LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 226 users in the forums

***Johnny Manziel thread***

Let's see... What should I do tonight? Go out drinking with easy college groupies or go to some hotel & sign my autograph 4,000 times with no compensation because I'm just that nice of a guy?

...Hand me the sharpie!
He reminds me of a 1950's juvenile delinquent.
I was really impressed by this guy. Now I want him to make the NFL just to get his head knocked off.
Left a camp early
tweeted that he hates parking tickets
gets kicked out of frat party at rival school
signs free autographs

sounds like a real thug
I really hate the NCAA. They punished PSU without following their general guidelines for what was really not a NCAA issue and then this kid gets 1/2 of a game?
Originally posted by theginz2004:
I really hate the NCAA. They punished PSU without following their general guidelines for what was really not a NCAA issue and then this kid gets 1/2 of a game?

I see the point you're making and it is valid, but I don't think the two things are really in the same ballpark are they?
Originally posted by bigmur49:

I see the point you're making and it is valid, but I don't think the two things are really in the same ballpark are they?

No the two issues are completely different. The atrocities at Penn State do not remotely compare to this kid getting paid for signing autographs. I am only comparing how the NCAA handled both situations. IMO PSU was a legal and moral issue, not an NCAA violation. I don't want to turn this into a PSU debate thread, but I am just pointing out the inconsistencies within the NCAA.
No the two issues are completely different. The atrocities at Penn State do not remotely compare to this kid getting paid for signing autographs. I am only comparing how the NCAA handled both situations. IMO PSU was a legal and moral issue, not an NCAA violation. I don't want to turn this into a PSU debate thread, but I am just pointing out the inconsistencies within the NCAA.

Preaching to the choir my friend
Soooo Manziel really is an a*****e.
They over analyze this guy big time. Every year the media focuses on one person or story and just pounds it into the ground. They love to beat a dead horse. It's ratings and a story so they just gotta keep it going. Way too much over analysis going on with this guy.

Originally posted by RishikeshA:

lol good s**t
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

White T-Shirt, cigs rolled up to the shoulder, black biker jacket slung over the other shoulder, pegged levies, bike boots..."Go Johnny, Go!"
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Left a camp early
tweeted that he hates parking tickets
gets kicked out of frat party at rival school
signs free autographs

sounds like a real thug

Asked to leave the most prestigious Quarterbacking Camp in the nation because he was too busy having fun than working with kids.

The Parking Ticket thing is a meh.

That he went to another school's Frat Party is just begging for attention (as is half the s**t he does).

It is only a matter of time before it comes out that he did get paid for those autographs, I suspect sometime conveniently for him and A&M.

Define Thug. In this sense it sounds like a guy that already thought he was great, who happened already to come from money, that wins the Heisman, which solidifies him as the best in his sport, that likes the fame and adoration that comes with it, and who is going to end up needing it to maintain a level of happiness.

I would also add, he is now ESPN's darling. Even announcers on ESPN are talking about that fact. One other thing, the 1950s pop culture image of Johnny is spot the f**k on.
Originally posted by fropwns:
Asked to leave the most prestigious Quarterbacking Camp in the nation because he was too busy having fun than working with kids.

The Parking Ticket thing is a meh.

That he went to another school's Frat Party is just begging for attention (as is half the s**t he does).

It is only a matter of time before it comes out that he did get paid for those autographs, I suspect sometime conveniently for him and A&M.

Define Thug. In this sense it sounds like a guy that already thought he was great, who happened already to come from money, that wins the Heisman, which solidifies him as the best in his sport, that likes the fame and adoration that comes with it, and who is going to end up needing it to maintain a level of happiness.

I would also add, he is now ESPN's darling. Even announcers on ESPN are talking about that fact. One other thing, the 1950s pop culture image of Johnny is spot the f**k on.

Thug is a person that partakes in thuggish activities. Drugs, weapons, and violence. That's a thug.

I'm not going to lie. I was very disappointed in Manziel. He made an ass of himself, his supporters, and most of all TAM. He's not a thug though. He's just an arrogant prick which seems to be more of a crime then drugs, weapons, and violence.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Thug is a person that partakes in thuggish activities. Drugs, weapons, and violence. That's a thug.

I'm not going to lie. I was very disappointed in Manziel. He made an ass of himself, his supporters, and most of all TAM. He's not a thug though. He's just an arrogant prick which seems to be more of a crime then drugs, weapons, and violence.

There are plenty of stories about his thugishness, but I really don't care what you label the guy, the fact that his family is now concerned about his drinking and welfare says it all. They raised him to be the way he is and now are concerned...go figure.
Share 49ersWebzone