There are 190 users in the forums

Jarvis Landry-WR-LSU

Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Would be nice if you listed them. I'm always willing to learn.

*Slower than any WR (starting or no) currently in the NFL.
*Slow AND small
*The #2 WR in an offense with a #1 NFL caliber receiver opposite him to take away the attention
*Great college QB
*Atrocious vertical leap (which doesn't help when you're short)
*Below-average arm length (which doesn't help when you're short)
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Would be nice if you listed them. I'm always willing to learn.

*Slow AND small
*The #2 WR in an offense with a #1 NFL caliber receiver opposite him to take away the attention
*Great college QB
*Atrocious vertical leap (which doesn't help when you're short)
*Below-average arm length (which doesn't help when you're short)

Other than his being helped by another great receiver taking attention off him and having a good QB, the rest of your points are combine related. When I watch his videos he is often behind DBs, so while he's about the same speed Jerry Rice was, which is just too slow, he can still be somewhat effective in the NFL. By the way, we'd better call the HOF and tell them to remove Rice's bust! Just too slow! And he seldom, if ever, jumped up for the ball! What's up with that?

Short? I believe he is about average for a WR...6'1"...not 5'9" like Steve Smith, who certainly is too short to be worth a 2nd round draft pick! Which is why he went in the 3rd. All that pro bowl stuff...just a popularity contest.

This is not true and you've been told it is not true but continue to post it. He has a slower 40 time than receivers had coming into the league (and he only ran the 40 once and may have been injured, but I don't even think you believe that is the fastest 40 he can possibly run).

In no way, shape, or form does this mean that he's slower than every receiver in the league. Most veteran receivers are much slower than they were as rookies. I wouldn't be surprised if Landry is faster than Boldin is right now and he may have as good as or better hands.

I'm no fan of Landry and I don't think he should be drafted in the first 2 rounds, but you're just making stuff up and it's getting old.
Other than his being helped by another great receiver taking attention off him and having a good QB, the rest of your points are combine related. When I watch his videos he is often behind DBs, so while he's about the same speed Jerry Rice was, which is just too slow, he can still be somewhat effective in the NFL. By the way, we'd better call the HOF and tell them to remove Rice's bust! Just too slow! And he seldom, if ever, jumped up for the ball! What's up with that?

Short? I believe he is about average for a WR...6'1"...not 5'9" like Steve Smith, who certainly is too short to be worth a 2nd round draft pick! Which is why he went in the 3rd. All that pro bowl stuff...just a popularity contest.

Jarvis Landry can not cut, accelerate & extend like Jerry freeking Rice. And he is nowhere near as fast or tough as Steve Smith. If the guy had Rice's length & could cut anywhere near as well as Rice & were as fast & tough as Steve Smith we'd be pretty much be talking about Julio Jones or better.
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Mar 2, 2014 at 4:14 PM ]
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
I'm no fan of Landry and I don't think he should be drafted in the first 2 rounds, but you're just making stuff up and it's getting old.

If I knew you were going to split hairs I'd say he'd be the slowest ROOKIE wide receiver in the NFL in over a decade. That wouldn't be making things up.
LOL at VPof Carnage STILL posting about Landry.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

If I knew you were going to split hairs I'd say he'd be the slowest ROOKIE wide receiver in the NFL in over a decade. That wouldn't be making things up.

If we want to split hairs, Landry is not yet a NFL rookie.
Originally posted by buck:

an NFL rookie.

1 up. Hair split on molecular level.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
IMO VPofCarnange is looking more like SanDiego49er, yes I'm calling it, my reason, well he's often here. Now all of a sudden I gave him a verbal warning and Mr. VPofCarnange pops in. lol

I'm done arguing with VP.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
IMO VPofCarnange is looking more like SanDiego49er, yes I'm calling it, my reason, well he's often here. Now all of a sudden I gave him a verbal warning and Mr. VPofCarnange pops in. lol

I assure you I'm not the person to whom you're referring. I've never posted here under a different name. I'm just a draft junkie.
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Mar 2, 2014 at 4:49 PM ]

an NFL rookie.

It's actually A NFL rookie...split hairs or not. An precedes a vowel and N is not a vowel...last time I checked! I realize that saying the letter N sounds like it begins with an E but it doesn't...it starts and ends with a N.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Mar 2, 2014 at 4:57 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I assure you I'm not the person to whom you're referring. I've never posted here under a different name. I'm just a draft junkie.

Yup that's what they all say, next thing you know I'm gonna have SanDiego come on here and also give me assurance. lol

Anyway back to Jarvis Landry.....
Yup that's what they all say, next thing you know I'm gonna have SanDiego come on here and also give me assurance.

Couldn't you just look at my IP address? (please don't post it). I've never lived in San Diego.

I get that you disagree with my opinion about Landry (with surprising zeal honestly), but that's no reason to call me a liar.
  • buck
  • Veteran

an NFL rookie.

It's actually A NFL rookie...split hairs or not. An precedes a vowel and N is not a vowel...last time I checked! I realize that saying the letter N sounds like it begins with an E but it doesn't...it starts and ends with a N.

I will let you all work that out, but Landry is not a rookie in the NFL.

I know. I was just havin' a little fun 1-up'ing. But I did say "he'd" be - as in he would be (contingent statement).

As far as an NFL player VS a NFL player goes, my 2009 copy of Rules of Thumb (8th edition) says that words beginning in consonants whose first syllable is identical to a vowel uses "an." "NFL" has the same first syllable as "entire," and it would be appropriate to say "an entire cake."

That said, you all like Landry & I don't trust him unless he can show a vast improvement on his workout numbers. Pretty much all of you disagree. Ok. I can respect that. It wouldn't be the first time one guy held an unpopular view of a college prospect.

P.S. Kolohe I'm not that other guy. I'm a grown up. I don't get kicks from screwing with random people on the internet.
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Mar 2, 2014 at 6:47 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone