There are 165 users in the forums

Who does Baalke take at 34? "Absolutely we know."

Also glad your still on the Alford wagon Phoenix, but i think your starting to project him a little too high.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Nice. Even though we have more pressing needs IMO, i wouldnt be upset with the pick. He certainly has good measurables and production.

I didn't think Carradine would make it out of the first so I didn't give him much thought, but now that he's out there, I'd love to see him be a 49er. He's much better than the more hyped Werner, better overall potential, more skilled as a pass rusher, more balanced..etc. He won't be fully recovered from his injury for a few more months but this is a legit top 1st round talent that can be had at Pick #34....to me that's value, and a top pass rusher is something that no team can ever have enough of.
Also glad your still on the Alford wagon Phoenix, but i think your starting to project him a little too high.

Well, I thought he'd be worth it if they'd trade down into the middle 2nd.....Alford will be gone in the second, you'll see a retarded run on CB's in the 2nd round tomorrow.
I was on the Tank bandwagon but when he didn't go in the 1st my thinking is that he won't go high in the second. Mid or late second is my guess. This is the time to reload for next years draft. In order to secure a 1 or 2 they will have to let go of 34. My guess is the D-line will be addressed with the late second or 3rd rounder. This is an organization that thinks several years in advance. A 33 or 34 is like having a first round pick.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Well, I thought he'd be worth it if they'd trade down into the middle 2nd.....Alford will be gone in the second, you'll see a retarded run on CB's in the 2nd round tomorrow.

Most interesting thing will be whether Mathieu is part of that run. But yeah, Taylor, Alford, Slay, Banks. These guys are going fast. All my mocks had us getting one of them, with DL first and a S like Thomas later. Now that we went Reid first and Tank is still on the board, I'm willing to pass on this CB tier and hope for Mathieu.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I was on the Tank bandwagon but when he didn't go in the 1st my thinking is that he won't go high in the second. Mid or late second is my guess. This is the time to reload for next years draft. In order to secure a 1 or 2 they will have to let go of 34. My guess is the D-line will be addressed with the late second or 3rd rounder. This is an organization that thinks several years in advance. A 33 or 34 is like having a first round pick.

LOL.....wut? Have you been drinking tonight?
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

I understand the potential value of dealing 34 for a future pick, but I certainly don't think that being "an organization that thinks several years in advance" necessitates that type of move. Our first priority should be getting a guy we like right now. We already have another projected 10 picks next year, including two 2nds.
does he have the frame to pack 20lbs and be a 3-4 DE in the future?

I agree. He is a second rounder. Kinda hope we trade into the mid round and pickup a third. Then we can snag Alford and some other players. Never know though, i could fall if no one has fallen in love with him due to the small school.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

276 at the combine. Even just 10 pounds would be a heck of a start. Not a stretch at all.

15 pounds is enough and he's definitely got the frame for it, complete with long arms, good flexibility and lateral quickness, he's a very impressive prospect.

Just 135 days since surgery to repair a torn ACL, Florida State defensive end Tank Carradine ran a 40-yard dash reprtedly in 4.75 to 4.85 seconds. To put that in perspective, 4.75 seconds would have been one of the better 40 times posted by a defensive end at the scouting combine in February. Fellow Florida State defensive lineman Bjoern Werner, for example, ran his 40-yard dash in 4.83 seconds at the combine.

Carradine worked out in his native Cincinnati, and the session was attended by scouts from a dozen teams, including the 49ers. In fact, San Francisco sent defensive line coach Jim Tomsula to the workout, and he and Carradine had dinner on Friday night, according to a league source. The Chiefs, Lions, Browns, Saints, Bengals, Vikings, Colts, Broncos, Patriots, Falcons and Ravens also attended the workout.

Carradine, who measures 6-5, 273 pounds, played right defensive end for the Seminoles and was the team's leader in sacks (11) and tackles before he went down with an ACL tear in November. He had surgery in early December, and now teams must figure out how to rate him in the draft.

