LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 183 users in the forums

Sammy Watkins-WR-Clemson

Originally posted by tohara3:
Not sure. You can see him limping around all game, but has still been able to hit top gear when needed. They have commented a few times about it but no official word on exactly when or what he did to it.

Thanks. I didn't hear anything but saw him limping. No news is good news I guess.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
What is the knee issue? Hope he isn't doing more damage just to show up nationally! Though being tough in a bowl game shows character and helps with draft position. If he was a top ten before tonight...what now? Top five?

Not sure. You can see him limping around all game, but has still been able to hit top gear when needed. They have commented a few times about it but no official word on exactly when or what he did to it.

Just tweaked it while trying to throw a block...didn't look serious.
He'll be swooped up early
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
He'll be swooped up early

Top 10 pick according to scouts
Yes. This years first and next years first for Watkins.
Worth a top 10 doing that to OSU's secondary. Damn that kid can ball. Just caught everything thrown his way.
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Worth a top 10 doing that to OSU's secondary. Damn that kid can ball. Just caught everything thrown his way.

While I agree he is worth a top 10 pick (1st WR off the board), being a buckeye fan, I can't say doing that against the buckeyes secondary is anything special, with Fickle as our DC, its 10 yrds off the WR every time, and only 2 DB's have NFL potential, and 1 has been injured most of the year haha.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:

If that is ALL a team wanted, I'd do it. If we have a solid backup to Kaep we should be okay no matter what happens in 2014. We'd have a dynamic receiver and if he looks good enough as a rookie, we would be in position where we could afford to let Michael Crabtree.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by theninermaniac:

If that is ALL a team wanted, I'd do it. If we have a solid backup to Kaep we should be okay no matter what happens in 2014. We'd have a dynamic receiver and if he looks good enough as a rookie, we would be in position where we could afford to let Michael Crabtree.

We would have to give up this year's 1st, next year's 1st, at least a 2nd rounder this year and 2 more mid-round picks like Atlanta did in 2011 when they moved from #27 into the 6th spot to get Julio Jones.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I dont think the Rams would take Watkins over Clowney if Bridgewater goes first to Houston. Clowney, Quinn, and Long would be an absolute terror of a pass rush.

This + they already have Austin.

I think they'd definitely take Watkins over Clowney. Unless they convert Clowney or Quinn to OLB. One of those three wouldn't be on the field every down. Watkins and Austin could be among the best WR duo's in the league and both would be on the field together most of the game.
I don't think the Rams would take Bridgewater either. They'd trade down, take the top OT, or Watkins.

Originally posted by jeremy300:
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:

While I agree he is worth a top 10 pick (1st WR off the board), being a buckeye fan, I can't say doing that against the buckeyes secondary is anything special, with Fickle as our DC, its 10 yrds off the WR every time, and only 2 DB's have NFL potential, and 1 has been injured most of the year haha.

OSU or not Watkins has balled out since his 1st game as a freshman, being a noles fan and watching ACC play he's been legit since day 1.
While I would not mind Watkins, it is not Baalke's modus operandi to make a big trade like that. Especially when we will have a lot holes to fill after this season ends and not to mention the future. Baalke will move up like he did for Reid, but not much more than that. Also, last year the Cowboys dropped the ball and we milked them cheap for that move up. To make the jump after the night he had will cost an arm and the leg. While that would be a big splash move, Baalke intends to keep the team competative not only for the future but cap wise.

I also like his partner Bryant (?). Huge target and good focus and hands. Only thing is his off field issues from the year before according to announcers.
Yeah he 'll be gone for sure. Still, if we let go of bold in..we should put all our eggs in this basket.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I dont think the Rams would take Watkins over Clowney if Bridgewater goes first to Houston. Clowney, Quinn, and Long would be an absolute terror of a pass rush.

This + they already have Austin.

I think they'd definitely take Watkins over Clowney. Unless they convert Clowney or Quinn to OLB. One of those three wouldn't be on the field every down. Watkins and Austin could be among the best WR duo's in the league and both would be on the field together most of the game.
I don't think the Rams would take Bridgewater either. They'd trade down, take the top OT, or Watkins.

Rams wil be drafting an offensive linemen , or a defensive back. For sure.
Boldin, Crabs, and Watkins. Can do that for a year or two, just gotta pray Boldin and Crabs resign.
Share 49ersWebzone