LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

Jarvis Landry-WR-LSU

Originally posted by shmuck:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Example #585 as to why people shouldn't put too much stock in Combine numbers-Landry is leading the NFL in kickoff return yardage and has been a solid contributor at WR for the Dolphins as well. 4.77 40 doesn't seem to be slowing him down all that much.

And Dri Archer got benched as well cuz he sucks at returns. Funny world...

When you've got it, you've got it.
Example #585 as to why people shouldn't put too much stock in Combine numbers-Landry is leading the NFL in kickoff return yardage and has been a solid contributor at WR for the Dolphins as well. 4.77 40 doesn't seem to be slowing him down all that much.

My boy, Jarvis

really wish he'd be donning the red/gold

Thanks for bringing this back to life...fun to read through and see the crazy anti Landry stuff. Where are they now? LOL.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
This is still one of the craziest catches Ive ever seen.

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Was really hoping we would draft him
[ Edited by jimrat on Nov 7, 2014 at 5:31 PM ]
Originally posted by DeUh:

Almost swollowed my tongue when I saw that catch! Just something out of the Fred Biletnikoff stickem playbook! But without the stickem! LOL!
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
he is who we thought he was...
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by DeUh:

GAWD DAMNIT. Quit showing that catch. Also, for the record, we smoked them this year. I agree, though. Loved this dude coming out of college. Could have been Bolden 2.0 for us.
it was pretty obvious to anyone with any sort of football cognizance that this guy was going to be a stud.

Originally posted by sf_nicoya:
I love this guy. He is one of my favorite wide receivers in the draft regardless of measurables or combine numbers. This guy is a flat out football player with amazing hands and natural toughness
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
IMO VPofCarnange is looking more like SanDiego49er, yes I'm calling it, my reason, well he's often here. Now all of a sudden I gave him a verbal warning and Mr. VPofCarnange pops in. lol

I'm done arguing with VP.

I assure you I'm not the person to whom you're referring. I've never posted here under a different name. I'm just a draft junkie.

Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
IMO VPofCarnange is looking more like SanDiego49er, yes I'm calling it, my reason, well he's often here. Now all of a sudden I gave him a verbal warning and Mr. VPofCarnange pops in. lol

I assure you I'm not the person to whom you're referring. I've never posted here under a different name. I'm just a draft junkie.

Yup that's what they all say, next thing you know I'm gonna have SanDiego come on here and also give me assurance. lol

Anyway back to Jarvis Landry.....

When you see it, you'll get it.

Originally posted by VPofCarnage:

Yup that's what they all say, next thing you know I'm gonna have SanDiego come on here and also give me assurance. lol

Anyway back to Jarvis Landry.....

If that's in reference to me changing my name from VPofCarnage to NinerSickness, I only did that after the hoopla exodus. I didn't want to reveal who I was before that (I was a mod' there). I've been posting as NinerSickness since 2000.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Dec 11, 2014 at 1:29 AM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Thanks for bringing this back to life...fun to read through and see the crazy anti Landry stuff. Where are they now? LOL.
this is a nice thread to determine who knows anything about football or any team sports and who doesn't
Yes, Landry has good hands. He's tough. He's a good route runner. But when considering every factor I can't see him getting drafted before the late 6th round. That isn't to say he can't eventually develop into a slot receiver with some team, but I don't like his chances when this is probably the deepest draft since 2010.

Does anyone forsee any Jarvis Landry type of players falling in the draft because of lack of speed?
Share 49ersWebzone