LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 143 users in the forums

2014 NFL Combine

• DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Well, yes and no. He's still starting from 6 inches lower, so his 39 inches is still 6 inches lower than McGill's 39 inches. Not making a judgement on who's better or the better fit, just doing the math.

His 10 yard split is also a lot faster than McGill's, meaning he can stick with those quicker slot receivers better which is what the 49ers really need.

This.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Well, yes and no. He's still starting from 6 inches lower, so his 39 inches is still 6 inches lower than McGill's 39 inches. Not making a judgement on who's better or the better fit, just doing the math.
what?!?! Da fuq you talking about?
Maybe this will help:

[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Feb 25, 2014 at 11:33 AM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
i'm officially on the Verrett bandwagon. don't give a crap that he's on the smaller side. dude is an absolute player.

It would make a ton on sense to draft him. Seattle's WRs aren't exactly huge.

I tend to think we should draft him, but I do not think we draft a cornerback based on the size of Seattle's receivers.

We play 16 games in a season. We play Seattle only twice.
Originally posted by buck:
i'm officially on the Verrett bandwagon. don't give a crap that he's on the smaller side. dude is an absolute player.

I tend to think we should draft him, but I do not think we draft a cornerback based on the size of Seattle's receivers.

Like last year, we'll probably play them 3 times a year, we only lost twice.

True, but it usually comes down to them/us (and they have the edge so far) so we do have to draft with them in mind. To ignore that dynamic isn't smart, IMO.
K Fuller please.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

True, but it usually comes down to them/us (and they have the edge so far) so we do have to draft with them in mind. To ignore that dynamic isn't smart, IMO.

But then we might end up in the predicament we found ourselves in back when Atlanta was in our division.
We drafted to beat mike Vick. Atlanta left the division and we where screwed against the physical teams we were paired with
The only downside of drafting Verrett is that putting him on the boundary against someone like Calvin Johnson, Demaryius Thomas, or Julio Jones would scare the hell out of me.
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:
The only downside of drafting Verrett is that putting him on the boundary against someone like Calvin Johnson, Demaryius Thomas, or Julio Jones would scare the hell out of me.

We still have Culliver and Brock though

You draft him to take over the role that Rogers has had, as the nickel cornerback. On the outside you have Culliver who is 6 feet and Brock, who while 5'10", is very physical and tough.
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

But then we might end up in the predicament we found ourselves in back when Atlanta was in our division.
We drafted to beat mike Vick. Atlanta left the division and we where screwed against the physical teams we were paired with

How likely is it that Seattle will be leaving the NFC west? And it doesn't mean you structure your entire team to match up with just one competitor, but you have to begin thinking about matchups....what talent can we add that matches up better here or there? That's primarily what I'm referring to.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Feb 25, 2014 at 12:20 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

We still have Culliver and Brock though

This and Culliver showed that he could guard CJ well, Julio was hit or miss and he usually won big with well thrown balls out of reach of everyone but him (see NFCCG TD in the corner of the end zone). Don't think we've played Denver in the regular season yet...
Bradley Roby with a 32" vertical............how does that make any sense at all?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Bradley Roby with a 32" vertical............how does that make any sense at all?

I would stay away from this guy and not because of the vertical. Too many red flags based on this past season.
Share 49ersWebzone