LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 157 users in the forums

2013 Draft Discussion Thread

Originally posted by maxsmart:
Originally posted by BayArea:
Anybody else confused about the Seahawks drafting a RB in the 2nd? I tried a million different points of view and it is still a retarded move. Not complaining but damn that was my biggest question mark of the draft. Ignore needs and draft high at the position in which you don't really even need depth? lol

They retarded, they drafted two RB's

also don't understand
Arizona hit big and in areas of need, will be a great draft in a couple years.
Originally posted by DVDA:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
With no one behind Bowman and Willis I'm shocked we didn't address the ILB stop.

The 49ers have Dan Skuta and Michael Wilhoite at linebacker and they just drafted Nick Moody. Larry Grant is still available as a free agent as well.
Wilhoite will be cut, Grant won't be resigned because of money and the fact that he got busted for PED, and must serve a 4 game suspension for anyteam that signs him in the regular season. Instead they will probably chance it with younger players and Skuta. Save the roster spot to develope the defense for the future.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by maxsmart:
Anybody else confused about the Seahawks drafting a RB in the 2nd? I tried a million different points of view and it is still a retarded move. Not complaining but damn that was my biggest question mark of the draft. Ignore needs and draft high at the position in which you don't really even need depth? lol

They retarded, they drafted two RB's

also don't understand
I read on rotoworld that they plan to make Spencer Ware a fullback
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by DVDA:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
With no one behind Bowman and Willis I'm shocked we didn't address the ILB stop.

The 49ers have Dan Skuta and Michael Wilhoite at linebacker and they just drafted Nick Moody. Larry Grant is still available as a free agent as well.
Wilhoite will be cut, Grant won't be resigned because of money and the fact that he got busted for PED, and must serve a 4 game suspension for anyteam that signs him in the regular season. Instead they will probably chance it with younger players and Skuta. Save the roster spot to develope the defense for the future.

I thought Wilhoite showed some good things last year. He's a good athlete and his previous experience at safety in college can only help him in coverage. The battle between him and Moody should be a good one in camp. Worst case scenario is the 49ers sign Grant and deal with his suspension. I have never seen Skuta play, but I am not worried about the inside linebacker positions since there is so much talent in the front seven. The 49ers will be able to cover up the flaws of a guy like Skuta if he has to start a few games.
Haven't seen a 49ers draft class this deep since 1986, and I feel we might see similar results in the end; at least 4 of these guys will be on the team in 5 years, and at least 4 will be pro bowlers.
Did anyone else laugh when they booed goodell every time?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Richard Deitsch ‏@richarddeitsch

ESPN averaged 3,035 million viewers for its three-day NFL draft coverage, up four percent over 2012 (2.92M) and 2011 (2.918M).

The NFL Network averaged 930,000 viewers for its three days of NFL Draft coverage, up 23 percent over 2012.

ESPN's top-rated markets for NFL Draft: 1. NOLA; 2. Birmingham; 3. KC; 4. BUF; 5. Dayton; 6, JAX; 7. Pitt; 8. Mil; 9. Cincy; 10. Nashville.
[ Edited by Jcool on Apr 28, 2013 at 4:39 PM ]

we drafted lamichael james in the 2nd.................

we had gore and hunter pretty much the equivalent of lynch and turbin
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Tried to find out from scouts why Sharrif Floyd fell in the draft. Can't find one reason. He just kinda did. So many like him as a player

Anyone else like the Panthers draft?

They should be a good defense right up the middle.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Anyone else like the Panthers draft?

They should be a good defense right up the middle.

Never know with two rookies, or three. May take a few years for them to develop, or they may never develop at a higher level. But they certainly threw their limited number of picks in that direction.
Share 49ersWebzone