LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

For all the folks who want to trade up, read Gil Brandts article

You bet...I've been saying it for months. Baalke has 5 picks in the first 3 rds going in...trade to get a couple more. 7 picks in first 3 rds should get what the team needs and have some picks leftover for 2014. Absolutely no good reason to trade up in 1st rd...for anyone.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
You bet...I've been saying it for months. Baalke has 5 picks in the first 3 rds going in...trade to get a couple more. 7 picks in first 3 rds should get what the team needs and have some picks leftover for 2014. Absolutely no good reason to trade up in 1st rd...for anyone.

Considering our success with high picks that would my reasoning for not ruling out a trade up. Very unlikely you're going to find the Iupatis, Smith, Willis etc between the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Stockpile of picks should mean we're weighing all options.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Apr 15, 2013 at 1:45 PM ]
If 3 of 6 teams go stupid and can't help themselves, drafting perfectly good 2nd and 3rd rd qBs in rd 1(jax, jets, cards, buff, cleveland, raids) our # 31 becomes #28 and our #34 becomes #31. Drafting BPA is going to be DL , DL. Just look at the guys available then. Additionally i think trent goes with 5 guys only (excluding 3 comps) and trades up 5 picks to move up 3 guys in draft. Whereas we need a FS, and there are what, 7 or 8, who knows how TB and JH even rate those guys? Maybe they have them all in first 10 picks in rd 2. If that happens we get both starting DLs and a FS they like. Got no idea who that may be. Trent could jump up to pick #15-20 for a FS they think is the best of the bunch, but I don't see trent making that kind of a huge move. Hence, 2 DLs, bang-bang, and then a FS they like with upgrades to all our 3 remaining picks(the remainder traded for our moves up).

Hey, we have no more money, ($1mil) and need about $5-6 mil more). I think that speaks against a high pick for FS, instead taking the best they like at # 36- 40 and that is a deal we could do. 2 DLs will help cement the DL the same way we cemented the OL...and for the next 4-5 yrs. To me this is a no brainer, assuming 4 or 5 teams take a qb in rd 1, which might make for some very interesting choices for TB. Still, i think 2 DLs.
Share 49ersWebzone