There are 143 users in the forums

Wide Receiver Class of 2014

Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
since the top of class WR's have been heavily discussed,

A couple guys i like in the mid to late rounds are,

Jalen Saunders (mid rounds)
Cody Hoffman (mid rounds)
Jeff Janis (late rounds/UDFA)(could potentially fill a HB role)
Josh Harper (Late rounds/UDFA)(may not declare)

Also love me some Davante Adams, but i don't think he declares.

Gonna need a couple WR's throughout the draft.

I believe that jalen saunders, josh harper and cooks from Oregon state are all from stockton

correction--saunders is from elk grove
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Give me Allen Robinson

Oh hell yes!!!! But will he declare for the draft that is the question.

hes balling for sure with a freshman qb (who also looks like a future stud)

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/penn-state-allen-robinson-sets-school-record-receiving-205105276--ncaaf.html
My Top 10:

1. Sammy Watkins
2. Marqise Lee
3. Jordan Matthews
4. Allen Robinson
5. Mike Adams
6. Jared Abbrederis
7. Donte Moncrief
8 Brandon Coleman
9. Devante Adams
10. Odell Beckham
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Give me Allen Robinson

Oh hell yes!!!! But will he declare for the draft that is the question.

hes balling for sure with a freshman qb (who also looks like a future stud)

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/penn-state-allen-robinson-sets-school-record-receiving-205105276--ncaaf.html

Robinson is on schedule to graduate early. He has had two solid years. I think he declares.

"Penn State's Allen Robinson says the NFL isn't on his mind, but the star receiver said Wednesday that he's set to graduate early at the end of the summer of 2014."

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/football/article_9dfc3fcc-3157-11e3-aec3-0019bb30f31a.html
i want that dude from A&M
After tonight, Brandin Cooks has 100 catches for 1443 and 14 TDs this year. And that's with D's knowing he's their only option on offense.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
After tonight, Brandin Cooks has 100 catches for 1443 and 14 TDs this year. And that's with D's knowing he's their only option on offense.

I like Cooks. He really should get a lot more talk than he does. I like that he can return punts as well. Would feel much more comfortable with Cooks returning than anyone on our roster. I have been calling for a WR that can return kicks for a couple seasons now. Ace Sanders was my return man choice last season. I like Cooks for this roll this season. (although this is the first season he got a shot at it). He looks comfortable when he is back there to me, just needs a bit more coaching and experience in the area of recognizing running lanes. He looks like a legit WR to me though.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Nov 17, 2013 at 1:02 AM ]
anyone think Malcolm Mitchell will declare? Or is he eligible? I know he was in his junior year when he had the injury the first game. I really like the kid even though he is really raw. Just wondering what people think?
Hope we get both lee and Watkins we have enough pcks to trade to get whoever we want
Originally posted by Travisty13:

I like Cooks. He really should get a lot more talk than he does. I like that he can return punts as well. Would feel much more comfortable with Cooks returning than anyone on our roster. I have been calling for a WR that can return kicks for a couple seasons now. Ace Sanders was my return man choice last season. I like Cooks for this roll this season. (although this is the first season he got a shot at it). He looks comfortable when he is back there to me, just needs a bit more coaching and experience in the area of recognizing running lanes. He looks like a legit WR to me though.

I 100% agree. I don't think Cooks get much talk cause he plays so late. But the kid is a stud. Put up great #s last year with Markus Wheaton on the field with him. With Wheaton gone, he's stepped up even more. And like you said, he's been getting used to PR duties this year which makes him more valuable imo. He's a guy that every time he has the ball in his hands, can score.

anyone think Malcolm Mitchell will declare? Or is he eligible? I know he was in his junior year when he had the injury the first game. I really like the kid even though he is really raw. Just wondering what people think?

No way, not with his injury, he'll come back and play another season in 2014 and then enter the draft.
I think lee is exactly what we need. the dudes a thoroughbred.
  • buck
  • Veteran

So far Cooks is not among the top 50 FBS punt returners.

This year he has returned 13 punts for 73 yards (average of 5.61 yards).

Strange, but true. His longest return was for 74 yards. He had two with a total of minus 24 yards.
[ Edited by buck on Nov 17, 2013 at 12:39 PM ]
Originally posted by buck:

Strange, but true. His longest return was for 74 yards. He had two with a total of minus 24 yards.

Yeah, if you draft him, you damn sure don't do it for his punt return skills.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by buck:

Yeah, if you draft him, you damn sure don't do it for his punt return skills.

No i realize that. Like i said this year is the first year he has done it. But i think he shows talent for the position, and looks more comfortable and sure handed than anyone we have. Like i said, that would be a work in progress.
Share 49ersWebzone