LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 202 users in the forums

Who does Baalke take at 34? "Absolutely we know."

49ers will pick up some trades and trade back. they'll pick up Jesse Williams first and finish off the 2nd round with Mathieu.
i think we trade back for ideally a future 1st, then trade back up and get the other LSU DB to handle the slot.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
We likely won't spend the early 2nd on another safety, but it won't surprise me if we take a another safety in the draft.

Duke Williams or Josh Evans are my later round targets.

I want Josh Evans
Hunt from smu.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
34 Ertz TE
61 Jenkins NT
93 DaRick WR

I'd cream my pants if we ended up with that on day 2.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
THIS. I'd be down for Da'Rick Rogers and Travis Kelce to improve the offense........how will that happen?

49ers trade down in the 2nd, acquire a 4th, trade up into the 3rd, draft Robert Alford with the first 2nd rounder, Rogers with the 2nd and Kelce in the 3rd. BOOM! :)

Now your talking!
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows11m
Baalke on whether he knows who he'll pick tomorrow at No. 34. "Absolutely we know." He did not share any names.

That seems to virtually rule out trading back. The 34 spot is a logical place for some teams to target ahead of Philadelphia, but it sounds like Baalke has his man all lined up. Lot of possibilities out there, including TANK CARRADINE!!!!

Your gving them too much credit for being honest with the media and fans. Of course Baalke said that, did you want him to say we have no idea who we are taking? If you do that you lose all leverage in the potential of trading out of that pick
Please take Tank Caradine!
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
Please take Tank Caradine!

Seconded.
Here's the full quote:
"Absolutely we know," Baalke said. "But that doesn't mean something can't happen overnight. You woke up tomorrow and the phone rings and someone has a deal that you can't refuse and you trade back. Otherwise, we are prepared to make the pick."

Typical GM speak, sounds like it says a lot but really says next to nothing. I would certainly hope Baalke is prepared to make a pick if they don't trade down!

Tank, please! Ertz, Banks, Taylor would not upset me.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Here's the full quote:
"Absolutely we know," Baalke said. "But that doesn't mean something can't happen overnight. You woke up tomorrow and the phone rings and someone has a deal that you can't refuse and you trade back. Otherwise, we are prepared to make the pick."

Typical GM speak, sounds like it says a lot but really says next to nothing. I would certainly hope Baalke is prepared to make a pick if they don't trade down!

It sounds like he is telling other GMs, "don't come with a weak offer if you want this pick."
Margus Hunt for sure!!!!
We got the safety we wanted I'm hoping we grab which ever nose tackle prospect we graded the highest. I think we might have to jump on Kelce with our 2nd pick today.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Hunt or Hankins
Share 49ersWebzone