LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Logan Thomas-QB-Virginia Tech

He did not play well at all in the Senior Bowl and he may not want make the switch to TE. I would pass unless Thomas shows some significant improvement at his Pro Day workouts.
lmao this guy is crap.
  • Ruhl
  • Veteran
Apparently the words "crap" and "inconsistent" are interchangeable now. I'd be stoked to pick up Thomas if he's around on day 3. If someone can squeeze all of that potential out of him, he could be great. Its just a pretty big if.
Fastest QB in the 40. Possible late rounder for a bacKaep qb?
I am intrigued by this guy. He has a lot of tangibles and he moves really good for such a big guy. If he is around in the 6th or 7th and the 49er's draft him, I will be excited because that means Harbaugh thinks he can develop this guy into something. If anything, he comes in and performs well enough to trade him to some team for a few draft picks. The 49ers have done this with a few other QB's from what I remember, Grbac, Bono, ?. Who else are we going to draft with our four 7th round picks? :)
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
I am intrigued by this guy. He has a lot of tangibles and he moves really good for such a big guy. If he is around in the 6th or 7th and the 49er's draft him, I will be excited because that means Harbaugh thinks he can develop this guy into something. If anything, he comes in and performs well enough to trade him to some team for a few draft picks. The 49ers have done this with a few other QB's from what I remember, Grbac, Bono, ?. Who else are we going to draft with our four 7th round picks? :)

Drafted injured players and redshirt them for 2015.

I'd compare Thomas to MarQueis Gray. Very athletic, but not projected to play QB in the NFL. They will fizzle out faster than Tim Tebow after getting traded from the Broncos.

UDFA only.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:

Drafted injured players and redshirt them for 2015.

I'd compare Thomas to MarQueis Gray. Very athletic, but not projected to play QB in the NFL. They will fizzle out faster than Tim Tebow after getting traded from the Broncos.

UDFA only.
Logan Thomas is significantly bigger and faster and a better QB than Gray. 6'6" 250 4.6 36" vert 34.25 arm, 10 7/8" hands!
He has perfect TE type athleticism and size. Would be a great late pick to develop as an H-back / TE / 3rd QB.
Logan Thomas is a loser... leave this dude alone.

I remember when he was a freshman and he came in for one play when Tyrod Taylor got hurt. Forgot who they were playing but he made an amazing throw on 3rd and 28 I think. I predicted on a forum that if he put it all together he'd be a 1st rounder. Sure enough, a week later everyone is raving about him and jocking me.

Anyways, the dude never improved. He's an idiot and not that athletic, I don't care what his triangle numbers are.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Stephen Colvin ‏@Stephen_Colvin

Just ran into Jim Harbaugh at the Inn at Virginia Tech. Said he just had a great lunch with Kyle Fuller and Logan Thomas. #Hokies
I wouldn't mind the Niners taking a late round flier on him, but only to let him sit on the PS.

Originally posted by Jcool:
Stephen Colvin ‏@Stephen_Colvin

Just ran into Jim Harbaugh at the Inn at Virginia Tech. Said he just had a great lunch with Kyle Fuller and Logan Thomas. #Hokies

s**t just got real.
I wouldnt mind the niners grabbing him in the 7th round.. just see what JH could do with him
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
logan's going in the 4th or 5th rd.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
if you can really spin it, and have physical talent, but don't progress over time and show little mental acuity at causing real exploitation of defenses, then you are what you are--a qb without "it" factor, thus, a loser. investing in this guy will just cause heartache. draft mccarron instead and live with a good quality vanilla, rather than logan's earthquake ice cream sunday which gives you a stomach ache.
Hope the only guy were looking at is Kyle fuller, this guy is 6th-undrafted
Share 49ersWebzone