LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 259 users in the forums

Mock Draft - First 130 Picks and explanations

The niner picks are now bold per request
Before I even read it, it's impressive that you did 130 write-up explanations. Nice work
I'd replace Wheaton w/Phillip Thomas, who's an excellent true FS. I'd replace Schwenke w/Da'Rick Rogers. We don't need a C...both Kilgore and Looney are waiting to replace Goodwin after this coming season. I'd trade up in 3rd rd to get Kelce. I'd replace Gholston w/Brandon Jenkins.
Thanks, RollinWith21n52!

CorvaNinerFan - I Share the thought that the niners need to think of their WR situation this year and I think they consider drafting a WR with their 2nd or 3rd pick this year. That is why I weighted WR higher. I also really like kelce. I think he will be the best or second best TE this draft class. I just think Harbaugh will be turned off by his baggage and we already have a TE with a strong personality.
Don't we have pick #128 also?
Btthepunk - we do. I mentioned in my post that I included the forfeited picks in my numbers so I think it is confusing people. The inclusion was intentional but the confusion was not
Originally posted by gored49:
Btthepunk - we do. I mentioned in my post that I included the forfeited picks in my numbers so I think it is confusing people. The inclusion was intentional but the confusion was not

I see. It just threw me off because we have 128 and 130.
What do you like about Brandon Jenkins? I haven't studied him much
Mike mayock just said he can see the OTs going in the first three spots. If it happens I am still claiming a called it first ha
Not bad. Like the Josh Evans pick

Thanks Tohara. I think he was overshadowed by Elam but his game will translate better to the pros
Originally posted by gored49:
Thanks Tohara. I think he was overshadowed by Elam but his game will translate better to the pros

I think he would be a perfect fit at safety for the 49ers. Would like to see a couple safeties with similar size & skills manning our defensive backfield.
It is probably the dreads (which he has cut) but Josh Evans looks like Goldson out there to me (which may make some people happy but some may not like because Goldson wasn't a true ball hawk)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku80oywDfMY

This is a great video for him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPErIZss3Nc

It shows his weaknesses (some bad angles that hopefully can be fixed with coaching) and his strengths (pretty sure tackling, being active around the ball, making a break on the ball in the zone, and analyzing plays while roaming). I would almost want to draft him to play the Goldson role and draft another safety to be a ball hawk.
I would like to try and do this every year. Do people like this or just prefer seeing the Niner's picks?

Maybe in a few years I can get some rep like AB, OTC and Maddog
Share 49ersWebzone