LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

How Many Potential Starters from 49ers 2013 Draft Class?

I could think about possibly 6 future potential starters from this 49ers Class of 2013 Draft. And the 49ers still got 2 high end picks for 2014 draft. Unbelievable.
How many do you think and who will have the most impact?
At worst, I think we got 3 potential starters. Could go as high as 6.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Apr 28, 2013 at 12:26 AM ]
1. Reid
2. The Tank
3.Lemonier
4. Lattimore
5. Patton
6. McDonald
Reid, lattimore, maybe tank if he plays 34 de

patton has an outside shot if crabtree leaves, same with lemonier if brooks leaves
for the future, Tank, Reid, Patton, Lattimore

For now, Reid.

Later for McDonald if Vernon retires/or when he does, which is a long time from now.

Lemonier could, but Brooks is still a good OLB.
more than last years class
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
for the future, Tank, Reid, Patton, Lattimore

For now, Reid.

Later for McDonald if Vernon retires/or when he does, which is a long time from now.

Lemonier could, but Brooks is still a good OLB.

I agree. Don't this remind you of the 96 draft, I think.? So many starters came out of that draft.
Dial could develop with J Smith tutoring him. Certainly has the size to add weight and has played all along the D Line.
Potential starters? 11

Immediate impact:
Reid
Tank (will rotate in)
McDonald
Lemonier (will rotate in)
Moody (special teams)

Future impact:
Patton (could surprise early)
Lattimore

The rest are late round flyers.
Glass half full mentality... 6 starters, 2 role players (Dial,OT), 3 special teamers (Bj =josh Cribbs, moody, and the rutger cb)
[ Edited by 5280High on Apr 27, 2013 at 11:56 PM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Dial could develop with J Smith tutoring him. Certainly has the size to add weight and has played all along the D Line.

Dial has been mentioned to have some ability to play 0 technique. I think it is much more likely that the Niners now have their DE of the future on both sides. Carradine and Dial could both potentially step in as the 3-4 DE in the future.
Originally posted by Butter:
Dial has been mentioned to have some ability to play 0 technique. I think it is much more likely that the Niners now have their DE of the future on both sides. Carradine and Dial could both potentially step in as the 3-4 DE in the future.

I don't think RayMc is anywhere near done. I envision Dial's role to be more like Ricky Jeabbe-Francois, playing both 3-4 DE and NT, whereas the hope is for Tank to be the starter.

As for the rest of the draft class, I really could see Patton leapfrogging AJ Jenkins, even if he shows significant growth this year. Corey Lemonier is probably a key roleplayer, capable of being a starter, but won't simply because of the talent we have at LB.

We have 5-6 guys that could legitimately start, but because of the team, only 2-3 probably will, with the others being very key roleplayers (McDonald, Lemonier).
just an overall amazing job by Baalke
Share 49ersWebzone