LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

Here me out we need to Draft a running back this year Marcus Lattimore is not the answer

if we had a truly game changing back like frank used to be we would be unstopable.. Lattimore! i do think our collective love for gore may keep him in for longer than is necessary tho. i still love Frank and its hard to take him off the field cuz of his many intangibles , would like to see him incorporated into the passing game more.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by cgoblin:
His production hasn't decreased go back last game 20 attempt for 66 yards , game before that one 13 attempt for 14 yards lol That's good right ?? Game before that one was ok 20 attempt for 97 yards Game before that on 20 attempt for 88 .. should I say more it's decreasing slowly but surely

You really need to just stop. Last week in a tough game in the cold Gore got 66 yards and a TD. The only game that wasnt good in this entire stretch was in a meaningless game against the best run defense in the league. If you watched that game at all you would understand that Adrian Peterson wouldnt have gotten any yards in that game.

Gore will begin a decline like all players do. He just hasnt yet.

Are you serious he hasn't decreased shut the heck up , he's not the only Frank gore that we know.. I guarantee if it wasn't for what he did back in the day he wouldn't start for any team just like Michael Turner and Steven jackson there a beast but there getting older and not producing. . We just don't have a strong running back other than gore , hunter and James are just fast that's all.. I yet seen gore create something out of nothing this year what ever he gets is just an open hole he don't make people miss he don't stiff arm any body he just lower his pads and go down
Gore is great between the tackles, but he is painfully slow. I think Hunter could outrush him given similar touches. That said, I don't think there's going to be a drop off without Gore, even if Lattimore never becomes a star. Lat is a grinder, like Gore. A healthy mix of Lat and Hunter is good enough to give us a top rushing attack.

No, we don't need to draft a RB early. It's one of the worst returns on investment in the draft, IMO.
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
if we had a truly game changing back like frank used to be we would be unstopable.. Lattimore! i do think our collective love for gore may keep him in for longer than is necessary tho. i still love Frank and its hard to take him off the field cuz of his many intangibles , would like to see him incorporated into the passing game more.

My f**king point exactly that's all I'm saying I love Frank but it's team for him to pass the torch he can still be on the team and mentor a young running back but it's about time you pass it that's all I'm saying and I don't see Lattimore doing he thing I want a lasean Mccoy type of player just imagine if we had a beast like him we would be unstable .. every body working about draft a wr but that's not what we really need people don't even be in the box cause they know if Frank gore do hit a good hole they can catch him so they just focus on our wr
His production hasn't decreased go back last game 20 attempt for 66 yards , game before that one 13 attempt for 14 yards lol That's good right ?? Game before that one was ok 20 attempt for 97 yards Game before that on 20 attempt for 88 .. should I say more it's decreasing slowly but surely

You really need to just stop. Last week in a tough game in the cold Gore got 66 yards and a TD. The only game that wasnt good in this entire stretch was in a meaningless game against the best run defense in the league. If you watched that game at all you would understand that Adrian Peterson wouldnt have gotten any yards in that game.

Are you serious he hasn't decreased shut the heck up , he's not the only Frank gore that we know.. I guarantee if it wasn't for what he did back in the day he wouldn't start for any team just like Michael Turner and Steven jackson there a beast but there getting older and not producing. . We just don't have a strong running back other than gore , hunter and James are just fast that's all.. I yet seen gore create something out of nothing this year what ever he gets is just an open hole he don't make people miss he don't stiff arm any body he just lower his pads and go down

Gore is a top 10 RB still in this league IMO. He would start on many teams. I bet NE would take him over Vereen and Blount, or whoever they start. Over Richardson on Colts, whoever Browns have. If this was a year ago, Gore would be a starter in GB had they not gotten Lacy.

Gore is still a top back. 66 yards on 20 carries is fine by me. He had a tough game in tough weather conditions. He had a good TD run, when we needed it. Didn't he have over 10 TDs this year, and If I'm correct, he got voted to the Pro Bowl AGAIN!!
Everyone knows Gore, Justin Smith is near the end of their career with the 49ers. If Joe, Lott, Craig and many others can be let go, so will these guys. It's the nature of the business. Football is a young man's sport.

But I'm not sure I agree with the OP about Lattimore. Can we at least see him play first before you make such a judgement call?
[ Edited by kronik on Jan 11, 2014 at 3:15 PM ]

Well, he is the only Frank Gore that I know.

I wish this forum ran on a reputation system so I could NEG you.
Originally posted by Muggins:
For some reason when I see cgoblin's name I think of cock goblin.

cock goblin
1) someone who gobbles the cock 2) a little goblin who resides in the underwear and at night snuggles with the cock.

this has me cracking up..lol
Won't happen and definitely not a need.
Originally posted by Muggins:
For some reason when I see cgoblin's name I think of cock goblin.

cock goblin
1) someone who gobbles the cock 2) a little goblin who resides in the underwear and at night snuggles with the cock.

This is the funniest post of the day!!!

There have been more good than bad reports about lattimore. you have no idea how he will perform.

Frank Gore when he was 24 years old............ 1102 yards gained 4.2 YPC
Frank Gore this year.. ................................. 1128 yards gained 4.1 YPC

Huge decline isnt it. You are clueless if you dont think Frank Gore would start for any team other than the Niners.
I still think we need to draft a RB that can punish the defense. Frank Gore is productive, but a lot of his yardage is him getting low and eluding tackles. Someone like Eddie Lacy or Lynch would be amazing
Originally posted by sspiker:
Fortunately, being the San Francisco GM requires being able to write coherently so I don't think anybody has to worry about you making drafting decisions anytime soon.

Thank God someone said it.
Originally posted by dhp318:
I still think we need to draft a RB that can punish the defense. Frank Gore is productive, but a lot of his yardage is him getting low and eluding tackles. Someone like Eddie Lacy or Lynch would be amazing

Enough said
Share 49ersWebzone