LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

KC Chiefs Season Win Total

mmmm, all of the draft picks pls
hoping they do some damage with alex in the playoff. It's nice to see him lead a new team to the playoffs. He could go far.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
hoping they do some damage with alex in the playoff. It's nice to see him lead a new team to the playoffs. He could go far.

Was thinking this too, but have been losing faith in their defense and the receiver quality. Next season should be the year they go deep into the postseason. Must get a quality FS and WR addition.
Is this just about the wins or the draft pick? In terms of their wins, I don't know what's happened to them, but if the defense that caused them to go 8-0 shows up in the playoffs and the offense of the last few weeks (the Colts game notwithstanding), they should be able to do some damage in the playoffs.

As for that second round pick, it's trade ammo now lol.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Is this just about the wins or the draft pick? In terms of their wins, I don't know what's happened to them, but if the defense that caused them to go 8-0 shows up in the playoffs and the offense of the last few weeks (the Colts game notwithstanding), they should be able to do some damage in the playoffs.

Yep. Move back again a turn it into a future first round pick. Gotta keep stocking picks. NE has just done a poor job of drafting. Besides gronk they haven't done that well in round 2-7 which is where great GMs make their money except Ozzie who just never misses in the first round. That guy is brilliant.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

We could bundle it with another pick to move up higher in the second.

Or we could just use it. Or we could use it for a pick next year.

One thing that I do know is that I have not been very good at predicting what Baalke will do.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
You really bought into the chargers after the eeked out a win over the Colts???

I could see the Chiefs only losing to the Broncos and Colts.

Rivers is notoriously erratic and the Chiefs have a much better defense than the Colts do. All the Chargers had to do was neutralize Mathis to keep Rivers upright, the chiefs have a far more dynamic front 7 and an insanely better secondary when compared to the colts.

The toughest game in the next 3 weeks is the Texans and they are playing a QB who may be mentally broken in Schaub or the cult hero backup QB Yates.

As long as they contain just one of Clevelands threats in Gordon or Cameron they win that game.

The Bills.....If EJ Manuel is playing he'll be on a rickety knee, or it'll be Thad Lewis or Matt Flynn

Chiefs will be 9-0 unless the royally screw up

9-1 with the Broncos

Chargers is a toss up but I think they split the meetings and win this at home

10-2 with the second loss to the Broncos

Redskins. RG3 is still inconsistent and I could easily see the Chiefs D completely stopping him BUT lets say they loss and are 10-3

Raiders.....11-3

Home game against the Colts, toss up...if they get pressure on Luck they will win but lets say they loss...11-4

They loss to the Chargers to end the season....11-5

Chiefs will be at least a 10 win team. If the football gods wish it they could win 13 even 14 games and only loss to Denver....

If they lose today they will be 11-5.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
They finish the season 12-4.
So we got them at 11 - 5. If they exit the playoff quickly like the 1st game one and done that would help our draft pick out. If they do lose we are picking about where in the 2nd round?

Btw I think they are capable of winning or losing that 1st playoff game.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
So we got them at 11 - 5. If they exit the playoff quickly like the 1st game one and done that would help our draft pick out. If they do lose we are picking about where in the 2nd round?

I think in the 53-56 pick range if they lose in the first round.

Originally posted by sfout:

I think in the 53-56 pick range if they lose in the first round.

I guess that's better than 64. LOL. We have so many picks. I think take a 2 + 4 or something and move up higher in the 2nd maybe. Get a better pick. Or deal a 1 + 3 to get higher in the 1st round. I think we should move up for an impact player. We aren't going to fit 13 draft picks onto this roster. And moving up for quality and not quantity sure worked out like Gold with Eric Reid. That's the way to go IMO.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
I guess that's better than 64. LOL. We have so many picks. I think take a 2 + 4 or something and move up higher in the 2nd maybe. Get a better pick. Or deal a 1 + 3 to get higher in the 1st round. I think we should move up for an impact player. We aren't going to fit 13 draft picks onto this roster. And moving up for quality and not quantity sure worked out like Gold with Eric Reid. That's the way to go IMO.

I know right. It isn't that much of a move up but I'll take it.

I was talking with a friend today and I think the FO almost has to re-sign Boldin because of his chemistry and veteran presence but than does that make Whitner expendable because of our cap situation? I think the FO picks between them and then IMO they have to trade up and take the best SS or WR within reason.

WR because whether people admit it or not our top 2 WRs get 90%+ of the targets. I can't imagine anybody else coming in and not having a significant drop off in production.

SS because I think Reid has benefited greatly from Whitner's leadership and without him we would have to compensate for the loss of Whitner's intangibles with the raw talent and skill of a top prospect.

I'm with you though, trade our first and a 3rd to move up in the first for a player, then stand pat with both our second rounders and take a CB and whichever one of the WR/SS choices we didn't take in the 1st.
[ Edited by sfout on Dec 29, 2013 at 6:22 PM ]
Do we know which pick we have from KC?
Originally posted by ironmanbravo:
Do we know which pick we have from KC?

The 55th or 56th pick. KC is tied with Cincy and picks earlier in the 1st (23rd and 24th picks) which may mean they pick after Cincy in the 2nd (our pick). I think that is how it works. But others more knowledgeable in the draft rules will know better than I.
Think it is 48th.
Share 49ersWebzone