LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 210 users in the forums

TheNinersMan Mock Draft 1.0

Edited: I made a few adjustments, hopefully this still reaches all of the Niners needs. I think I might have to package up a 2nd and 4th to move up and grab Reid still,but I wouldn't mind grabbing whichever safety is available at 61.

1st - 31 Overall - Tank Carradine - DE FSU
2nd - 34 Overall - Traded to Buffalo for 2014 first round pick
2nd - 61 Overall - Eric Reid - FS LSU
3rd - 74 Overall - Travis Kelce - TE Cincinnati
3rd - 93 Overall - Logan Ryan - CB Rutgers
4th - 128 Overall - Aaron Dobson - WR Marshall
4th - 131 Overall - Marcus Lattimore - RB University of South Carolina Gamecocks located in Columbia, S.C. at 816 Bull St.
5th - 157 Overall - Reed Fragel - T OSU
5th - 173 Overall and 180 Overall to Denver for 161 Overall - Kwame Geathers - NT Georgia
7th - 237 Overall - Marcus Davis - WR VA TECH
7th - 246 Overall - Spencer Nealy - DE Texas A&M
7th - 252 Overall - Ray Ray Armstrong - S - formerly from the U

I wish that I could have mocked a WR in this draft. I feel like the last 2nd round pick and the first 3rd round pick will be used on a CB, TE, or WR and I saw the best value in Hayden and Kelce for the Niners next season.

Go Niners!!!
[ Edited by TheNinersMan on Apr 19, 2013 at 12:50 PM ]
Hayden is probably a first round pick, and im a cyprien fan and not so much for reid. But I do like how we move up the board in mid rounds to target prospects.
Not bad. I like the Carradine, Hayden, Kelce, Geathers picks. And I like that you got 2 safeties. Would like to see a WR somewhere here. Maybe in the 4th instead of Lattimore or someone like Wilson or Kaufman in the 7th instead of a kicker. Also would have been nice to get something back for next year. Go Niners!
I agree with you that Hayden is flying up boards. I just like him the best and hope he falls to us somehow. The only reason I like Reid more is because he seems like someone that has the physical abilities to be elite and he can also decipher an offensive formation. I loved having Dashon roaming to backend but for every awesome play he made, he also gave up a huge play. I prefer a safety that doesn't rely so much on his physical abilities and more on his knowledge of offenses. Whitner will still bring the lumber so I want a more fluid athlete that is rangy and makes plays on the ball. Reid does lay the wood on guys but it seems like he understands the difference between a legal hit and an illegal hit.

However I feel like any safety the Niners F/O picks in the first two round are going to succeed and play well next season.

Go Niners!!!!
Originally posted by Jbniner:
Not bad. I like the Carradine, Hayden, Kelce, Geathers picks. And I like that you got 2 safeties. Would like to see a WR somewhere here. Maybe in the 4th instead of Lattimore or someone like Wilson or Kaufman in the 7th instead of a kicker. Also would have been nice to get something back for next year. Go Niners!

I agree with you 100%. I feel like the niners will absolutely trade for future picks I just wanted to concentrate on this year's draft and pick players that could help out now. But I think you are correct and there should have been a WR in there at some point, I love the potential of drafting and "redshirting" the potential best running back in the draft. He is kind of like a future draft pick for us. The one trade I desperately wanted to make was our 34th overall pick for Buffalo, Oakland, or some other bad team's 2014 1st round pick. That would be a potential top 10 draft pick.

Go Niners!!!!!!
Like the picks - doubtful that they'll be there when we select.

Tank iks going to be a tank - I really hope we can get him.

I'd lay even money Barret Jones will be gone in the 2nd.
  • buhda
  • Veteran
What happen to the 93th pick?
Originally posted by buhda:
What happen to the 93th pick?

Traded for an earlier 2nd round pick.
This is probably the way I might draft as the GM. But Niners will need a 4th QB for camp. I'd go WR instead of the center. Looney and Kilgore should be equal to a 4th R center. A backup OT is a higher need than C IMO. The second safety is probably not needed.
[ Edited by Paul_Hofer on Apr 19, 2013 at 9:11 AM ]
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Like the picks - doubtful that they'll be there when we select.

Tank iks going to be a tank - I really hope we can get him.

I'd lay even money Barret Jones will be gone in the 2nd.

Yeah that is what makes this draft class so difficult to mock because there are so many guys that could go in a huge range of picks like Jesse Williams from Alabama has been mocked as high as 20th overall and as low as 61st overall to us. You never know where anyone will go and this years draft will be even more crazy to see where guys will go and who will fall, but that is what makes it so exciting to watch. I love the niners draft spots right now and they could end up with both of their 2nd round selections being guys that could have potentially gone in the first round.

Go Niners!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
This is probably the way I might draft as the GM. But Niners will need a 4th QB for camp.

The reason I picked Barrett Jones is because of his versatility and football IQ. I just feel like a football team can never have enough guys with the mentality of I will do whatever is best for the team to succeed. But you are probably right an offensive tackle is more important because our backups aren't great their but I do think that Boone could be the starting RG and the backup for both tackles and if the backup guards (Kilgore and Looney or B. Jones) are good enough to start if something like that were to happen then we are set.
Nate Montana UDFA......

Go Niners!!!
[ Edited by TheNinersMan on Apr 19, 2013 at 9:24 AM ]
Pass on Barrett Jones. Wasted pick with Looney and Kilgore waiting in the wings. Use that pick on WR Aaron Dobson and then you've got a very solid draft!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Hayden is probably a first round pick, and im a cyprien fan and not so much for reid. But I do like how we move up the board in mid rounds to target prospects.

Yeah, Mayock has Hayden as his #1 corner. He should go middle first, now.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 19, 2013 at 9:53 AM ]
Originally posted by blm7754:
Pass on Barrett Jones. Wasted pick with Looney and Kilgore waiting in the wings. Use that pick on WR Aaron Dobson and then you've got a very solid draft!

I agree 100%
Lattimore is from South Carolina. I know that's what u mean as far as USC but only one team is really known as USC and that's Southern California. So a bit confusing to someone who may not know that. Especially after you wrote out the names of most other schools.
Share 49ersWebzone