While Carradine was a defensive lineman in college, his best spot on a 3-4 team like the 49ers - at least initially - likely would be as an outside linebacker. Indeed, his physique - he has very long arms - and his style of play are similar to that of Aldon Smith, who was a situational pass rusher his rookie year with San Francisco.

The team's bigger need, however, is at defensive end. Justin Smith turns 34 this season and is entering the final year of his contract. There is no heir apparent on the roster, and his arm injury last season showed just how much the 49ers defenses needs a quality right defensive end in the lineup. Meanwhile, the 49ers have several outside linebackers beyond Aldon Smith and fellow starter Ahmad Brooks. Then again, veteran Parys Haralson is signed only through the upcoming season while 2012 rookies Darius Fleming and Cam Johnson are unproven.

It's possible that Carradine could begin his NFL career as an outside linebacker and grow into a defensive line position. Justin Smith, for example, was 267 pounds when he was drafted as a 4-3 defensive end in 2001. He now weighs close to 300 pounds.

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/04/49ers-defensive-coach-on-hand-for-tank-carradines-workout.html#storylink=cpy
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 26, 2013 at 12:11 AM ]
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:

276 at the combine. Even just 10 pounds would be a heck of a start. Not a stretch at all.

He looks built solid already, so i dont know about 20 pounds, but an NFL regimine can do wonders.

Still can't believe this dude won superbowls!

15 pounds is enough and he's definitely got the frame for it, complete with long arms, good flexibility and lateral quickness, he's a very impressive prospect.

Just 135 days since surgery to repair a torn ACL, Florida State defensive end Tank Carradine ran a 40-yard dash reprtedly in 4.75 to 4.85 seconds. To put that in perspective, 4.75 seconds would have been one of the better 40 times posted by a defensive end at the scouting combine in February. Fellow Florida State defensive lineman Bjoern Werner, for example, ran his 40-yard dash in 4.83 seconds at the combine.

Carradine worked out in his native Cincinnati, and the session was attended by scouts from a dozen teams, including the 49ers. In fact, San Francisco sent defensive line coach Jim Tomsula to the workout, and he and Carradine had dinner on Friday night, according to a league source. The Chiefs, Lions, Browns, Saints, Bengals, Vikings, Colts, Broncos, Patriots, Falcons and Ravens also attended the workout.

Carradine, who measures 6-5, 273 pounds, played right defensive end for the Seminoles and was the team's leader in sacks (11) and tackles before he went down with an ACL tear in November. He had surgery in early December, and now teams must figure out how to rate him in the draft.

While Carradine was a defensive lineman in college, his best spot on a 3-4 team like the 49ers - at least initially - likely would be as an outside linebacker. Indeed, his physique - he has very long arms - and his style of play are similar to that of Aldon Smith, who was a situational pass rusher his rookie year with San Francisco.

The team's bigger need, however, is at defensive end. Justin Smith turns 34 this season and is entering the final year of his contract. There is no heir apparent on the roster, and his arm injury last season showed just how much the 49ers defenses needs a quality right defensive end in the lineup. Meanwhile, the 49ers have several outside linebackers beyond Aldon Smith and fellow starter Ahmad Brooks. Then again, veteran Parys Haralson is signed only through the upcoming season while 2012 rookies Darius Fleming and Cam Johnson are unproven.

It's possible that Carradine could begin his NFL career as an outside linebacker and grow into a defensive line position. Justin Smith, for example, was 267 pounds when he was drafted as a 4-3 defensive end in 2001. He now weighs close to 300 pounds.

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/04/49ers-defensive-coach-on-hand-for-tank-carradines-workout.html#storylink=cpy

I've seen it said elsewhere, and maybe it's a bit of a stretch... but Tank Carradine is essentially the proven version of what people hope Ziggy Ansah can be.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
I've seen it said elsewhere, and maybe it's a bit of a stretch... but Tank Carradine is essentially the proven version of what people hope Ziggy Ansah can be.

Had he not gotten injured, Carradine would have been right up there with Ansah and Jordan IMO. His potential and athletic ability would have elevated him to the Top 10.
Share 49ersWebzone