LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 210 users in the forums

Wide Receiver Class of 2014

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Calvin Johnson...grand total...had like 40 yards receiving against Seattle....he sure showed them.

I legit have no clue wtf that guy was talking about...I'm sure it was some kind of shot at Kap tho.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Calvin Johnson...grand total...had like 40 yards receiving against Seattle....he sure showed them.
He certainly did
Please... No... Not the "draft another receiver with the 1st round pick talk." I cant take it!!! We need a slot receiver with speed also. They are great for a team. But, back to the point: We can get a receiver in the 2nd-4th round. I actually think Quinton Patton will be pretty good (hey Cap, that's the receiver to your left who was wide open and begging for the ball as you threw the killer INT, SMH). I'm still bitter!!! Still love my QB, though. I dont have a selection for the draft spot, although I'm so against receiver. We have drafted our best receivers after the 3rd round. There are good ones out there, but we seemed focused on the big schools. Lets take a chance on a 3rd rounder from a small college. Please!!! No more !st round WR. I will just die
We need an IMPACT player No matter what position is drafted in the 1st round. the 2012 Draft is really haunting us right now. Could have and should have had DE Kendall Reyes or WR Alshon Jeffrey.
  • buck
  • Veteran
We need another wide receiver thread like we need another hole in the head.

Should be in draft section not niner talk.

[ Edited by buck on Jan 29, 2014 at 7:31 PM ]
If we bring Boldin back. WR isnt much of a need.

1 Boldin
2 Crabtree
3 Patton
4 Baldwin

is pretty good depth. Plus Osgoos on ST and Wylie fighting Chuck Jacobs for the last spot

Or even bring back Hawkins or Mario. Point is WR isnt a need if Boldin returns.
[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Jan 29, 2014 at 6:01 PM ]
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
We need an IMPACT player No matter what position is drafted in the 1st round. the 2012 Draft is really haunting us right now. Could have and should have had DE Kendall Reyes or WR Alshon Jeffrey.

if my gm passed on drafting reyes, i'd have fired him.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Originally posted by buck:
Peshek: WR Metrics 2.0

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/46136/349/peshek-wr-metrics-20

Interesting read. It raises some questions about Jordan Matthews, my favorite receiver in this class.

Both of those articles are great reads. Be interested to see percentage of double teams on passes and drops as well as catches in traffic. Mike Evans and Beckham stick out to me in each of their groups.

I found the first of the two articles that you mentioned at bit difficult to find in the thread. And I was the one who posted the link to it.

If anyone is interested in reading them both, here are the links to them.

Peshek: Top 4 WR Metrics
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/46006/349/peshek-top-4-wr-metrics

good reading.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

1 Boldin
2 Crabtree
3 Patton
4 Baldwin

is pretty good depth. Plus Osgoos on ST and Wylie fighting Chuck Jacobs for the last spot

id still draft two receivers with one of them being hella early. baldwin will be cut to make more room under the cap and we still need more depth and receivers to groom for when boldin retires/moves on. why not address the receiver position when its our only obvious bottleneck for our offense? we were so limited in what we could do this year with crabs out, i never want to see that happen again
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

1 Boldin
2 Crabtree
3 Patton
4 Baldwin

i had high hopes for jon b, but i doubt he will be on the team next year. the team really needs a upgrade or shot in the arm or fresh blood or whatever you want to call it, either through the draft or a good free agent, not someone like marlon moore

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

1 Boldin
2 Crabtree
3 Patton
4 Baldwin

id still draft two receivers with one of them being hella early. baldwin will be cut to make more room under the cap and we still need more depth and receivers to groom for when boldin retires/moves on. why not address the receiver position when its our only obvious bottleneck for our offense? we were so limited in what we could do this year with crabs out, i never want to see that happen again
you know someone will also f**king get hurt

1 Boldin
2 Crabtree
3 Patton
4 Baldwin

*We need a big speed receiver*

1. I would let Boldin walk...He is pretty much Crabtree 2.0
2. This offense goes as Crabtree goes; must keep him healthy and resign him.
3. Develop Patton further throw him the ball more.
4. I thought Baldwin would do something.
5. Bye Manningham and Hawkins
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
*We need a big speed receiver*

1. I would let Boldin walk...He is pretty much Crabtree 2.0
2. This offense goes as Crabtree goes; must keep him healthy and resign him.
3. Develop Patton further throw him the ball more.
4. I thought Baldwin would do something.
5. Bye Manningham and Hawkins
bullet point number 4 is a eternal mystery to me
Originally posted by buck:

Interesting read. It raises some questions about Jordan Matthews, my favorite receiver in this class.
Crabtree gained a good chunk of his yards after the catch at Texas Tech on WR screens. Safe to say that YAC ability translated fine in the NFL.
[ Edited by SFrush on Jan 29, 2014 at 10:19 PM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

1 Boldin
2 Crabtree
3 Patton
4 Baldwin

you know someone will also f**king get hurt

exactly. not picking atleast two receivers with speed in this draft would be stupid in my opinion
Share 49ersWebzone