LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 317 users in the forums

Sammy Watkins-WR-Clemson

Watkins putting on a show tonight on a sore right knee. Over 220+ yards with over 8 minutes to go still.
What is the knee issue? Hope he isn't doing more damage just to show up nationally! Though being tough in a bowl game shows character and helps with draft position. If he was a top ten before tonight...what now? Top five?
Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for xela510.
We need to pull a Julio Jones trade for one of these WR's tbh. Preferably Watkins.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
What is the knee issue? Hope he isn't doing more damage just to show up nationally! Though being tough in a bowl game shows character and helps with draft position. If he was a top ten before tonight...what now? Top five?

Not sure. You can see him limping around all game, but has still been able to hit top gear when needed. They have commented a few times about it but no official word on exactly when or what he did to it.
His game speed is insane, routes have shown some improvement. He's a STUD.
Originally posted by xela510:
We need to pull a Julio Jones trade for one of these WR's tbh. Preferably Watkins.

Watkins would be the only WR worthy of that type of trade. I like Lee a lot but only if he drops past 20.
He can QB too
He can QB too

Not based on that throw.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Watkins putting on a show tonight on a sore right knee. Over 220+ yards with over 8 minutes to go still.

If I had to describe him in one word, it would be electric. Hopefully he declares for the draft after the game. This year, we have the ammo to go get someone like him. But if we do get him, I doubt we resign Boldin.
[ Edited by kronik on Jan 3, 2014 at 9:07 PM ]
He's a game breaker like Harvin was with an unreal first step. He's not big but certainly not undersized like Austin was either. Watkins could be a top 3 pick. The Rams have a lot of needs...if they take him I'll be pissed.

Ugh, I was hoping he'd suck tonight so maybe, just maybe if possible his draft stock would slip outside the top 10, we'd trade up and come out like bandits, but of course Sammy being Sammy, he just has to go beast mode solidifying his top 10 (maybe top 5?) draft status.

This. Kid. Is. Amazing. Whoever gets him will be a lucky ass team.
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Jan 3, 2014 at 9:12 PM ]
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
He's a game breaker like Harvin was with an unreal first step. He's not big but certainly not undersized like Austin was either. Watkins could be a top 3 pick. The Rams have a lot of needs...if they take him I'll be pissed.

I dont think the Rams would take Watkins over Clowney if Bridgewater goes first to Houston. Clowney, Quinn, and Long would be an absolute terror of a pass rush.

I'm usually against those mega trades but in this case involving Watkins I'd be all for it.
Yeah I don't think so either. Watt & Clowney would be sweet to watch but you don't pass on a potential franchise QB. Long is solid, Quinn is a stud though. I'd rather play against Clowney than Watkins, given our OL compared to our secondary.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I dont think the Rams would take Watkins over Clowney if Bridgewater goes first to Houston. Clowney, Quinn, and Long would be an absolute terror of a pass rush.

This + they already have Austin.
Share 49ersWebzone