LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Kelvin Benjamin

Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2014/03/breaking-benjamin-baalke-attends-florida-state-pro-day.html

Or he's there to get a closer look at Lamarcus Joyner.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2014/03/breaking-benjamin-baalke-attends-florida-state-pro-day.html

Or Telvin Smith. Or Terrence Brooks. Or Christian Jones

Originally posted by DeUh:

Or Telvin Smith. Or Terrence Brooks. Or Christian Jones

This!
FSU fan here also and I would love to draft this kid and LaMarcus Joyner also. Joyner could play in the slot and is a great blitzer off the corner.
[ Edited by KettleBlack on Mar 19, 2014 at 10:22 AM ]
If we don't get him, I'm sure Seattle would. Having to defend Harvin and Benjamin would be a nightmare at least twice a year..

I'd just caution that Benjamin had one big season at FSU...look at his numbers for the last two seasons (below). That's not a lot to go on if you're considering drafting him. I get the size, leaping ability and all that...but it's all about consistent production in the NFL...and his resume's limited.
G Rec Yds Avg TD
2012 Florida State ACC SO WR 14 30 495 16.5 4 2 33 16.5 0 32 528 16.5 4

2013 Florida State ACC SO WR 14 54 1011 18.7 15 54 1011 18.7 15
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I'd just caution that Benjamin had one big season at FSU...look at his numbers for the last two seasons (below). That's not a lot to go on if you're considering drafting him. I get the size, leaping ability and all that...but it's all about consistent production in the NFL...and his resume's limited.
G Rec Yds Avg TD

Being a noles fan Benjamin always had the talent and showed flashes but never put it together until one of the greatest qbs at FSU when it's all said and done arrived last year. There were questions about his work ethic since he thought being bigger, stronger and faster in hs would allow him to dominate college but he matured and learned to put in work and it got him a break out year. Also when his qb was ej Manuel jimbo fisher never threw the ball as much as he did with Winston
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
G Rec Yds Avg TD

Being a noles fan Benjamin always had the talent and showed flashes but never put it together until one of the greatest qbs at FSU when it's all said and done arrived last year. There were questions about his work ethic since he thought being bigger, stronger and faster in hs would allow him to dominate college but he matured and learned to put in work and it got him a break out year. Also when his qb was ej Manuel jimbo fisher never threw the ball as much as he did with Winston

Nice notes there. My thoughts exactly on this cat
Benjamin will go early. We need CB's more

Thanks for the feedback. I don't know that Baalke will pull the trigger on him...he was there to watch his pro day, so who knows. My gut's saying he's more likely to go with a player who had more consistent production, like Matthews or Adams, but we'll see.
Very big fan of this guy. Just what we need for Sherman as well.
Remember Vernon Davis?
YR Rec Yds TDs
2003 5 59 0
2004 27 441 3
2005 51 871 6

And he had stone hands n not very good route running skills. His first year here he flashed what he is now, but, man, that was a tough year. I believe that KB can follow the same growth and development path as did Vernon plus he wouldn't have the attitude issues that Vernon had. I can see the huge upside the analysts speak of for myself. He's a natural at plucking the rock at it's highest point. With some coaching and seasoning, he can be that #1 we've dreamed about...

But hey, he's only my draft crush.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Remember Vernon Davis?
YR Rec Yds TDs
2003 5 59 0
2004 27 441 3
2005 51 871 6

And he had stone hands n not very good route running skills. His first year here he flashed what he is now, but, man, that was a tough year. I believe that KB can follow the same growth and development path as did Vernon plus he wouldn't have the attitude issues that Vernon had. I can see the huge upside the analysts speak of for myself. He's a natural at plucking the rock at it's highest point. With some coaching and seasoning, he can be that #1 we've dreamed about...

But hey, he's only my draft crush.

Vernon never had a qb at Maryland and till this day they don't have a qb LOL! At that time if Vernon went to USC dude would've set records
Well Don't like Benjamin but if the coaches want him then I trust them. His size is intriguing. I just don't know how he's going to beat the press of Sherman when he couldn't beat the press of Chris Davis in the NCG. That's really want we should be drafting. A WR with the skillset to beat Seattles secondary. Either way with Boldin and Crab soaking up coverage Benjamin would be in a good position to build a rapport with Kaep early on.
Share 49ersWebzone