LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Odell Beckham Jr-WR-LSU

Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
Yeah I agree completely. My point wasn't that we will pick him necessarily just that he is a guy we are probably quite interested in. He attacks the ball really well and is good in space. He probably gets some time returning as well so definitely adds some versatility.

What makes you think our beat writers are getting any inside scoop? We're obviously interested in this guy considering he's a very talented receiver and we're in the market for a receiver with his skillsets.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
Yeah I agree completely. My point wasn't that we will pick him necessarily just that he is a guy we are probably quite interested in. He attacks the ball really well and is good in space. He probably gets some time returning as well so definitely adds some versatility.

What makes you think our beat writers are getting any inside scoop? We're obviously interested in this guy considering he's a very talented receiver and we're in the market for a receiver with his skillsets.

Where did I say they have an inside scoop? Simply put they are closer to the team than any of us. They know who we have brought in for meetings and how long we have spent with them. They are probably in a better position than we are to make these kinds of predictions. They both have us moving up and while many of us expect this the fact that they have both predicted this probably indicates a greater likelihood of it occurring. I didn't say this guy was a lock for our selection but clearly both of our beat guys think that he is a player worth moving up for. A million things happen on draft day which will alter the decisions a team makes. I was just noting that it's interesting that our two best beat guys both have us moving up into a similar range to select the same guy. I don't think that is all that common.
If he's there at 30 sure, but I wouldn't trade up for dude.
Yeah, I'm not sure he is a #1 once Boldin and potentially Crabs leave. Then you hear rumors about the Jets wanting to move up to grab the guy and he's one of those guys who has risen a lot in the months leading up to the draft. To be frank, not that many of the truly elite WRs in the league measure in at under 6 feet and under 200 pounds.

Looking at the Pro Bowl rosters from the last couple of years you have some "smaller" guys like Desean, Cruz and Antonio Brown. He has better measurables than most of them but I don't think he's the burner that Desean is in pads...looking at that list I wouldn't be unhappy moving up to the mid teens for any of those guys but there's a huge difference between what he is projected to become and what he will become in the NFL.
Originally posted by ads_2006:

why not? why wouldn't you trade up for him?
Does this guy have an extra gear to break away from defenses? When watching him on kickoffs, I expect him to kick it up and burst through when there's daylight, but I'm disappointed. I know he ran a fast 40, but I don't see breakaway speed in the "tape." I do see suddeness and explosiveness though
He's as good as ours
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ads_2006:

No chance Beckham will be there at #30, he'll be gone within the top 15. And I really don't like to say "No chance", cause anything can happen in the draft, but it seems like a lot of teams in the top 15 have been rumored to have strong interest in him. 9ers will definitely have to trade up to land Beckham. I think Beckham is the next best thing next to Sammy Watkins and not Mike Evans.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Does anyone else remember this ?

Dane Brugler

Npv 9, 2013 Give me Landry, more reliable hands, more physical presence. Just doesnt have Beckhams return skills. Beckham might be more of a home run threat but Jarvis Landry is the better NFL player IMO.

Dane Brugler is CBS Sports Draft Analyst and writes most of their scouting reports.
[ Edited by DeUh on Dec 22, 2014 at 4:21 PM ]
Originally posted by DeUh:
Anyone remember Dan Bruglers tweets last year ?

Dane Brugler

Npv 9, 2013 Give me Landry, more reliable hands, more physical presence. Just doesnt have Beckhams return skills. Beckham might be more of a home run threat but Jarvis Landry is the better NFL player IMO.

Dane Brugler is CBS Sports Draft Expert and writes most of their scouting reports.
Landry isn't having a bad year (79 catches, 703 yards, and 5 TDs) while averaging 28.2 yards on kick returns and 8.2 yards per kick return. All while he was knocked for being "to slow" by most pre-draft. OBJ also has been targeted 9.9 times a game, while Landry only 6.9, so Landry gets fewer opportunities, yet is still making the most of it. I'd take both OBJ or Landry in a heartbeat. So I'm not sure what your point is, if you're trying to knock Landry or not.

• DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Travisty13:

Dane Brugler

Dane Brugler is CBS Sports Draft Expert and writes most of their scouting reports.
Landry isn't having a bad year (79 catches, 703 yards, and 5 TDs) while averaging 28.2 yards on kick returns and 8.2 yards per kick return. All while he was knocked for being "to slow" by most pre-draft. OBJ also has been targeted 9.9 times a game, while Landry only 6.9, so Landry gets fewer opportunities, yet is still making the most of it. I'd take both OBJ or Landry in a heartbeat. So I'm not sure what your point is, if you're trying to knock Landry or not.

Lol no HUGE FAN of Jarvis Landy.

Had a discussion with Brugler last year who called Beckaham Jr out for his hands and this was one of his tweets I just saw again.
[ Edited by DeUh on Dec 22, 2014 at 4:50 PM ]
Originally posted by Travisty13:

Dane Brugler

Lol no HUGE FAN of Jarvis Landy.

Had a discussion with Brugler last year who called Beckaham Jr out for his hands and this was one of his tweets I just saw again.

His hands? Those were one of my favorite attributes of his lol
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
His hands? Those were one of my favorite attributes of his lol

Yes. I praised his hands on twitter and he thought it would be funny to respond with "while he does make some remarkable catches I´m not sure if he´ll be able to keep it up once in the NFL" or some nonsense like that and posted this tweet afterwards.

Whatever. Feel free to move on. A friend of mine just saw this again and I couldnt resist.
[ Edited by DeUh on Dec 22, 2014 at 5:19 PM ]
this dudes already a top 10 WR
Originally posted by IT21:
this dudes already a top 10 WR

He'd be inactive on game days if he played for us
Share 49ersWebzone