There are 251 users in the forums

Wide Receiver Class of 2014

How's everyone feel about Jordan Matthews from Vandy? 6'3, 206, looks quick in all the videos I see.
Originally posted by GameOver:
How's everyone feel about Jordan Matthews from Vandy? 6'3, 206, looks quick in all the videos I see.

Love Matthews, think he's being overlooked alot on here. He's dominated the SEC (holds career receiving yards record and receptions record). Here's a good article about how Matthews, in fact, is overlooked by alot of people:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000288431/article/vanderbilt-senior-jordan-matthews-among-top-wr-prospects
Originally posted by Travisty13:

Love Matthews, think he's being overlooked alot on here. He's dominated the SEC (holds career receiving yards record and receptions record). Here's a good article about how Matthews, in fact, is overlooked by alot of people:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000288431/article/vanderbilt-senior-jordan-matthews-among-top-wr-prospects

A lot of us, including myself were high on him last year. I think a lot of us had high hopes for him this season, and expected more. Possibly too much. I actually had us taking him in my early mock in Dec of 2012.

He has had a great year, but while pretty close to his 2012 campaign, his average and TD numbers both dropped.

I still really like the kid, and would be fine with the pick if that's who we settle on.

He is just a guy that has been talk about a lot around here for two seasons now, so he is not someone that some of us continue to discuss much.
This other GM mock got pretty wild with some other team's trades, since no one is looking at cap space and later consequences. I found myself with lots of draft picks and not a whole lot to burn them on.

So I thought... what the hell? and joined in the lunacy. Keep in mind, everyone holds onto their UFAs...

So this is the trade I had worked out, lol... don't abuse me too badly.. it's NOT REAL.

prior trades:

Transactions - -
49ers trade WR Mario Manningham + #122 for #100 - ( dumping cap and roster space )
49ers trade #154 + #218 for WR Marvin Jones - ( a steal! )
49ers trade CB Carlos Rogers + #90 for #70 ( dumping cap and roster space )

with pick #26, I selected CB Darqueze Dennard

The San Francisco 49ers give:

2015 1st rd pick
LG Mike Iupati
WR Mike Crabtree
RB LaMichael James

The Detroit Lions give:

WR Calvin Johnson

How much do yall hate it?
@nfldraftscout (Matt Miller): Texas A&M's Mike Evans = Tampa Bay's Vincent Jackson.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PTulini:
@nfldraftscout (Matt Miller): Texas A&M's Mike Evans = Tampa Bay's Vincent Jackson.

well if we could have the 22-25 year old Jackson that isn't so bad but current model Jackson gets caught after 20 yards cause he's slow.
Hell the niners getting Calvin... i'd do it
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:

i want us to pick this dude

+1

I see him mocked to us more than any other WR in the draft. Not one of my top favorite receivers but I think he'd be solid for us. Just from watching his college highlights and a few of his games, he appears to be the anti-AJJ: great hands, route running, size, can break tackles, and consistently get separation. AJ was all speed, little else. Allen has speed but also very good field vision. Beginning to warm up to the possibility of taking him.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

I see him mocked to us more than any other WR in the draft. Not one of my top favorite receivers but I think he'd be solid for us. Just from watching his college highlights and a few of his games, he appears to be the anti-AJJ: great hands, route running, size, can break tackles, and consistently get separation. AJ was all speed, little else. Allen has speed but also very good field vision. Beginning to warm up to the possibility of taking him.

Want to see his 40 time looks similar to Crabtree imo we need a speed at the WR position

Originally posted by Harbaalke:

Want to see his 40 time looks similar to Crabtree imo we need a speed at the WR position

Would that be such a bad thing? Will we be able to sign Crabtree to a contract extension? We could always get a speedster later in the draft.
[ Edited by PTulini on Dec 13, 2013 at 10:18 PM ]
Originally posted by Harbaalke:

Would that be such a bad thing? Will we be able to sign Crabtree to a contract extension? We could always get a speedster later in the draft.

I hope we take L'Damian Washington in the mid rounds. His game probably isn't as polished as Robinson (who appears to be as pro ready as they come) but I think he has a lot of upside and potential - he's 6'4 and has 4.3 speed. Couldn't hurt too much to give him a try?

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2jlLWn-2ic8&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D2jlLWn-2ic8[/video]

[ Edited by NeonNiner on Dec 14, 2013 at 6:42 AM ]
Its time, to trade up and get a WR or CB. We forget we have already drafted a RB and a DE and DE/DT.. in 2014. Its time to trade up and get a impact WR or CB or Both.. its time.. Sooner rather than later The gestapo Goddell is going to catch on to the phantom injuries we are coming up with for stashing players...
Originally posted by Travisty13:

Matthews is being given to the 9ers by many who see the J Rice connection but this connection also makes some turn away in fear that that connection is elevating Matthews too much. I love Matthews size, production, hands, and dedication. I've read that he has adopted many of JR's work habits and that means a great deal to me.

Mac--I would love that trade! Calvin is only 28 so he has another five to eight years if he has kept his body in shape...which he must have done given his quick recovery! If they could keep Boldin with CJ it would give this team the best one-two punch in the NFL! I'd like to keep Crabtree but...
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Dec 14, 2013 at 10:04 AM ]
So many believe Davante Adams WR Fresno St maybe coming out this yr ...If so is he a 1st round round pick ??? Should we trade
up if hes sitting there around tha high
teens???
Share 49ersWebzone