LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 215 users in the forums

Anyone doubting Baalke and Harbaugh's drafting ability?

lol 1 pick who didn't produce yet and now you doubt. You my friend are a worried little girl.
Even the legend himself, Bill Walsh, has drafted a few busts. Baalke gets the benefit of the doubt from me until proven otherwise. I remember a lot of people flipping out when we didn't sign a GM with prior experience then he went in to win GM of the year. Give the 2012 class a couple more years before judging..
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I have some fears but we'll see if they can win me over.

yea i mean aj jenkins sucked, we will have to see.
No. Not at all.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Yes, I do have doubts. The problem is people almost make Baalke into a saint. My honest opinion is someimes they get too cute, they need to know is actually OK to pick someone that other teams like too as opposed to going for the odd ball like an AJ Jenkins.
Love all the hating on AJ after one season with the team. How did Kap do his first season? How did that work out?
Originally posted by frozen49er:
Love all the hating on AJ after one season with the team. How did Kap do his first season? How did that work out?

Justin Blackmon was almost a nonfactor for three quarters of the season, and that was with no one but Cecil Shorts on the team. I'm willing to give AJ Jenkins another year. WRs take a while to catch on.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:

Justin Blackmon was almost a nonfactor for three quarters of the season, and that was with no one but Cecil Shorts on the team. I'm willing to give AJ Jenkins another year. WRs take a while to catch on.

Does that coincide with the switch to Henne too?

+1
Originally posted by 5280High:

Does that coincide with the switch to Henne too?

That sounds right. He had that huge game against Houston, and that might have been Henne's first start.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
But this is the important reality: The 49ers didn't have a bad 2012 draft. Not in the least. In fact, that they had no use for two pretty talented players is because the roster was in such impeccable shape to begin with.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/9196385/2013-nfl-draft-why-san-francisco-49ers-deal-2013-picks-stock-future
the reason we got no production from our rookies is because we didnt need them to produce, our roster was already stacked, dont look for us to take to many players this year I bet they package a lot of this years picks to get high picks in the 2014 and 2015 drafts when a lot of our big name players contracts like crabs and aldon are ending
Originally posted by Jcool:
But this is the important reality: The 49ers didn't have a bad 2012 draft. Not in the least. In fact, that they had no use for two pretty talented players is because the roster was in such impeccable shape to begin with.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/9196385/2013-nfl-draft-why-san-francisco-49ers-deal-2013-picks-stock-future

My insider is cancelled, wanna copy and paste???
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5280High:
My insider is cancelled, wanna copy and paste???

Don't have insider myself but this was posted in another thread:

Is posting INsider articles against forum policy? The article is presented in numbered headings, making it somewhat easy to summarize. Here they are with my parentheticals.

1. They need less help now ... (about how we are set at most positions)

2. … but they'll need it in 2014 and 2015 (about how having CK on a rookie contract is a luxury, and about Crabtree, Aldon, Iupati, etc.)

3. Trading picks now means better picks in the future (about how a 4th now equals a 3rd in a year or a 2nd in two years using conventional wisdom for trading picks)

4. They can't keep these picks anyway (about how 13 rooks can't make the roster)

5. Future picks mean more than future rookies (about how extra picks can land you players like Revis or Harvin if the time is right)
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Who's the chic next to Kap? Is that his squeeze?
Share 49ersWebzone