LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 176 users in the forums

Wide Receiver Class of 2014

Give me Allen Robinson
We need odell beckham. Fast and athletic to combat the Seattle corners. Won't be able to keep up with him (See; Hilton, TY)
Originally posted by Cooper22:
We need odell beckham. Fast and athletic to combat the Seattle corners. Won't be able to keep up with him (See; Hilton, TY)

Yup. Hilton exposed that secondary. They can get turned inside out you just have to be quick enough.

I think this is the type of receiver we need. A great route runner with hands like glue. His agility allows him to create tons of YAC, and TD's. Combine him with Crab/Davis and you wont have a problem putting together drives because they can pick up a 1st down or TD at any moment.
Im interested to see what Davonte Adams does against UNLV this weekend. Not sure he will declare but im watching him closely.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Yup. Hilton exposed that secondary. They can get turned inside out you just have to be quick enough.

I think this is the type of receiver we need. A great route runner with hands like glue. His agility allows him to create tons of YAC, and TD's. Combine him with Crab/Davis and you wont have a problem putting together drives because they can pick up a 1st down or TD at any moment.

This. Speed kills, when you think about it, 49ers lack speed almost completely on offense. They don't have explosiveness, they have several good possession type receivers but they don't have the type of guy that can take the top off a defense and make huge plays way downfield other than perhaps VD. Add a true deep threat at WR and open up the field for everyone else. I consider that far more important than drafting a "big" receiver who will only play into the way that Seattle and other teams with big DB's like to defend.

You're not going to go up top on guys like Sherman and Browner, they're way too big for that, so to beat them, you need a guy with outstanding quickness and speed. With the way Browner struggled with Hilton, it'd be nice to see a guy like that on the 49ers, forcing them to adjust their defense and keep Thomas back.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by eonblue:

This. Speed kills, when you think about it, 49ers lack speed almost completely on offense. They don't have explosiveness, they have several good possession type receivers but they don't have the type of guy that can take the top off a defense and make huge plays way downfield other than perhaps VD. Add a true deep threat at WR and open up the field for everyone else. I consider that far more important than drafting a "big" receiver who will only play into the way that Seattle and other teams with big DB's like to defend.

You're not going to go up top on guys like Sherman and Browner, they're way too big for that, so to beat them, you need a guy with outstanding quickness and speed. With the way Browner struggled with Hilton, it'd be nice to see a guy like that on the 49ers, forcing them to adjust their defense and keep Thomas back.

I don't think those who are big advocates of having a big receiver (6'2 +) have paid attention to who Seattle's secondary has struggled with. But I'm all for bringing in two guys with legit speed. One that can contribute immediately (picked in the top 3 rounds) and one to develop (7th round pick or undrafted free agent).
Originally posted by PTulini:

• buck
  • Veteran

My guess is that you are 100 % correct about the Seattle defense having a hard time with good fast small receivers.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Give me Allen Robinson

Oh hell yes!!!! But will he declare for the draft that is the question.
We need some speed...

Shaq Evans has good speed and size and is a great returner...

And Kaep to Shaq has a nice ring to it...and can be had on the cheap.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Nov 4, 2013 at 1:48 PM ]
Originally posted by Jakemall:
We need some speed...

Shaq Evans has good speed and size and is a great returner...

And Kaep to Shaq has a nice ring to it...and can be had on the cheap.

Kaepin and Shaqin all dat.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Give me Allen Robinson

Oh hell yes!!!! But will he declare for the draft that is the question.

hes balling for sure with a freshman qb (who also looks like a future stud)
sammy watkins is a beast!!
Share 49ersWebzone