LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 289 users in the forums

Can you Predict the 8.

My daily heart rate continues to climb with each day becoming nearer to the draft. Can't wait.

I'd be lying if I said I don't look at mocks. Nice to get insight on what many are thinking (or what we think they are thinking). But, part of me thinks they are pointless. When you are wrong, more than right, that is valuable how? Who brags about their mocks after the draft?? Then also making draft trades?? *sheesh* They are so wrong that everyone slithers away and changes the subject, post-draft.

How about something a tad easier?

Also too many here make boastful predictions and don't stand by them. Here I will celebrate the best predictions and slam the worst.

Select whether offensive or defensive selection then the position. On the Niners top 8 picks in the draft.

O/D prediction : Offense or Defensive selection? That should be easy.
Position prediction: Next, get more specific about position (you can go chicken like me an go DL/OL or more specific).

Better to be right here than specific.

Point system:
  • 1 pt picking O/D correct - once you are wrong the rest of your picks are zeroed.
  • 2 pts for position correct - once wrong here rest picks zeroed.
  • 1 bonus pt for more specific (using NT instead of DL or OG instead of OL)

(So if the Niners select SS/NT/CB I would get 3 for the first (D/D/D) and 4 on the 2nd (S/DL and wrong on the next pick that is a CB) and I'm done ... wrong on a first then on second

My set:

• D/D/D/O/D/D/O/O/D
  • S/DL/S/TE/CB/WR/OL/OLB

OPTIONAL: Rationale.

• I believe the Niner front office views the defense costing us the SB. The gamble to run thin on the DL (not much rotation), worked in 2011, but not last year. I think 4 of the 5 first picks will be on the D side
  • Harbaugh has draft crushes. I think his have been Kaepernick and Lamichael James. Both second rounders so very unlikely they will trade up for a draft crush especially for the D.
  • I think it more likely we trade down in the first than up. I think they will try max picks in rounds 2 & 3 and will trade up in the third.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
check out Lieutenant Kaffe's link:

WZ Draft War Room Competition: Who ends up in a 49ers jersey?

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/172589-draft-war-room-competition-who-ends-49ers-jersey/
[ Edited by OldJoe on Apr 25, 2013 at 2:15 PM ]
Predict deez nuts
Fun game. My reasoning exists in about a hundred threads, so here goes.

Pick 1: D, DL
Pick 2: D, CB
Pick 3: D, S
Pick 4: O, TE
Pick 5: O, OT (trying for the bonus points by not saying OL, hoping you give me credit if it's a college tweener the 49ers intend to use as a backup swing OT)
Pick 6: D, DL
Pick 7: O, WR
Pick 8: D, S

OldJoe, I have a suggestion. Since our first two picks are only three slots apart, do you want to consider making them interchangeable for this game? If we stand pat at both slots, I think that might make some sense. It'd be a pain to get it wrong because the 49ers go Reid/Williams instead of Williams/Reid, ya know?
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Fun game. My reasoning exists in about a hundred threads, so here goes.

Pick 1: D, DL
Pick 2: D, CB
Pick 3: D, S
Pick 4: O, TE
Pick 5: O, OT (trying for the bonus points by not saying OL, hoping you give me credit if it's a college tweener the 49ers intend to use as a backup swing OT)
Pick 6: D, DL
Pick 7: O, WR
Pick 8: D, S

OldJoe, I have a suggestion. Since our first two picks are only three slots apart, do you want to consider making them interchangeable for this game? If we stand pat at both slots, I think that might make some sense. It'd be a pain to get it wrong because the 49ers go Reid/Williams instead of Williams/Reid, ya know?

I like it. Done.
1: D, PR (pass rusher)
2: O, TE
3: D, CB
4: O, RB
5: D, NT
6: O, WR
7. O, OT
8: O, QB
9: D, DT
10: D, S
  • krizay
  • Veteran
1. O/WR
2. D/CB
3.D/S
4.D/DL
5.O/TE
6.D/S
7.O/athlete
8.O/OT
1. 0 WR
2. D DL
2 D S
3. O TE
3 O OL
4 O RB
4 O QB
5. D NT
1. D/DE
2. O/WR
3. D/FS
4. O/TE
5. O/OT
6. D/CB
7. D/DL
8. O/QB
1. Def / FS
2. Def / DE
3. Def / DT
4. Off / TE
5. Def / CB
6. Off / OT
7. Off / RB (Lattimore, Baby!)
8. Off / WR
Not sure why you were specific with DBs but not DLs...chicken is good though.

1. D/FS
2. O/TE
3. D/DL
4. O/WR
5. D/DT
6. D/CB
7. O/KR
8. D/LB

1. D/S
2. D/DL
3. D/S
4. O/TE
5. O/WR
6. D/DT
7. D/DE
8. D/LB

we draft goldson's replacement and whitners in the the same draft. start one now and the other next year.
1 - DL
2 - CB
3 - S
4 - WR
5 - TE
6 - OLB
7 - OT
8 - ILB
I guess I'm chicken and not too bright. CorvaNinerFan has made it clear than just doing the position covers both.

Thanks for all those who have entered their predictions.

I wonder if anyone can nail this.
[ Edited by OldJoe on Apr 23, 2013 at 6:34 PM ]
Either

1 - WR
2 - TE
3 - DL
4 - FS
5 - SS
6 - CB
7 - OL
8 - FS

Or