LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

***Johnny Manziel thread***

Originally posted by eonblue:
You heard? Like from the grapevine?

I don't want to call it anything. I don't even think it deserves a word. He's an entitled brat. The world is filled with many of those especially in the country we live in. People act like he's a murderer, drug dealer who is selling guns to Mexico.

And it is your right to refrain from labeling him. The guy is a very sad case and I stated before I don't care what anyone calls him...or not call him.

All footballs players push their weight around. Man do you seriously think these guys are the model of selflessness? Manziel is not the oddity. Noooo siiirrr. He's the rule not the exception.

LOL...just watch the guys press conferences! When he says, "I'm young..." as an excuse for his mistakes he is saying a lot. What I hear is "I refuse to take responsibility for any of my incredibly stupid actions." And if you want to say every football player is as dumb and acts as stupidly as "Johnny Football" that's your right. I think many of them are pretty good guys, though, and bright.
Yea. I'm sure he just pulled the ball signing gesture out of his ass. Completely on him.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

WTF is that lol. Who's #2

So a player couldn't keep his cool after they were teasing him....f**kin waaaah.

Like I said f**k Johnny Manziel lets move on.

Tell you one thing, who would you rather have BJ Daniels or Johnny Manziel. Haha!!
Yea. I'm sure he just pulled the ball signing gesture out of his ass. Completely on him.

He may be the best player in college football...and can't take a little ribbing? Really? Has he avoided all negativity in his life? Is he that fragile?

Kind of reminds me a bit of Romo...all the physical talent in the world but the head? Not so much.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Sep 1, 2013 at 11:37 AM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
And it is your right to refrain from labeling him. The guy is a very sad case and I stated before I don't care what anyone calls him...or not call him.

LOL...just watch the guys press conferences! When he says, "I'm young..." as an excuse for his mistakes he is saying a lot. What I hear is "I refuse to take responsibility for any of my incredibly stupid actions." And if you want to say every football player is as dumb and acts as stupidly as "Johnny Football" that's your right. I think many of them are pretty good guys, though, and bright.

Whoah. I said nothing about intelligence. I didn't make any general statement about football players acting stupidly. I said NFL athletes are not the model of selflessness. There's nothing wrong with that. It's competitive a sport. You have to act like the best if you want to be the best unless your just a freak athlete that can fart and make a play. It's intimidation and everyone does it because it works.
GOD I hope the Jets draft this kid
Johnny manziel>>>>>>>bj Daniels

And here's more proff
http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=9620691&src=desktop
In the video you clearly see the defender in the field after manziel made a play, walk up to him doing the signature motion

Whoah. I said nothing about intelligence. I didn't make any general statement about football players acting stupidly. I said NFL athletes are not the model of selflessness. There's nothing wrong with that. It's competitive a sport. You have to act like the best if you want to be the best unless your just a freak athlete that can fart and make a play. It's intimidation and everyone does it because it works.

My mistake, but my objection is to your labeling all football players to support Manziel's idiotic behavior. And this is the last thing I'll say on this issue--I really like the guys talent on the field, but he is being really self destructive off the field. If he just kept a low profile he might go down as a double Heisman Winner and the best player in a long time. All his off field actions are bringing his over all worth into question and so hurting his draft status and future earnings. I'm sure his family and others have tried to guide him but he seems extremely resistant to emotional growth.
Manziel is #2
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Johnny manziel>>>>>>>bj Daniels

And here's more proff
http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=9620691&src=desktop
In the video you clearly see the defender in the field after manziel made a play, walk up to him doing the signature motion

BJ Daniels work ethic and attitude, not to mention arm-strength>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Johnny Manziel.

Originally posted by Kolohe:

So a player couldn't keep his cool after they were teasing him....f**kin waaaah.

Tell you one thing, who would you rather have BJ Daniels or Johnny Manziel. Haha!!

That's Manziel jersey number. The MOB is what they called the band at Rice.

I probably would've acted cocky too if an entire team was calling me out.

Honestly he won so I guess the jokes on them. It's not like Manziel gives a s**t about his image anyway.
He may be the best player in college football...and can't take a little ribbing? Really? Has he avoided all negativity in his life? Is he that fragile?

Kind of reminds me a bit of Romo...all the physical talent in the world but the head? Not so much.

Dude ESPN has been drilling this dude for 2 years. His every moved is watched and scrutinized by people who only want to see the negative. Yea I guess he's fragile because media meltdowns definitely don't happen 5 times a year.

And hey Romos going to have a good year.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Here's mine:

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Honestly he won so I guess the jokes on them. It's not like Manziel gives a s**t about his image anyway.

Dude ESPN has been drilling this dude for 2 years. His every moved is watched and scrutinized by people who only want to see the negative. Yea I guess he's fragile because media meltdowns definitely don't happen 5 times a year.

I know who's frickin Jersey that is, man sarcasm is hard on the internets.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Why you ask.....cause hes a frickin Heisman Trophy winner, ESPN drills important players all the time or they make him a sweetheart i.e. Tim Tebow. In Manziels case...well you know the rest.
Here's mine:

"we did some guys harassing him in the first half. signing autographs and stuff".
Share 49ersWebzone