Week 1 Watch List(Webzone Thread)

Week 2 Watch List(Webzone Thread)

Week 3 Watch List(Webzone Thread)

Week 4 Watch List(Webzone Thread)

Week 5 Watch List(Webzone Thread)

Week 6 Watch List(Webzone Thread)

Week 7 Watch List(Webzone Thread)

Week 8 Watch List(Webzone Thread)

I will also be doing a watch list for each week, most likely mid week. I will usually select 5-10 key games, and go from there.
[ Edited by AB81Rules on Oct 18, 2013 at 3:19 PM ]
marcus mariota my fav
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Check out some video of Brett Smith from Wyoming, he is one of the best college quarterbacks in the nation. As a student in Laramie I see him as a top tier backup in the NFL. He has a lot of fire similar to Shaun Hill with probably a little more physical talent. With a smart coach he could be a very successful starter similar to Alex Smith.
Red could really surprise peolpe, ton o talent. Reminds me of Gore.
Stephen Morris is out of your top 10? I've seen him listed as a possible first rounder.
Originally posted by mkary12:
Stephen Morris is out of your top 10? I've seen him listed as a possible first rounder.

Haven't gotten around to looking at every prospect. Look forward to seeing him play. Heard good things. I dont wanna depend on hearing something to rate or rank a player I rather see with my own eyes.
What is the draft supposed to be strong in this year?
IMO, OLB, DT, DE, WR, CB, and S are deepest. And OT is top heavy. QB also. ILB has good players, but only a few top round guys. The best is Mosley. He can play Outside or Inside backer. RB seems a little low, I want to see some clips of the kid from Baylor, Seastrunk I think his name is. Also OT Cameron Erving from FSU.

My top 5 I haven't looked at are in no order.

QB Stephen Morris
OT Cameron Erving
RB Leache Seastrunk
TEs Eric Ebron and Colt Lyrela

Those seem to have potential for 1st round quality. Much deeper draft then 2013.
Also OTs Zack Martin(ND), Morgan Moses(Virginia) and Senatrell Henderson(U of Miami). Henderson apparently isn't the RT starter this year. Read it on Rotoworld, may be something different. Just saw the headline.
Really getting tired of drafting OL but looks like we will be doing it yet again. Maybe it's time we draft better players so we get the backup spots resolved. No more 6th and 7th round garbage players.

Updated the rankings. Watched some tape/clips on Morris, Erving, and Henderson. I think I will expand them to like top 10s as I go along.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Really getting tired of drafting OL but looks like we will be doing it yet again. Maybe it's time we draft better players so we get the backup spots resolved. No more 6th and 7th round garbage players.

I agree. No more garbage, Kilgore is the exception, he looked good at Center. Looney seems ok. But Person, Bykowski, seem like garbage.

I was hoping Luke Marquardt was healthy, he would be our swing OL IMO. Would be primary backup OT.
Originally posted by jreff22:
What is the draft supposed to be strong in this year?

Everything. Its looking to be a badass draft, great draft to have a farkload of draft picks in.
Christian Jones stock will depend on FSUs new D. From everything that I've been hearing, you may see his stock soar.

I'm a huge huge fan of Timmy J from FSU. He is just downright mean.
Originally posted by drake49er:
Christian Jones stock will depend on FSUs new D. From everything that I've been hearing, you may see his stock soar.

I'm a huge huge fan of Timmy J from FSU. He is just downright mean.

Timmy J huh? A ton of talent, but I actually think he's rated a bit too high at this point.
Share 49ersWebzone