LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 223 users in the forums

Paul Richardson Jr-WR-Colorado

Missed all of the 2012 season with a torn ACL, came back this season, has been tearing it up, has had two 200 yard receiving games thus far, looks as fast as ever and he's someone who would make for a nice deep threat to take the top off a defense. He was a high school teammate of Robert Woods and Marqise Lee. Has very good straightline speed, a guy who has been a big playmaker throughout his entire time at CU. If he comes out for the draft in 2014, he'd make for a very interesting prospect to look at from the early 2nd round to the early 3rd round. He's added size to his frame, is roughly about the same height as Torrey Smith and a similar kind of athlete.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 4, 2013 at 2:37 PM ]
Thanks. You're giving me a lot of guys/teams to keep an eye on. I hope this is the direction we go in first with receiver. I don't understand the obsession with big bodied guys. We have enough at the moment. We need some speed outside. It's a blessing and a curse to have the fastest guy on the field be your tight end.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Missed all of the 2012 season with a torn ACL, came back this season, has been tearing it up, has had two 200 yard receiving games thus far, looks as fast as ever and he's someone who would make for a nice deep threat to take the top off a defense. He was a high school teammate of Robert Woods and Marqise Lee. Has very good straightline speed, a guy who has been a big playmaker throughout his entire time at CU. If he comes out for the draft in 2014, he'd make for a very interesting prospect to look at from the early 2nd round to the early 3rd round. He's added size to his frame, is roughly about the same height as Torrey Smith and a similar kind of athlete.

didnt woods go to hs in california, and lee in florida?
richardson went to ucla and was kicked off the team, so i think there may be some character concerns
Originally posted by hofer36:
richardson went to ucla and was kicked off the team, so i think there may be some character concerns

Serra High School has produced several outstanding wide receivers over the ... Colorado's Paul Richardson and the USC trio of Robert Woods, Marqise Lee and George Farmrer.

Conner Preston vividly remembers the pages in his pregame notes that contained the screen pass diagrams. When he'd prep with his offense before each game, he wrote reminders in block letters for all to see. Preston, now a redshirt freshman quarterback at SMU, used to be the quarterback for Junipero Serra (Calif.) High. In his two years as a starter, his targets included current USC receivers Robert Woods and Marqise Lee (as well as fellow Trojan George Farmer and Colorado's Paul Richardson)

That high school had a better receiving corps than some NFL teams.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 5, 2013 at 1:01 PM ]

Serra High School has produced several outstanding wide receivers over the ... Colorado's Paul Richardson and the USC trio of Robert Woods, Marqise Lee and George Farmrer.

Conner Preston vividly remembers the pages in his pregame notes that contained the screen pass diagrams. When he'd prep with his offense before each game, he wrote reminders in block letters for all to see. Preston, now a redshirt freshman quarterback at SMU, used to be the quarterback for Junipero Serra (Calif.) High. In his two years as a starter, his targets included current USC receivers Robert Woods and Marqise Lee (as well as fellow Trojan George Farmer and Colorado's Paul Richardson)

That high school had a better receiving corps than some NFL teams.

that's Tom Brady's HS, if I'm correct (same as Barry Bonds') in San Mateo.
Wow that guy as some strong legs. Looked 1cut and got to speed in 4 strides
He's the best thing to happen to CU football in a long time. He's got a ton of potential.
I'm guessing 2nd-3rd round. He's got the talent, but he'll be knocked for having a thin, weak frame
Originally posted by strickac:
I'm guessing 2nd-3rd round. He's got the talent, but he'll be knocked for having a thin, weak frame

Sounds like AJ Jenkins.....
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by strickac:

Sounds like AJ Jenkins.....

No, he's better than that

No thank you, last thing we need is another scrawny midget WR. Special teams tops for this guy
CU got stomped by Oregon but Richardson was like UPS, he delivered. Had 130+ yards receiving and threw for a 70+ yard touchdown.
CU got stomped by Oregon but Richardson was like UPS, he delivered. Had 130+ yards receiving and threw for a 70+ yard touchdown.

his 1 handed catch made the highlights of espn et al

his 1 handed catch made the highlights of espn et al

yeah that was an incredible catch
Should have had another 40+ receiving, but dropped the pass.
Share 49ersWebzone