UDFA not a first round pick.
Had the scariest thought ever..........Seattle drafting Verrett.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

It might happen i keep hearing reports the Niners want to move up in the draft Verrett will fall right into there lap.
Why would it be scary if Seattle drafted Verrett? Do you think he's going to do a better job on Crabtree and Boldin that the Seahawks corners have been doing thus far?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I have nightmares of them drafting Verrett in the 1st and Moncrief/Latimer in the 2nd. Verrett would be an ideal replacement for Thurmond and would make Seattle impossible to throw against.
Originally posted by Scoots:
Why would it be scary if Seattle drafted Verrett? Do you think he's going to do a better job on Crabtree and Boldin that the Seahawks corners have been doing thus far?

Their only real weakness has been against smaller, faster receivers. Verrett would take care of that situation, adding him to that secondary basically means saying goodbye to throwing the ball against them with any sort of consistency. Talk in Seattle is that they are interested in adding a slot corner as well as a big receiver on offense.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 30, 2014 at 12:14 PM ]
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:
I have nightmares of them drafting Verrett in the 1st and Moncrief/Latimer in the 2nd. Verrett would be an ideal replacement for Thurmond and would make Seattle impossible to throw against.

Lol Seatle drafting Moncrief is blessing for us. The guy has stone hands.

Verrett to the LOB would be a nightmare. Earl Thomas and Verrett flying all over the field. They could match him up with speedy, quick receivers like TY Hilton who have been a thorn in their side and fix the single weakness that secondary has shown.
[ Edited by sf_nicoya on Apr 30, 2014 at 12:18 PM ]
If Verrett to the LOB is such a nightmare THEN WHY DON'T WE DRAFT HIM??? !!!!! he would also fit perfectly in this D and we could use his skills. We need multiple corners i would make a trade get Verett for the slot and another corner on the outside,

• DeUh
  • Veteran
Still my overall favorite CB this year !

Pretty crazy how much muscles he put on this off season.

Trade up for Cooks, then trade right back up for Verrett.

Immediate contributors.
Originally posted by CWin4949:

Immediate contributors.

Dream scenario but Baalke wont do it cause it makes to much sense.
Originally posted by Raul98:

Immediate contributors.

Dream scenario but Baalke wont do it cause it makes to much sense.

Never know, they have the ammo to do it.

One thing for sure, I never remember a time the Niners had such a talented roster AND so many quality draft picks to be able to not hurt the roster by moving up for a player(s) that could make an immediate impact.

It's going to be fun to watch....

Immediate contributors.

Share 49ersWebzone