LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

Grade the 49ers 2010 Draft [3 years later]

Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by jreff22:
drafting that high we would turn any OL into a probowler by this point....remove Iupati and put Pouncey in his place and we still look good. Bowman gets the credit because of where he was drafted.

The Mays pick which almost every west coast homer wanted, set us back....a big reason why we were drafting FS this year

What exactly is a west coast homer?

San Francisco and Los Angles are both on the West Coast, but they do not share much more than that.

There is almost an antagonistic relationship between the two cities.

I went to Cal, and I have a hard time admitting that a player from Southern Cal or UCLA might be good.

In fact, there is part of me that thinks Mays was terrible precisely because he went to the USC--the University of Spoiled Children.

A lot of kids that go to USC and Cal have this "aura" around them apparently come draft time.
  • buck
  • Veteran
A lot of kids that go to USC and Cal have this "aura" around them apparently come draft time.

WTF you talking about.

WTF you talking about.

lol I think you know exactly what I'm talking about
  • buck
  • Veteran

I got no effing clue.

As for kids part, fool, I was 38 when I entered the university.

I got no effing clue.

kids meaning the players

there are usually a good amount of posters overly pulling for either USC or Cal kids because they went to USC or Cal
  • buck
  • Veteran

I got no effing clue.

kids meaning the players

there are usually a good amount of posters overly pulling for either USC or Cal kids because they went to USC or Cal

Sounds like you are confused, but who knows. How many posters from Cal do you know.

I went to Cal and I do not pull for players from Cal.
[ Edited by buck on Apr 30, 2013 at 6:39 AM ]
kids meaning the players

I went to Cal, I pul for Cal players that can help the team,

Rodgers,
Jackson,
Decoud
Allen

not everybody and they momma that played for call
The grading-drafts-as-though-each-player-was-a-subject-on-a-child's-report-card thing is one of the most absurd things that I've read in NinerTalk or the Draft Forum in my 8 years on this board, and that is definitely saying something. Sweet black, baby Jesus.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
The grading-drafts-as-though-each-player-was-a-subject-on-a-child's-report-card thing is one of the most absurd things that I've read in NinerTalk or the Draft Forum in my 8 years on this board, and that is definitely saying something. Sweet black, baby Jesus.

great contribution to the discussion, please come back in 5 pages so you can shower us with further insight

I couldnt agree more. Absurd is exactly the right word for it and I think every single person in here sees that except for Jreff. Any grading system that could have 4 Hall of Fame players and 5 busts at the end of the draft and not considered an A+ isnt worth even discussing. ( using that as an example)

oh look, SI has a grading scale for players
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/draft-2012/grading_system/

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I couldnt agree more. Absurd is exactly the right word for it and I think every single person in here sees that except for Jreff. Any grading system that could have 4 Hall of Fame players and 5 busts at the end of the draft and not considered an A+ isnt worth even discussing. ( using that as an example)

I think you may need to go re-read what was written and stop parroting LA and Amp.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I think you may need to go re-read what was written and stop parroting LA and Amp.

OK.. Maybe I am wrong and you can help me out then. What would your grade on this be then:

Rd 1 Hall of Fame Player... Grade A
Rd 2 Hall of Fame Player Grade A
Rd 3 Hall of Fame Player Grade A
Rd 4 Total Bust - CUT Grade F
rd 5 Total Bust CUT Grade F
Rd 6 Total Bust CUT Grade F
Rd 7 Plays 1 year as sub Grade D

Just tell me what your draft grade would be for this hypothetical draft.
oh look, SI has a grading scale for players
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/draft-2012/grading_system/

The absurdity in your idea isn't grading players...it's the fact that you judge the entire draft the same way that you would calculate a child's report card. CNN is not doing that. How you interpret what others are saying as criticism of anyone that assigns grades to individual players is beyond me.
y'all is chipo-cray
Share 49ersWebzone