LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 435 users in the forums

Phoenix49ers 2014 Mock Draft V1.0

sucks....the first 3 picks aren't WR's
Originally posted by Gore_21:
You following him around making the same post over and over is getting old. Get over yourself. So the guy was wrong about a prospect, everyone including guys who get paid big bucks to scout these guys and the gm who draft them are wrong a lot too. And seeing as how you just joined a few weeks ago yet are talking about something from April you are either a lurker or you are an existing member who is pissed off at him probably because he owned you at one point. Meanwhile the rest of us enjoy his posts because he is one of the most knowledgeable posters on here even though he, like the rest of us, is wrong at times.

Edit: Ok now I get it. The Bucs staph infection thread that totally went off topic is where it started. He picked on your colloidal silver so you went through all his posts for countless hours and found out he liked Rogers and now you're going to keep calling him out on it to get back at him.

Yea. It clearly seems like he's pissed about something. The internet is one of the hardest places to get revenge on a person. Without the context to justify your actions you just look like a random raving lunatic.
[ Edited by eonblue on Oct 15, 2013 at 3:02 PM ]
lulz

49ers wont take a cal/stanford guy in the draft
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
lulz

49ers wont take a cal/stanford guy in the draft
Yeah I don't think we've drafted a Cal Bear since we took Andre Carter in 2001. lol

or anyone from Stanford since Kwame.
Originally posted by 49ersMVP:
Phoenix49ers this the guy who badly wanted the 49ers to draft in the upper rounds Da'Rick Rogers who went undrafted??????

Sorry bro can't take your picks seriously.

/thread

Wow, I guess I must have really hurt your feelings for you to be following me around from thread to thread like this.

I don't have access to NFL team interviews, psych profiles or background investigations, all I can go by is what I see in the actual games. Rogers is a guy who has phenomenal talent, good enough that even after he went undrafted, multiple teams gave him a whirl, but there's no way that someone sitting on the outside looking in could predict just how deep his mental issues and other assorted problems went. It is something that is simply unknown, the talent is clearly there, the physical ability is clearly there but when it comes to a guy not having his mind right or having some serious mental issues, I can only speculate from where I'm sitting, I know Rogers was troubled, I just think his issues ran a lot deeper than I or many others who aren't privy to the inside evaluations of these players knew.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Phoenix49ers this the guy who badly wanted the 49ers to draft in the upper rounds Da'Rick Rogers who went undrafted??????

Sorry bro can't take your picks seriously.

/thread

Wow, I guess I must have really hurt your feelings for you to be following me around from thread to thread like this.

I don't have access to NFL team interviews, psych profiles or background investigations, all I can go by is what I see in the actual games. Rogers is a guy who has phenomenal talent, good enough that even after he went undrafted, multiple teams gave him a whirl, but there's no way that someone sitting on the outside looking in could predict just how deep his mental issues and other assorted problems went. It is something that is simply unknown, the talent is clearly there, the physical ability is clearly there but when it comes to a guy not having his mind right or having some serious mental issues, I can only speculate from where I'm sitting, I know Rogers was troubled, I just think his issues ran a lot deeper than I or many others who aren't privy to the inside evaluations of these players knew.

Don't sweat it Phoenix. I like the draft, wouldn't mind it if it happened this way. Some just hate for no reason. I liked Rogers, so I guess I was an idiot too. I had him high coming into the draft, was wrong on him. Oh well.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Don't sweat it Phoenix. I like the draft, wouldn't mind it if it happened this way. Some just hate for no reason. I liked Rogers, so I guess I was an idiot too. I had him high coming into the draft, was wrong on him. Oh well.

Exactly. Oh well. I think half of the point of these draft forums is arguing your case for a prospect. I dont think its as easy as right and wrong. Too many variable for it to be that simple.

So dont explain yourself, Phoenix. Da'rick was a stud woth head problems, and the league is very fickle when it comea to those. Im surprised hes not on the Steelers yet.
Another thing, those 1st 5 picks would be dynamic.

Reynolds at FS or SS would work.
Gilbert at CB would be awesome
Hal at CB awesome too
Beckham jr at WR is a great pick
Jones at NT would be awesome, love his motor.
I like Thomas for depth on the O-Line.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Exactly. Oh well. I think half of the point of these draft forums is arguing your case for a prospect. I dont think its as easy as right and wrong. Too many variable for it to be that simple.

So dont explain yourself, Phoenix. Da'rick was a stud woth head problems, and the league is very fickle when it comea to those. Im surprised hes not on the Steelers yet.

This ^^^ Most people on this board probably dont know as much about scouting players as scouts and supposed experts do. I never claim to be an expert, but it's fun to scout players, and I do it for my site, so its fun. Never should have to explain yourself. Especially on a frigging message board.
Still too early for a mock, in my opinion. I always wait til November for the mock premiere. Anyways, as for this mock, I'll only say this:

Bold prediction right now is.. I do not think DaQuan Jones reaches anywhere near the 3rd round come draft time. I expect his stock to fly at least to the 2nd.

Originally posted by jreff22:

What's even funnier is Phoenix49ers has a few people here who actually believe he knows what he's talking about when it comes to player evaluations!!!!!! LMAO
I liked it. I would like a QB earlier and think we need to look for a real swing tackle in the 3rd-5th range.
I'm really not trying to be a dick, Phoenix, but the first defensive series against Utah Reynolds misses 3 tackles that lead to an additional 40 yards. He gave up half the drives yardage, and the TD. He doesn't even wrap up. I think it may have gotten into his head because I know that they teach better form at Stanford, and he was not wrapping up on purpose. I would've benched him.
[ Edited by eonblue on Oct 15, 2013 at 10:38 PM ]

What's even funnier is Phoenix49ers has a few people here who actually believe he knows what he's talking about when it comes to player evaluations!!!!!! LMAO

Dude, GTFO, stop trolling. We dont need your kind. Phoenix knows a lot about evaluations, as do many here. I suppose you know better?

We aren't taking 3 WRs in the 1st 3 picks Justin. Boldin will be back, and Mario possibly. 1-2 at most IMO, and spread around the draft board.
Share 49ersWebzone