LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 158 users in the forums

Wide Receiver Class of 2014

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by PTulini:
USC WR Marqise Lee will enter the NFL Draft.

Lee is a guy that I would love to get. If he falls into the 20 range the Niners should move up in my opinion.

I don't disagree about Lee, but I also think Odell Beckham Jr. could be just as explosive and he should be there in the late 1st.

I think the floor is higher with Lee and he will contribute sooner. But I do like Beckham a lot. I posted this in another thead but I would love so have the first few picks go:

Justin Gilbert rd 1
Odell Beckham rd 2
Travis Swanson rd 2B
Deonne Buchanon rd 3

Lee is a guy that I would love to get. If he falls into the 20 range the Niners should move up in my opinion.

I don't disagree about Lee, but I also think Odell Beckham Jr. could be just as explosive and he should be there in the late 1st.

I think the floor is higher with Lee and he will contribute sooner. But I do like Beckham a lot. I posted this in another thead but I would love so have the first few picks go:

Justin Gilbert rd 1
Odell Beckham rd 2
Travis Swanson rd 2B
Deonne Buchanon rd 3

If Beckham lasted until the late 2nd that would be awesome, and those first two picks would be incredible.

Justin Gilbert rd 1
Odell Beckham rd 2
Travis Swanson rd 2B
Deonne Buchanon rd 3

If Beckham lasted until the late 2nd that would be awesome, and those first two picks would be incredible.

I see Bucannon listed as a second rounder in several lists and Beckham in the early to mid second...but it's so early...who the heck knows? Would be happy with this draft!

Justin Gilbert rd 1
Odell Beckham rd 2
Travis Swanson rd 2B
Deonne Buchanon rd 3

Nice mock but doubt Gilbert makes it to 32 he is rated by most the #1 CB

Expect more Allen Robinson/Davante Adams imo
[ Edited by Harbaalke on Jan 3, 2014 at 10:01 PM ]
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
If we can't get Watkins hopefully we trade back and acquire more picks for '15 to get Green-Beckham. That dude is a monster and is better than Watkins in my eyes. Absolute freak.

Green Beckham is also a freak but they play different styles imo. Green Beckham is like CJ and Watkins is like a slightly smaller Julio Jones. Do we want to wait another year? Maybe, but he's probably gonna be a top 5 pick. It'll still be pretty hard to trade up for him. I'm unsure about Green Beckham's top end speed though.
[ Edited by kronik on Jan 3, 2014 at 10:13 PM ]
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
If we can't get Watkins hopefully we trade back and acquire more picks for '15 to get Green-Beckham. That dude is a monster and is better than Watkins in my eyes. Absolute freak.

Green Beckham is also a freak but they play different styles imo. Green Beckham is like CJ and Watkins is like a slightly smaller Julio Jones. Do we want to wait another year? Maybe, but he's probably gonna be a top 5 pick. It'll still be pretty hard to trade up for him.

Watkins is 6'1" but Green Beckham is by far a better prospect with his Height/weight/speed a freak at 6'6" 225 with a 4.43 40 time if we can flip a trade and get an extra 1st round for next year draft its very possible
[ Edited by Harbaalke on Jan 3, 2014 at 10:19 PM ]
What about Clemson's Martavis Bryant? Will he declare for the draft? He might be one to take a chance on a let him develop. He certainly has the size, but could bulk up some more.

[ Edited by PTulini on Jan 4, 2014 at 12:57 AM ]
What about Clemson's Martavis Bryant? Will he declare for the draft? He might be one to take a chance on a let him develop. He certainly has the size, but could bulk up some more.

I was wondering that too after his game tonight. His only issue is he had an indescretion once?

He would be I nice guy to get for the 49ers. Got the size & the speed and is maturing & still growing as a WR. Would be very happy to have him on the 49ers if he declares for the draft.
[ Edited by tohara3 on Jan 4, 2014 at 7:13 AM ]
is he a reliable catcher?

Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Watkins is 6'1" but Green Beckham is by far a better prospect with his Height/weight/speed a freak at 6'6" 225 with a 4.43 40 time if we can flip a trade and get an extra 1st round for next year draft its very possible

No instant gratification, but oh my... I likes the way you thinks on this.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Martavis Bryant is the next Randy Moss
Originally posted by SaksV:
Martavis Bryant is the next Randy Moss

Jordan Matthews killing it today.
Jordan Matthews killing it today.

I was just gonna ask about him. I'm no draft guy but live in middle TN and I've seen this guy play a lot. He seems legit. Was wondering what some of the draft guru's on here thought about Matthews?
Share 49ersWebzone