LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

Odell Beckham Jr-WR-LSU

I like Moncrief as well, but OBJ3 is still the superior choice, IMHO. I don't think KC passes him up at #23, so we would have to jump ahead, is my guess.
If both OBJ & Cooks are still there when we pick i rather have Beckam Jr. We need a big body WR And even though OBJ isnt a giant compare to Cooks he still bigger and i see more upside in his game in the long run over Cooks.
I'm leaning towards Odell & Moncrief now (prior was Jordan Matthews) if we can get them both.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
New video of one of my favorite players this year.

Walterfootball.com's Charlie Campbell has the Niners picking LSU WR's Odell Beckham in the first and Jarvis Landry at #56.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DeUh:
New video of one of my favorite players this year.

highlight vids are all about the edit. you could do a video with a player's bottom 20 plays and he'd look undraftable. this vid makes beckham look top-10. imo, any player vid should show a player's gameplay in true proportion. remember the kick-ass vids of rashawn woods?
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by xcfan:

highlight vids are all about the edit. you could do a video with a player's bottom 20 plays and he'd look undraftable. this vid makes beckham look top-10. imo, any player vid should show a player's gameplay in true proportion. remember the kick-ass vids of rashawn woods?

True. But I dont think that anyone in the scouting world is questioning Beckhams playmaking ability. So we can just enjoy his best plays in a video like this.

On a side note I think it is not a stretch to say that he will be taken in the 10-20 range this year and in other years could be taken even a little higher. So your feeling of watching a top 10 talent is not that far off.
[ Edited by DeUh on Mar 25, 2014 at 6:13 PM ]

His play-by-play reels are available on YouTube and they are as impressive as anybody's.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
where's he get drafted? maybe a bit more athletically talented than hopkins (2013), less talented than patterson (2013); both not early picks. more talented than blackman (2012), early pick. maclin was #19. him and maclin are similar talents, so maybe he's in the 15-25 range. beckham's raw, athletic numbers probably get him picked earlier than his gameday resume warrants. looks like we'll have to move up for beckham.

where's he get drafted? maybe a bit more athletically talented than hopkins (2013), less talented than patterson (2013); both not early picks. more talented than blackman (2012), early pick. maclin was #19. him and maclin are similar talents, so maybe he's in the 15-25 range. beckham's raw, athletic numbers probably get him picked earlier than his gameday resume warrants. looks like we'll have to move up for beckham.

Beckham is way more athletically talented than Hopkins who is really just a possession receiver. I don't know if he is less talented than Patterson - he is not quite as big or explosive, but may be more agile and has longer arms and bigger hands. The biggest knock on Patterson was that he was extremely raw coming out of college and Beckham is a much better route runner and probably has better hands. Beckham is a better athlete than Maclin too. I'm not sure why you're knocking his gameday resume - Beckham had over 1100 yards against reasonable competition and looked pretty good as a route runner with good hands. He didn't get the targets of someone like Jordan Matthews (or Brandin Cooks I would assume) and didn't have a first round QB throwing him the ball like Evans or Benjamin.

Originally posted by BrianGO:

His play-by-play reels are available on YouTube and they are as impressive as anybody's.

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/odell-beckham-jr/
We need an explosive playmaker. I want this guy and Justin Gilbert or Jason Verrett. Can we do it?
  • pfizz
OBjr and jason verrett?
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mmezzetta:
We need an explosive playmaker. I want this guy and Justin Gilbert or Jason Verrett. Can we do it?

Nope.
I know we won't get Gilbert, but trust me, he can become like Patrick Peterson. Best CB draftee in years. Anyway, like pfizz shows, having Verrett and Beckham would be amazing! Finally some speed and explosiveness on both sides of the ball. I have a feeling it will be one or the other.
Share 49ersWebzone