LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 302 users in the forums

Donte Moncrief-WR-Ole Miss

Have been up and down about this guy since last season, but the more I see, the more I can see him transitioning to being a very good pro. I'm amazed at how low he's flying under the radar right now, although that may not last if he has more 150 yard receiving games like he did today. He brings the full package to the table, has terrific size at 6'2", comes in around 220 pounds, a long strider that gets downfield in a hurry, fights for passes in the air, uses surprising quickness and assorted moves to get separation from defensive backs, can fight through press coverage, very experienced guy who has been inconsistent this season although a big part of that itself I think is related to the inconsistency that Ole Miss has had at QB. His route running needs work, Ole Miss hasn't asked to do very much in that regard, he also has a tendency to catch passes into his body but overall, he looks like an outstanding prospect and a dynamic guy to add to Crabtree, Patton and Baldwin.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000278646/article/ole-miss-wr-donte-moncrief-slices-up-arkansas-defense
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 9, 2013 at 7:17 PM ]
I agree but I'm torned bw him, Beckham Jr and Mike Evans
Originally posted by Atl49er:

I think Moncrief could be the most "complete" receiver that would be available to the 49ers in the draft. He has height, speed, agility, quickness, he needs to improve as a route runner and Miss has limited the various types of routes that he runs but he has shown tremendous ability at getting separation on defensive backs.
i've watched a couple games and the guy can definitely take over a game, but i remember reading somewhere that he might end up being another Juron Criner.
What round do you guys anticipate he'd be taken?
I dont know why, but everytime i see this guys name i think of Mcgruff the crime dog. Have no idea why.

I'm hoping he stays under the radar and is an early 3rd round pick of ours. However, he apparently runs a 4.4 40 and somene who is 6'3'' 220 doing that is pretty freaky. He may fall to early 2nd if he does that. This is all assuming he declares for the draft.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Atl49er:

I think Moncrief could be the most "complete" receiver that would be available to the 49ers in the draft. He has height, speed, agility, quickness, he needs to improve as a route runner and Miss has limited the various types of routes that he runs but he has shown tremendous ability at getting separation on defensive backs.

All of those attributes sound like ones we need doesn't it . I am intrigued by him, but I am having a hard time pinning down a range for him. I know there is a lot of time left in the draft process, but still. Does anyone think he can rise to the point of a late one ?
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
All of those attributes sound like ones we need doesn't it . I am intrigued by him, but I am having a hard time pinning down a range for him. I know there is a lot of time left in the draft process, but still. Does anyone think he can rise to the point of a late one ?

I have him going anywhere from early 2nd to mid 3rd right now.
He looked great in the Music City Bowl, had a good game, still waiting to see if he comes out.

^ yeah, I wasn't sure about this guy, but must say, he impressed me enough in the recent game. Looks like a solid 2nd rd option... not at all sure how fast he truly is.
Draft both him and Beckham in the 2nd and Justin Gilbert in the first.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
^ yeah, I wasn't sure about this guy, but must say, he impressed me enough in the recent game. Looks like a solid 2nd rd option... not at all sure how fast he truly is.

I'd guess about 4.45 to 4.55, somewhere in there, not a burner but does possess the ability to beat you deep and has a killer double step.
Overrated AJ Jenkins 2.0
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

I'd guess about 4.45 to 4.55, somewhere in there, not a burner but does possess the ability to beat you deep and has a killer double step.

cool!

I feel... wrong... to be getting so pumped for the draft stuff already when our team is just getting to the playoffs... but man, I can't help it. Really looking forward to all the draft hoopla leading up to May.
Share 49ersWebzone