There are 197 users in the forums

What trade strategy will the 49ers employ in the first round of the draft?

What trade strategy will the 49ers employ in the first round of the draft?

• fryet
  • Veteran
So what does everyone think? Will the 49ers make a big splash and trade up to around 15? Will they trade up to somewhere in the 20s? Actually use the 31st pick? Or will they try and get even more picks in the sweet 2nd through 4th rounds? Or maybe even trade it for a 1st in the draft next year?
  • fryet
  • Veteran
So far, 5 votes, 5 different answers.
My guess is that Baalke will stay put. However, with less than one shopping day 'til Christmas, I doubt even he knows! Since he has so many picks to work with, I believe he will let the draft come to him. All of the above options are all viable possibilities.
I think he trades his top picks back and moves his later picks up. I see the Niners obtaining a ton of picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds because once you get past the first 15 picks in the first round it really levels out.

We'll fill S, DL, CB, WR, TE, OLB in the 2nd/3rd and they'll all be good players. You heard it here first!
[ Edited by pete98146 on Apr 24, 2013 at 7:29 PM ]
I think baalke trades up. However if I were GM Id stand pat @ 31 and look to trade out for a 3rd rounder and a 1st in next years draft. It costs too much to move up earlier than 15 or so.
Originally posted by pete98146:
I think he trades his top picks back and moves his later picks up. I see the Niners obtaining a ton of picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds because once you get past the first 15 picks in the first round it really levels out.

We'll fill S, DL, CB, WR, TE, OLB in the 2nd/3rd and they'll all be good players. You heard it here first!

Originally posted by theninermaniac:
I think baalke trades up. However if I were GM Id stand pat @ 31 and look to trade out for a 3rd rounder and a 1st in next years draft. It costs too much to move up earlier than 15 or so.

Gotta admit tho, if Star is available at #13 it would be tempting to trade 31 and 34 to move up and trade with the Jets. NYJ are looking at QB and they are nervous about overspending for Nassib or Manuel. These QBs will probably be avail at either 31 or 34 so it makes sense for them too. Coincidentally this trade works almost perfectly on the trade chart too.

Star is one heck of a player. Too expensive?
[ Edited by pete98146 on Apr 24, 2013 at 8:45 PM ]
We're going to go get Sheldon Richardson or Star. Book it

Something like that although I still think they move up in the first.
Originally posted by bdub2588:

LOL...I'm like a yo yo tonight. Can't make up my mind. Either way, I don't think we stay pat. It's either move up to get Star or Richardson or trade back and get extra 2nd or 3rds.
I believe they'll stay put....

I do think that we will trade some of our mid round picks this year for higher picks in next years draft though.

LOL...I'm like a yo yo tonight. Can't make up my mind. Either way, I don't think we stay pat. It's either move up to get Star or Richardson or trade back and get extra 2nd or 3rds.

This, with the dark horse being Dj Hayden or milliner if he falls
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

We have the picks the condens
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

I'd love either of them.. This years corner class is, prospectively pretty good.
i think he will stay put and will select a DB.
Voted for trade up about 10 spots. Could be just projecting here, but I expect someone I really like to slip to the 20's (probably DE).. and that I'll be "pounding the table" for us to go get him.
i really hope they are not trading out of the first when i am sitting in front of my laptop from 2 to 6 am on a weekday but we will see.
Share 49ersWebzone