There are 178 users in the forums

Kelvin Benjamin

Originally posted by xcfan:
it's known that he doesn't have high-achiever want-to. combine that with the fact that he's already at the wr weight ceiling, and you have a guy likely to be 260+ in the offseason as he ages. you can't pick that in the first round. he either busts or grows up. too risky.

He can be Mike Williams or Alshon Jeffrey
  • pfizz
or jamarcus russell
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erguy:

totally. honestly, i bet most people on here thought jeffery wouldn't pull it together. he surprised me.
even listening to kelvin talk during interviews you can tell he's still a boy. total crap shoot if he every becomes a mature pro.
Originally posted by xcfan:
Originally posted by 9erguy:

totally. honestly, i bet most people on here thought jeffery wouldn't pull it together. he surprised me.
even listening to kelvin talk during interviews you can tell he's still a boy. total crap shoot if he every becomes a mature pro.
Best thing to happen to Jeffery was being drafted to the Bears with Brandon Marshall. Let's not forget, Jeffery didn't have a great rookie year (24 catches, 367, 3 TDs). Marshall made him come down and train with him in FL, get his nutrition right, his training right cause he saw potential in him. We don't know if Jeffery would have blown up like he did had he not gotten the guidance from Brandon Marshall.
This dude is destained to be a tight end. Can you imagine this guy in like a Delaine Walker like role for us. But don't draft him we'll just grab him when he's released in a few years then convert him to tight end.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Brandt: Benjamin cancelled NFL coach workout

FSU WR Kelvin Benjamin "blew off" a workout with an NFL coach who made a "special trip" for the visit, according to NFL.com's Gil Brandt.

Per Brandt, Benjamin said he was "too tired." We aren't sure if the specified coach was a head or positional coach, but this is not positive buzz.

Benjamin was slow to develop during his time at FSU and broke out on the scene during his 23 year-old redshirt sophomore season. He still had lapses in concentration, which led to a drop rate over nine percent.

Source: Gil Brandt on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/31062/brandt-benjamin-cancelled-nfl-coach-workout
This guys a gm's nightmare. You'd have to be a gambler to spend a high pick on him. He could grow up and slim down, or he could end up a JaMarcus Russel sized bust. I personally hope we steer clear of him completely.
I bet he run a 4.4 at full speed he jus doesn't have acceleration
Originally posted by Since07:
I bet he run a 4.4 at full speed he jus doesn't have acceleration

With a running start, a lot of players can run sub-4.0. 4.4 would be a horrible time for someone running at full speed. His 10 yard split at the combine was 1.66 and he ran a 4.61 40 so his last 30 yards took roughly 2.95 seconds. That's better than a 4 second 40 pace and he probably was not at top speed at the 10 yard mark. Ellington had the fastest final 30 yards of any of the receivers (not counting Archer as a receiver).
Originally posted by buck:
Brandt: Benjamin cancelled NFL coach workout

FSU WR Kelvin Benjamin "blew off" a workout with an NFL coach who made a "special trip" for the visit, according to NFL.com's Gil Brandt.

Per Brandt, Benjamin said he was "too tired." We aren't sure if the specified coach was a head or positional coach, but this is not positive buzz.

Benjamin was slow to develop during his time at FSU and broke out on the scene during his 23 year-old redshirt sophomore season. He still had lapses in concentration, which led to a drop rate over nine percent.

Source: Gil Brandt on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/31062/brandt-benjamin-cancelled-nfl-coach-workout

Not helping himself. I've had doubts about him for awhile, the least of him being a 23 year old college sophomore which makes me wonder what special level of potato he is.

Dudes a bust
Please do not draft him
If he's there in the 5th rounds, then I'd think about it
Here is an interesting story about his interaction with Colin:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/benjamin-gets-support-kaepernick-during-49ers-visit

I don't read too much into it. It's going to be Baalkes decision at the end of the day
Originally posted by jordanroberts88:
Here is an interesting story about his interaction with Colin:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/benjamin-gets-support-kaepernick-during-49ers-visit

I don't read too much into it. It's going to be Baalkes decision at the end of the day

As long its in the 2nd round I wouldn't mind
I re-watched his highlight film after the Colin story. This was my mindset. Watch it like I've never heard anything about him. Truth is... He was beating most coverages, Clemson, BC. He runs good routes, gives a good target...has quick hands and snatches the ball from the air and has seemingly good body control for his height. I think he has a good chance. A good QB will make him a great receiver.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
This guy might even be better...
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/texas-high-school-wide-receiver-recruit-throws-hail-mary-touchdown-%E2%80%94-to-himself-181204706.html
Share 49ersWebzone